Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ties during big events

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Default Ties during big events

So im sure you guys at sts are aware of people running event lbs only to get bored or tired or broke with a week left or a few days.. And they just end up doing a Tie. Its meant to be a top 10 LB for ppl goingr for the gold tier prizes.. Why is there 18 rogues who will get a Top 10 prize?? 8 Extra ppeople will be running around with a vanity and precise jewel.. And thats just one class. That doesnt even make sense. As a company you are losing income cos people stop and decided to get lazy and tie. This is also unfair to those who work really hard only to be messed up by others doing ties, then being threatend to stop running. There needs to be a way to solve this tie issue going on in the future... Its been happening for years.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MasterP For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    265 Posts

They should be top 10 of each class permanently regardless of ties, so if people end up tying, the tied people should be differentiated by who has done the most runs and killed most bosses imo, this is ridiculous lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    418 Posts

i find those ties a remarkable example of human kindness and coop, gz to all those 18 rogues!!!!

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PatD For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Eh, the ruling is clear. Tied runner should be rewarded accordingly. It's like a sport, really. Or law. Changing the rule is possible for future event. Past tied runner will not be mad, I think. They will just say, "It's good while it lasted."

Congrats to winners!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

cut it out! this is not the first event where people have made ties.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    418 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    Also a remarkable example of everything OP listed. GZ to devalued items and plat!
    on the opposite bro, if no ties, in the middle of event only 10 player will still run for top 10, with ties it give hope to other players, and as for items values, they are untradable, so why so selfish??

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    288 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PatD View Post
    on the opposite bro, if no ties, in the middle of event only 10 player will still run for top 10, with ties it give hope to other players, and as for items values, they are untradable, so why so selfish??
    lb at event is competition but not agreement, ties for nabs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    165 Posts

Top 10 is top 10, not 15/20.

First one to get the "tied" placement would get the reward of owning that number .

Pretty soon this is going to get exploited and changed, or wait..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Competition on this event was non existing, I remember having nearly double of points on some previous events compared to some top 10 players on this event and i was placed around 14-16 place. Some players rushed first 4-5 days during this event and just stopped because they were safe until the end due so many ties lol right !
    Last edited by flexible; 08-10-2018 at 11:27 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PatD View Post
    Is not selfish is unfair to those who runs 200k points all day n night n a 70k point ppl still gets wt he gets ..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

There should be a limitation to tie maybe 2 or 4 ppl max apart top 10 so the first to make tie secures the spot ..if the other person wants it so bad keep running till the event ends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

yes, agreed, there should be a cap on how many are given out.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    418 Posts

Very easy to fix then, next event get 10 players of each class who don't like ties and run lb!! :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostNoob View Post
    Top 10 is top 10, not 15/20.

First one to get the "tied" placement would get the reward of owning that number .

Pretty soon this is going to get exploited and changed, or wait..
    Agreed...
    Hopefully it will be the last
    Yes I hope so..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slaaayerrr View Post
    lb at event is competition but not agreement, ties for nabs
    Please elaborate on the "competition" part
    Event is about who has the most gold not about a competition, lets be real the person who has more gold has the upper hand on events.
    I ran 4 days straight with only 6 hours of sleep and got about 60k pts or so while someone in guild was at 30k pts running only dolls, in the end he farmed the whole event using dolls. please calculate 140k pts worth of dolls and you will see that there is no competition it is all about who has the most gold.
    if you do decide to do these calculations doll runs are 109 pts, in a party of 4 that is about 436 pts not including the bosses you get such as helena, ursoth etc
    lets say you run 50 dolls and you bought at 300k each that would cost 15m gold, you would have between 25k-27k pts depending on which boss you get. that guy who only ran dolls his final points was 140k so calculate yourself about how much gold he spent on that event before you come here and talk about competition

