Thread: Talon Proc and Then Transition to Bow or Dagger

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Default Talon Proc and Then Transition to Bow or Dagger

Some players are abusing the talon proc. They wait for Talon proc to occur and then transition to bow or dagger depending on the class.

Bird waits for Talon Proc and then switches to Bow. See the firepit with talon proc on...
    Rhino waits for Talon Proc and then switches to dagger.
    Name:  Rhino Proc Talon dagger.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  91.7 KB
    Name:  Rhino Proc Talon dagger 2.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  90.3 KB
    Name:  Rhino Proc Talon dagger 3.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  90.1 KB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jensmage View Post
    Some players are abusing the talon proc. They wait for Talon proc to occur and then transition to bow or dagger depending on the class.

Bird waits for Talon Proc and then switches to Bow. See the firepit with talon proc on...
    Rhino waits for Talon Proc and then switches to dagger.
    Name:  Rhino Proc Talon dagger.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  91.7 KB
    Name:  Rhino Proc Talon dagger 2.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  90.3 KB
    Name:  Rhino Proc Talon dagger 3.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  90.1 KB
    I believe that's why we are all calling for the Nerf of Dex sets but since you made this post care to elaborate on what StS should do?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Actually when you think of the concept of this "exploit" you'd have to remember this might have been what StS intended to do. So far every set can be exploited together to make something devastating but nobody switched up their playstyles to figure this out. Such as L.71 when you spam EWT then switch to your main set, is that not a exploit that was intended to happen? I actually view this post meaningless because at the end of the day you can wand proc for pool then switch to staff at any given moments.
    Last edited by MageFFA; 08-15-2018 at 02:06 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MageFFA View Post
    Actually when you think of the concept of this "exploit" you'd have to remember this might have been what StS intended to do. So far every set can be exploited together to make something devastating but nobody switched up their playstyles to figure this out. Such as L.71 when you spam EWT then switch to your mains set, is that not a exploit that was intended to happen? I actually view this point meaningless because at the end of the day you can wand proc for pool then switch to staff at any given moments.
    Did they intend to allow players to use talon proc with 10k health+1k armor and then switch to bow or dagger?

You are saying that I should mana pool, enable ms, and then switch to staff. :P A players can push the mage away from the mana pool.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Did they intend to allow players to use talon proc with 10k health+1k armor and then switch to bow or dagger?

You are saying that I should mana pool, enable ms, and then switch to staff. :P A players can push the mage away from the mana pool.
    And at the same time you can ACTUALLY kite instead of run directly towards a player with 16K HP and a dagger.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

The only thing that should be changed is class specific weapons. Talon should be allowed use on all classes but mage. The dagger used on only bird/bear/mage. The bow only used on bird/bear/fox. That solves most of the OP class issues.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

And at the same time you can ACTUALLY kite instead of run directly towards a player with 16K HP and a dagger.
    How to kite when u are 1m away..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

How to kite when u are 1m away..
    I don't know Fire, ice storm, frost, you have plenty of Options to choose from.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I don't know Fire, ice storm, frost, you have plenty of Options to choose from.
    How to kite when bird with bow proc fire pit or dagger stun...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

How to kite when bird with bow proc fire pit or dagger stun...
    For starters birds should not be in dagger range to begin with and as for bow I can't answer that because it's TOO OP. Very op.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I believe that's why we are all calling for the Nerf of Dex sets but since you made this post care to elaborate on what StS should do?
    They have way more experience in the game function than I do. They just need to be aware.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Talon proc itself is annoying/ lame etc (how to call it) not even transition is annoying to me as talon proc itself.

Although the intention and work behind procs is quite beautiful and awesome from cinco, that should be definitely appreciated, nice work of making procs and also making them to buff / debuff significantly which was much needed IN A DIFFERENT WAY though (through buff / debuff skills) Those things quite nice which is made in a pretty unique way but the only problem is that in a competitive field, balance, skill etc are the most desired things where these procs doesn't fit well.

I don't think anything gonna happen about procs this cap, we have to wait until next cap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Waug View Post
    Talon proc itself is annoying/ lame etc (how to call it) not even transition is annoying to me as talon proc itself.

Although the intention and work behind procs is quite beautiful and awesome from cinco, that should be definitely appreciated, nice work of making procs and also making them to buff / debuff significantly which was much needed IN A DIFFERENT WAY though (through buff / debuff skills) Those things quite nice which is made in a pretty unique way but the only problem is that in a competitive field, balance, skill etc are the most desired things where these procs doesn't fit well.

I don't think anything gonna happen about procs this cap, we have to wait until next cap.
    Once again, if the talon is used by all classes, it can be annoying. This is why class based restrictions should be placed on certain weapons.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Yeah idek why waug is speaking on the matter , when he’s been using his bow mage since the discovery of the op bow proc lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iamxmayhem View Post
    Yeah idek why waug is speaking on the matter , when he’s been using his bow mage since the discovery of the op bow proc lol.
    Talon too, just seen him use it earlier. Kind of hypocritical.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Absolize View Post
    I think he is saying that dex sets indeed are overpowered, and more notably annoying. However, I just don't think he is above using those weapons.

I could b wrong, but my interpretation is that he wishes to use those dex sets so he doesn't feel like he is at a disadvantage, but still recognizes that they are op.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

100% understood , and understandable. But at the same time, he boasts in game getting kills with these “op” sets against players who stick to class specific gear lolz . Just ironic is all

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Absolize View Post
    100% understood , and understandable. But at the same time, he boasts in game getting kills with these “op” sets against players who stick to class specific gear lolz . Just ironic is all
    I'm honest and straight towards what's good and not good for game as always, You talk about irony, read and think twice about ur post. If I "boast" with "OP" gear and that's the purpose, why would I "complain" about that? There we go, irony is in ur statement. If someone enjoy using a "op" gear then they would like to protect it, no? In this case ur saying I love one "op" gear and I also want to get that "OP" gear nerfed. so what's the conclusion? Irony or honesty or something else?

I just made an analogy of ur statement, as for the real case, I'll explain that-

- I never complained about bow, did I? although as a whole I dislike procs.

- I use bow mage NOT talon mage in a 1-1 unless very rare cases someone exploiting something & talon proc is the thing I called "game breaking", "lame", "annoying" etc etc NOT bow.

- I use talon mage in a team play ffa WHEN it get necessary, in a opponent team when there's lots of tanking then don't expect us to use all 2h weapons, is that justified?
    Teamplay ffa always demand equilibrium, balance of tank and dmg dealers etc if something critical is not in equilibrium it doesn't take time to collapse even a good team, well if ya dont understand, I can help in those matter, not a biggi xD.

- I see lots of complain against bow mage from ya (general public complains about rhino though), yet there's hardly anyone out there, who can use it properly against all diff classes and all switched back to int after staff buff. Get any other bow mage that actually can kill a good dagger / bow / str set rhino, haven't seen other than someone named bhui, did I spelled his name right? xD guess so :P

Exploiting things with a rhino and using a squishy bow mage is a whole different thing, I think I'm totally successful when a rhino rage badly over a bow mage and says "dex mage is canc.." it's like mission accomplished. Not only that the way ya complaining over me, as a whole it's clearly showing the mission is accomplished, want truce rather than war now?
    Last edited by Waug; 08-17-2018 at 03:33 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Waug is speaking about it because he is honest. Players keep it quiet or support the weapon because they would like the weapon maintain the op. Players that are against the group will face retribution by some players in PVP. Reason players do not comment about the 5v5 CTF tourney is because they will face retribution or they play the game enough that they don't want issues.

Its a problem on forum when you have a group of players from the same guild supporting the thread. It doesnt reflect the truth. When you have multiple players from different guilds, it somewhat reflects the community.
    Last edited by Jensmage; 08-17-2018 at 01:13 PM.