Quote Originally Posted by astro1 View Post
Thanks I've worked on mechanism of powers for brim and pretty much every power combination since the beginning of this game. It seems however that the powers you consider to be working just fine are the fb/brim combo. Of course this works. This is why everyone is using it because it is overpowered compared to all other powers on the skill tree.

I'm glad you mentioned how attack and crit work with COMBO. That's the heart of the problem. EVERYTHING works with brim combo = imbalance in skill tree. People who don't use the ONE realistically working combo in game don't get the combo "burn over time effect" that allows attack to actual work like in your example (ie. summoning more damage with more crit).This strategy also works with fire but is not as effective. My suggestion was make the attack stat more potent so anyone else not using brim combo would have a chance to kill someone who brims before they get the inevitable second brim in that would kill them.

Brim is the most simple non skill way to take HP from an opponent (now that dark binding is nerfed). This is why everyone respecd when it first came out i know I did). People gravitate towards brim because it's overpowered in comparison to other combinations of skills. It's great for beginner players because they feel like pros right away because they can get easy kills and it's a great way to ks at a distance and boost kdr. This is why it is the only power combo used in the game right now. When someone talks about brim not being over powered they think in the context of everyone else who is using brim. When you look at it like that of COURSE it's not over powered because everyone is using the same thing. Seems equal and like it works. This only solidifies the point that brim combo is overpowered in comparison to the rest of the skill tree and something should be done.

People who have been playing this game long enough crave a real challenge, change, and something that can get their mind and adrenaline going. The game was like this in the past but has now soured and staled bec of a fairly simplistic combo. STS you have every incentive to make the skill tree equal. People will pay for countless respecs because they want to master ALL SKILLS and combos. The pvp community will enjoy it (even if they will never admit it) because they'll want to WIN and will do nothing to stop looking for that perfect combination of attacks that allows them to dominate.
Besides the fb/brim combo the shadow dance and slash could also be used if the combo hit which is by luck (Highest luck on khanda) the combo is op even than fb/brim combo like 2x times, it deals so much damage and if the points are with the attack than crit is lethal +_+
Yep i vouch for attack improvement, lets see what others think..
Thanks for the suggestion
Regards