Thread: VPN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    265 Posts

Default VPN

Is it really against TOS to use a VPN while doing plat offers in AL, because I have done a lot of plat offers in AL with a VPN on because there is a firewall that wont let me play Arcane Legends unless I use a VPN to get around it :////

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

I know 100% that you can get banned for doing plat offers trough a vpn , but not sure about just using one .
    Its in the tos that you cant use anything that spoofs your identity , i guess because it would a potential way to get around bans .

Ign : Derp - endgame main / Gouiwaa : will be a twink once twinking is back / Derpynuts : lvl1 , my troll account

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

congratulations, you just played yo self
    Mage 71: Dalledalle Warrior 66: Dallemanden

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Lmao where da ban-hammer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    265 Posts

Well I have not been ban yet and hope I don't get banned for bringing it to the forums because it never explicitly stated in TOS you cant use VPN while playing. Plus i normally use the VPN closest to me, it gives me the fastest speed. and sometimes and sometimes when I use a VPN I dont get any plat offers at all for certain places like fyber which sucks. (Fyber is gone now I think though) So it doesnt make sense how using a VPN can be used as a form of plat farming because sometimes you dont even get offers.

if anything I feel like the devs could hopefully use this as a great oppurtunity to clarify this or not :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spheresome View Post
    Well I have not been ban yet and hope I don't get banned for bringing it to the forums because it never explicitly stated in TOS you cant use VPN while playing. Plus i normally use the VPN closest to me, it gives me the fastest speed. and sometimes and sometimes when I use a VPN I dont get any plat offers at all for certain places like fyber which sucks. (Fyber is gone now I think though) So it doesnt make sense how using a VPN can be used as a form of plat farming because sometimes you dont even get offers.

if anything I feel like the devs could hopefully use this as a great oppurtunity to clarify this or not :/
    'spoofs' (using of any means to disguise your online identity or alter original attribute information);
    ^^ Thats a line from the tos referring directly to vpns and any other way to hide your ip .
    Last edited by Gouiwaa9000; 08-08-2018 at 05:27 AM.

Ign : Derp - endgame main / Gouiwaa : will be a twink once twinking is back / Derpynuts : lvl1 , my troll account

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    265 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gouiwaa9000 View Post
    'spoofs' (using of any means to disguise your online identity or alter original attribute information);
    ^^ Thats a line from the tos referring directly to vpns and any other way to hide your ip .
    Im screwed, sts if you see this pls dont ban me, it was an innocent mistake and I dont think I even masked my IP address too often, i only switched between teh 2 zones closest to me so I could get the fastest internet to play AL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Im screwed, sts if you see this pls dont ban me, it was an innocent mistake and I dont think I even masked my IP address too often, i only switched between teh 2 zones closest to me so I could get the fastest internet to play AL
    Don't worry bud, I don't think the devs will ban you, as it seems like an honest mistake - and you even dared to post it on the forums x)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to DalleManden For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    265 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DalleManden View Post
    Don't worry bud, I don't think the devs will ban you, as it seems like an honest mistake - and you even dared to post it on the forums x)
    Meep Merp Meep Meep
    ty~ xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Meep Merp Meep Meep
    ty~ xD
    Aight, although it isn't allowed.... I guess, it shouldn't matter because I tested a VPN with offers and with fyber (this was when it still existed) offered 0 offers. If tapjoy or the iron source one offer offers there is still no way to cheat with it unless... no way! You say you've done nothing wrong, I know you wouldn't do anything wrong. The offers work on a different basis than the rest of the game, they vary based upon location, therefore a VPN... shouldn't work xD You say it does though, so it should have the same or similar offers to where you are even though you're working with a vpn, unless you're using a vpn that spoofs you. Not all do. If it shows an offer you've already completed and you try it again, you shouldnt get plat. At all. And probably a good thing you posted in forums so others can see, so long as we don't bring drama into it. Somehow. Btw how's retirement

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    265 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shocan View Post
    Aight, although it isn't allowed.... I guess, it shouldn't matter because I tested a VPN with offers and with fyber (this was when it still existed) offered 0 offers. If tapjoy or the iron source one offer offers there is still no way to cheat with it unless... no way! You say you've done nothing wrong, I know you wouldn't do anything wrong. The offers work on a different basis than the rest of the game, they vary based upon location, therefore a VPN... shouldn't work xD You say it does though, so it should have the same or similar offers to where you are even though you're working with a vpn, unless you're using a vpn that spoofs you. Not all do. If it shows an offer you've already completed and you try it again, you shouldnt get plat. At all. And probably a good thing you posted in forums so others can see, so long as we don't bring drama into it. Somehow. Btw how's retirement

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk
    Trying retirement? not really working? lol xD Im trying to limit myself :3. and I use Turbo VPN and sometimes betternet when Turbo ticks me ogg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DalleManden View Post
    What if some one uses VPN intentionally and then posts such a thread on forums as if it was unintentional?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shadowronn View Post
    What if some one uses VPN intentionally and then posts such a thread on forums as if it was unintentional?
    That thought has struck me too haha