Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 2018-08-09 Content Update (257521)

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts

Default 2018-08-09 Content Update (257521)

+ The Shimmering Shores PvE Event is this weekend!
    + Open to individual players and groups of all levels.
    + Go through the portal to Shimmering Shores. Defeat skeletons and bosses to score points.
    + This is an individual player score event. Check your Avatar page and the Leaderboards to mark your progress.
    + Earn 15k for Bronze Tier. 25k for Silver. 35k for Gold Tier.
    + Access gold farming zones, discount Enchantments and special 'Zap' Vanity items from the prize vendor.
    + Wear the full 'Zap' Vanity item set for +50% run speed in towne and +15% Bonus Gold Loot!
    + Collect the 'Zap' Vanity weapons: Wand, Bow, Axe, Talon, Short sword, Long Sword, Dual Daggers.
    + Gold loot is now dropped in the world and must be picked-up by walking over it.
    + Plasma Pyramid gets its gold loot back.
    + Increased gold loot for all HYPER maps (Swamp, Street, Cave).
    + Also... fixed the look of 'My Winged Glory' Shield (gold purchase) and related item set issues.
    + And finally... Wyzamiro staff balance based on feedback: increased proc (minimum) damage by 15%, increased proc duration (now 5 sec.), increased maximum basic attack damage (+100), increased attack rate (+10%), reduced armor contribution (-50).
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TzatOps For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TzatOps View Post
    + The Shimmering Shores PvE Event is this weekend!
    + Open to individual players and groups of all levels.
    + Go through the portal to Shimmering Shores. Defeat skeletons and bosses to score points.
    + This is an individual player score event. Check your Avatar page and the Leaderboards to mark your progress.
    + Earn 15k for Bronze Tier. 25k for Silver. 35k for Gold Tier.
    + Access gold farming zones, discount Enchantments and special 'Zap' Vanity items from the prize vendor.
    + Wear the full 'Zap' Vanity item set for +50% run speed in towne and +15% Bonus Gold Loot!
    + Collect the 'Zap' Vanity weapons: Wand, Bow, Axe, Talon, Short sword, Long Sword, Dual Daggers.
    + Gold loot is now dropped in the world and must be picked-up by walking over it.
    + Plasma Pyramid gets its gold loot back.
    + Increased gold loot for all HYPER maps (Swamp, Street, Cave).
    + Also... fixed the look of 'My Winged Glory' Shield (gold purchase) and related item set issues.
    + And finally... Wyzamiro staff balance based on feedback: increased proc (minimum) damage by 15%, increased proc duration (now 5 sec.), increased maximum basic attack damage (+100), increased attack rate (+10%), reduced armor contribution (-50).
    Thanks! Any pics of the new gear?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Why did you guys change the way how gold drops? Please return how it used to be, its completely uncomfortable to farm now. Before you could run hella fast and kill everyone, now i have to slow down for collecting.
    Last edited by Flacs; 08-09-2018 at 11:40 AM.

5. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Flacs For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Please tell us the location of portal and event date. Please remove this gold dropping system from game.....if its necessary for this event please remove after the event complete....

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rayhan Ahmed Nobin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flacs View Post
    Why did you guys change the way how gold drops? Please return how it used to be, its completely uncomfortable to farm now. Before you could run hella fast and kill everyone, now i have to slow down for collecting.
    Yup pretty bad update.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G960F mit Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

Remove the new gold system. I've already stated why it doesn't help against bots and what alternative fixes would be better to use.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dolloway For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

This is insane you can put the gold drop in but not in the gold event...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G960F mit Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dolloway View Post
    Remove the new gold system. I've already stated why it doesn't help against bots and what alternative fixes would be better to use.
    It helps against bots as the efficiency is worse but not completely gone. Though i do agree that there is no real point in forcing us to pick up gold. People have suggested that the maps reset to different arrangement based on a RNG system.

Everything else seems perfect. Staff got a bit more tweaking, idk if anyone has tested the sword. If weapons are available in the vendor, i will for sure pick me up a staff for enchanting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mine AGK View Post
    It helps against bots as the efficiency is worse but not completely gone. Though i do agree that there is no real point in forcing us to pick up gold. People have suggested that the maps reset to different arrangement based on a RNG system.

Everything else seems perfect. Staff got a bit more tweaking, idk if anyone has tested the sword. If weapons are available in the vendor, i will for sure pick me up a staff for enchanting.
    This new gold system wouldn't help with bots as needed. The person who makes these bots could use more bots to fill the efficiency gap, and add new commands (e.g. move around the area after every 5 meters and at the end, they can run around the game) in order to pick up all the gold.

In the end, the best solution is that this game's developers find a way to remove this single player who's running these 6 bots -- not meddle with the current system to damage players the most while bots can still continue (as explained above). Lots of other game creators have found ways to stop botting activity -- STS should too easily.

14.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,166 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bats View Post
    find a way to remove this single player who's running these 6 bots
    Tell me more about this one player. Thanks.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

This new gold system wouldn't help with bots as needed. The person who makes these bots could use more bots to fill the efficiency gap, and add new commands (e.g. move around the area after every 5 meters and at the end, they can run around the game) in order to pick up all the gold.