bear in mind dolls are only obtained when you stock from last year or if you have bought its not plat purchased, idk where that guy gets the energies in terms of plat or gold, all i know is that he spent ALOT, again its not a competition in these events it is who ever has the most gold
    Last edited by yofyo; 08-10-2018 at 10:23 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    165 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yofyo View Post
    Event is about who has the most gold not about a competition, lets be real the person who has more gold has the upper hand on events.
    I ran 4 days straight with only 6 hours of sleep and got about 60k pts or so while someone in guild was at 30k pts running only dolls, in the end he farmed the whole event using dolls. please calculate 140k pts worth of dolls and you will see that there is no competition it is all about who has the most gold.
    if you do decide to do these calculations doll runs are 109 pts, in a party of 4 that is about 436 pts not including the bosses you get such as helena, ursoth etc
    lets say you run 50 dolls and you bought at 300k each that would cost 15m gold, you would have between 25k-27k pts depending on which boss you get. that guy who only ran dolls his final points was 140k so calculate yourself about how much gold he spent on that event before you come here and talk about competition

bear in mind dolls are only obtained when you stock from last year or if you have bought its not plat purchased, idk where that guy gets the energies in terms of plat or gold, all i know is that he spent ALOT, again its not a competition in these events it is who ever has the most gold
    Someones triggered.

In your own opinion, i could safely say that even that situation would be considered a "competition" of who has more gold.

Also, dolls can be completely free, your not forced to hoard or buy from cs. Good luck looting as many as you said but my statements stand true.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostNoob View Post
    Someones triggered.

In your own opinion, i could safely say that even that situation would be considered a "competition" of who has more gold.

Also, dolls can be completely free, your not forced to hoard or buy from cs. Good luck looting as many as you said but my statements stand true.
    YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!
    I dont even know where to begin with this non sense of yours, seriously! just stop!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yofyo View Post

Now this is lol u cant complain in everything ..its a event ppl will run as they want .no one ever said u to not used dolls ..apart this the events are very competitive n is fun ..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shubham View Post
    Now this is lol u cant complain in everything ..its a event ppl will run as they want .no one ever said u to not used dolls ..apart this the events are very competitive n is fun ..
    you see me complaining?
    i am stating facts in terms of how this game is now a days

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

One thing I've learned over the years is you gotta spend gold to make gold.

I walked away with quite a few vanities(3 daggers b2b2b, yessir, even called them out, took clips will post if people want me to :3), many burn locks which are slowly going up in price due to the rarity of mireguard artifacts, quite a few Eggs and most of the runs I funded were from drops I received from the f2p-chests. This Elondrian event was probably my 3rd favourite nott just coz the loot but the people I connected with.

I saw quite a few people loot two vanities with just one doll, of course they were drier than the Saharan Desert after. One friend from guild even walked away with two vanity weapons from his first doll, which peturbed one of my friends who was running doll for a loss. So yes luck has a role to play in this, literally, people weren't using reroll, when they should've been.

You say its nott a competition because it's about gold? How many event Lbs have you run?
    Gold is only a small part of events, you require a support system in the form of friends/guildies, you require the gear and the skill to know what you're doing and most importantly you need time. Time is such a crucial factor for events. Of course these ties have made sure time is less of a factor than the other two.

Even if competitions were only about gold(which they are Nott), are we nott working hard for that gold? Do we nott spend time, energy and RL money(in some cases) to accumulate the gold to get our just LB rewards? Is it nott similiar to how Olympic athletes' spend their time, energy and capital to gain muscles, to gain skills that they then showcase at the podium? What would you have them do?

How would it sound like if someone was to walk up to Michael Phelps and say "No No No, this is unfair you should keep your muscles, genes and skills that you've honed over the past years out of the swimming pool before you dive in. This isn't fair to the others who lack the same genes as you or who haven't shown the same amount of dedication and motivation as you."?

Honestly?
    I dont know why it matters how many events i have run for lb, that is just irrelevant.
    but if you really think that it is a competition to run for top LB then i wish you luck on the next event.
    Events is easy as long as you have the funds to keep going in terms of supplying energy and what ever item gives you more points for advantage.
    you wont make it on top 10 by running on free energy you loot and running from free dolls thats just absurd
    Seems like some of you need a reality check