Thread: STS Needs To Make This Game Known

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Default STS Needs To Make This Game Known

So back in the day in 2013, we were the #1 game on the app store. The developers were streaming, active with the community, actually seen in game. What happened?

STS stopped trying. This game is being drained for money right now. New players don’t want to sit there and grind to 71 for no purpose. They want to see what this game’s really about. The grind is ridiculous without a purpose for them to do it.

STS needs to start advertising this game again. Streaming, making youtube content. Delphina used to do it, and this game was alive! Now what? No content, don’t even see the game on the app store list. Nothing.

STS please strive to make this game alive again. Don’t drain jt for money anymore. It’s a great game and we love it. We want to see it pop off again.

Who’s with me on this?

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Ghuls For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Not all games stay number 1 forever, but I do agree with you. 2013-2016 were pretty good, I personally liked level 36 cap. There are a lot of things sts can do to fix the game but criticism isn’t allowed on forum. You do have a point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to THE GOLDEN KING For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

+1 for more coverage in social media etc.
    Buying adversitements for your own product is expensive though.

STS should;
    -invest in multiple social media managers (or whatever they're called), stream more and definitely hire new/old graphics designers back for the sweet gear designs we had in ~2013.

-maybe make the initial leveling a bit easier, lets say from lvl1 to 59 could be easier for the new players (mauso seems like too much If you have just hit 59 though)

-have more mini events where it's free to run (no energies, e.g farming a shuyal type of arena with no level limitations so everyone can play)

-add another ally with better rewards like XP kits

-improve on the item bundles you can buy from the store with plat

-add more "slag is now available for 250 plat for a limited time in Nordr" events

-continue the advancement kits all the way up to lvl70

-revive PvP, make a game mode without the problems of item awakenings

-increase the level required to open slots for pets to 16. So the old school twinks could have a more old school experience and the 16's could have fun too (More dmg -> More opportunities to counter it)

-have events where a mythic/Legendary egg(s) is farmable in a certain map. (i.e slag in jurn woods)(not eggzavier, you can farm him anywhere) this would make more people run older maps

-have it so you can put your name on a list where new players can see it and ask for help, this would have to be plat-accessed so people won't just use it for displaying their character for the masses. (50 plat for a 7 days lasting listing + you only appear on the list when you're online)
    This could be in all the lower towns, kind of like a big bulletin board, make it easily noticeable.

-Vaiy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

STS is definitely trying. You can tell by how many quality of life updates have been pushed over the past year or so. The issue isn't with the company itself, but rather the longevity of the game and what it has become.

Back then, the game was small and fresh. It really pushed the boundaries of mobile gaming and was honestly the best mobile MMO for quite a while (i believe it had won Massively's award in early 2013 and early 2014 for best mobile MMO of 2012 and 2013 iirc). It was the first MMO i've ever played and it drew me in. It was the spiritual successor to Pocket Legends, which in its time was astute in the mobile gaming industry.

Arcane Legends was the most fun ***for me*** for about a year or two until, as with every other game, i got tired of it. Every expansion linearly progressed the game forwards, but never really expanded on the prior content. In the early days, this wasn't an issue because "early content" was only a small chunk of the game. People were able to cap pretty quickly and were always able to find people to run with in almost every map along the way.

The turning point came when the core player base began to retire. Guidemakers, content-creators, and other community pillars slowly began to lose interest in the game, which grossly impacted the community -- which imo was/is still the strongest aspect of STS. The game kept growing forwards, bringing the loyal playerbase forward with it. But again, as these founders began to disappear, so did the endgame population that jumped from one cap to the next, and as the game grew bigger, it was harder for newer players to work up and take their place.

I would say AL is pretty well known for what it is. STS is a pretty small company, and what's kept me around for so long is the community and my love for the company. I've seen many times where it would have been easier for STS to just give up and do something else, but they have been very resilient and have stood by their convictions, despite all the negative feedback. AL has simply outlasted its development to cycle the core playerbase into populating the game in its later stages- due in part by early bad decisions on balanced game progression. Now, you are either at cap, one of the few grinding towards cap, or sitting on your level 41 character trying to find the will to grind towards cap.

Kudos to those who have been here since the beginning. You are among the few who have experienced everything, and can most accurately compare the past and the present.

A side note, and i want to make this very clear, AL is in no way a bad game. There are people who still enjoy this sacred jewel, and rightly so. AL has evolved a lot, and has had a lot of great updates that get people excited to play. But AL isn't as densely populated as it was in its early days. The loyal playerbase has grown smaller, and so has the community outside the game, which is why we don't see many content-creators or anyone actively and successfully promoting the game.

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zylx For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

I think one problem is that it is so hard to make gold at lower levels. When I started playing you could farm planar arena and actually loot vials and make gold that way. Now it’s been a very long time since I’ve looted a vial and I run arena a lot. I have a video of me on YouTube opening 333 chests with no vial. Another thing that should probably be a whole other thread itself... kraken mine 3.. before , even at low levels you could find a party , invest in a luck elixir and farm locked crates at km3. Save up enough gold to buy a leprechaun pendant, and boom , you are in business getting $$$ And pve kills in the process. Also let’s be honest who doesn’t love to see those fireworks go off when a chest drops?! That was the advise I used to give beginners to make gold. Now when they ask... I really don’t know what to tell them.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yeh For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

Store needs improving. Old stuff needs to be replaced with fresh new stuff. Some plat stuff you'd like to buy but set at a ridiculous high price like for example magna/victus runes, which puts you off tbh. If more people buy plat for things set at reasonable price I'm sure STS would make even more money.

I'd reawaken km3 with special chests that would have a chance to contain magna/victus runes/ankhs, mauso points, mauso badges, various currency, vials, arcane fossil/shard. Same for arena but buff arena to current level cap or more and give slightly better chance of loot.

Mauso points and badges need reducing, 55k points plus and a world of badges needed for newcomers is very daunting. I stopped at 35k. I started this game just before egg event. I farmed red eggs to get me to 35k points btw, but the badge requirements def need lowering as expansion is 2 seasons old.

P.S I can hardly find pugs running mauso 1-4. Everyone runs mauso 5-6 which I don't have access to due to not meeting point and badge requirement. How I'll get lightbearer and badges I'd never know. I hope what I say is not taken in a negative way by the devs. I'm speaking through a new player perspective.
    Last edited by Tuhguhbuhbuh; 08-08-2018 at 05:32 PM.

MAGE OF DEVIANT MISFITSKGKGKFK

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tuhguhbuhbuh For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

i agree with this

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Make AL great again!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

The game is a very very slow paced game to progress, so I assume that people quitting within minutes while realizing that nothing really has happened. Thus the reason why STS doesn't bother, as they might be only wasting money rather to invest in the game. (My opinion)

Advertisements are expensive, depending where to be seen. Advertisements are effective in a certain extent that is dependent to its product/service etc..

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

I said these so many times that I am tired.

A dev responded once saying they are afraid if they make gold making easy at lower level people will abuse it using multiple characters

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

One issue is changes that players want can't be implemented, apparently because "they aren't compatible with the engine." I'm sorry, but that just isn't a good enough excuse - many other games have the flexibility to make literally any change. At this point, the engine is just outdated if it can't do half the things that would improve the game. It was amazing in 2012/2013, and they could brag about it, but now it's just bad.

Implementing some of these suggestions would be a start: https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...More-Enjoyable
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45216&d=1383296273

Ign: frynoodles