In the end, the best solution is that this game's developers find a way to remove this single player who's running these 6 bots -- not meddle with the current system to damage players the most while bots can still continue (as explained above). Lots of other game creators have found ways to stop botting activity -- STS should too easily.
    It still effects efficiency regardless of how many bots running. I agree that its still not a significant impact but for the person(s) botting, it will require more work for them to be able to keep getting the amounts they were getting before. Yes, creating new scripts or another system that negates the fact that we have to pick up gold loot will be tedious for said person but doesnt stop them in the end. Exactly why i see no point in forcing people to pick up gold loot. .

I and others have suggest a RNG based system to where every map generates a random path to reach the end. Its so much harder to run a script when the map changes every single time and it isnt consistent. Its not easily "hacked" (i guess you could say) in order for bots to abuse farming gold.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts

A temporary fix for this could be to disable the picking up gold for the event, and reenabling it once it’s over. Because let’s be honest, the only people that farm maps purely for gold drops from mobs are bots anyway so it won’t be a big issue. Long term though, I think it would be a great idea to implement randomized maps every time a game is made. The one person that runs 6 bots has them all at level 86, I know some people have reported the bots and even sent emails to STS about them, but never received a reply. Would be nice to ban them along with all accounts linked to their devices in case they transferred gold to a different account
    I often ask myself, why am I so attractive?

17.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #13
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,166 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xyzther View Post
    I know some people have reported the bots and even sent emails to STS about them, but never received a reply.
    PM info to me. Thanks!
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    PM info to me. Thanks!
    There are two threads about bots on this forum (that are buried in this forum). And also, lots of emails were to sent to STS as lots of people claim -- so, maybe STS support representatives aren't doing their job

19.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #15
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,166 Posts

There are two threads about bots on this forum (that are buried in this forum). And also, lots of emails were to sent to STS as lots of people claim -- so, maybe STS support representatives aren't doing their job
    Maybe you could pass some info instead of shading STS folks. Sound cool?
    | | | |

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Maybe you could pass some info instead of shading STS folks. Sound cool?
    It's my opinion, and it wasn't a question. Sound OK?

And since I forgot you were multipurpose in providing these functions, I would be happy to do send some information by PMing you on the forums (seeing that I already submitted it to STS 3 weeks ago).
    Last edited by Bats; 08-10-2018 at 07:08 AM. Reason: Updated context

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

Yeah... I ran bow in blue 1 time and was annoyed picking up gold, team leaving people behind and dying because we have multiple piles to run around in circles to pick up...

For the staff, the armor seemed fine before, the dodge was a bit high for a 2h int weapon. But idk about that either, it's so hard to judge mage stats anymore, as I'm used to a low dodge with 2 to 1 Mana to health ratio. But it's now high dodge with way way way less Mana to health ratio. So idk...

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Name:  Screenshot_20180809-115215.jpg
Views: 942
Size:  90.2 KB

In regards to gold botters and picking up gold versus alternative solutions, when I suggested randomized maps as a deterrent, there was much support and agreement, which apparently is still the case with this approach. Please consider this as an alternative to picking up gold loot.

24.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #19
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,166 Posts

I investigated random dungeons and encountered a number of significant technical and production-related obstacles that prevent me from implementing this sort of solution in the short / mid-term. This idea is still on the table for the future but know that it will require much more than I can give to it right now.

Something to consider: I see parity in logic behind the argument that bots will not be affected by loot placement and apply that to the very limited number of layout combinations that can exist with the PL dungeon tile sets. Thus, even if I were to implement randomized layouts I would probably still keep the loot drop / pick up system to ensure the highest degree of difficulty for optimizing gold-farming bots.

Another issue is relative value of dungeons in a random suite. I assert that random dungeon variation requires length as an axis (in addition to layout) or the randomization set is too small. Arcane Legends, for instance, has random dungeon layouts with random lengths. If I used the same approach for gold-farming zones I would need to apply a variance in profitability that makes tier separations much more difficult and has the added down-side of providing much less gold to certain players based on their dungeon.

Thanks for giving this change the time it deserves (or at least half as much time as it took me to develop, implement and test).
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Last time the gold pick upnwas implemented it was removed within a few days because of the inconveniences it brought with. You can miss the drops, they can be simply overseen because of skill and combo effects, pulling mobs because current endgame maps require it, it slows down runs and seperates people so it messes up the 5kill for a mini boss spawn teamwork and so on. On top of that people already stated why it wont really affect bots and i agree with those.

**Important part here, if this is gonna stay is there anyway we can only have this for normal maps and exclude gold farms that come with event because we put effort to achieve it and with the amount we have to collect it gets too tedious.

And for the point system for this event since quests are awarded to every player who has succesfully landed a hit on a boss can we make it so that everyone who hits a mob is given the points. This way even if you try to leech you will have to move and hit some skills and those who put out most dmg wont have their kills stolen from them with one shot.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to x-fun For This Useful Post: