Thread: PvP Event Suggestion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,047 Posts

Default PvP Event Suggestion

Here is a suggestion for how you could do a PvP event and making alt farming more time consuming and thus less worthwhile.

Pvp in the special event area only (no CTF, 7 kills per match like before)
    Must be at lvl cap to play. (Too much alt farming at lower lvls)

Pvp area has different tiers:
    - beginning tier
    - bronze/intermediate tier
    - silver/Advanced tier
    - gold/Championship tier

At start of event all players are in beginning tier. Once you get X kills you now can enter bronze tier. Bronze tier players only get matched against other bronze players. Once you get Y kills you can enter silver tier. Silver tier only plays against other silver tier players. Once you get Z kills you can enter gold tier. Gold tier players can only play other gold tier players.

Not sure what the number of kills for each tier should be. Maybe something like 20 kills to become bronze. 50 kills to become silver. 100 kills to become gold.

People would need to work a lot harder to farm alts this way. Not impossible to cheat but a lot more work and would take twice as long or more so hopefully not worth it

Matching might be slower but it would prevent the alts from making it to the silver and gold tiers.

It sucks when people farm alts and ruin pvp events, but you shouldn’t give up trying to make pvp events cuz of it. I haven’t done pvp in years but tried a bit for your first pvp guild event and had a lot of fun. So thank you.

DL IGNs: doomdoom, doomdoomdoom, littledoom, tinydoom
    Guild Master of Satan's Cheerleaders

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to doomdoomdoom For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Nice suggestion Doom, really very well thought out. Thanks.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Phosgore For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

These are good ideas Doom

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Keph For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by doomdoomdoom View Post
    Here is a suggestion for how you could do a PvP event and making alt farming more time consuming and thus less worthwhile.

Pvp in the special event area only (no CTF, 7 kills per match like before)
    Must be at lvl cap to play. (Too much alt farming at lower lvls)

Pvp area has different tiers:
    - beginning tier
    - bronze/intermediate tier
    - silver/Advanced tier
    - gold/Championship tier

At start of event all players are in beginning tier. Once you get X kills you now can enter bronze tier. Bronze tier players only get matched against other bronze players. Once you get Y kills you can enter silver tier. Silver tier only plays against other silver tier players. Once you get Z kills you can enter gold tier. Gold tier players can only play other gold tier players.

Not sure what the number of kills for each tier should be. Maybe something like 20 kills to become bronze. 50 kills to become silver. 100 kills to become gold.

People would need to work a lot harder to farm alts this way. Not impossible to cheat but a lot more work and would take twice as long or more so hopefully not worth it

Matching might be slower but it would prevent the alts from making it to the silver and gold tiers.

It sucks when people farm alts and ruin pvp events, but you shouldn’t give up trying to make pvp events cuz of it. I haven’t done pvp in years but tried a bit for your first pvp guild event and had a lot of fun. So thank you.
    It would be great if we get PVP events with some more add-ons such as

1.) If it is a 1v1 event-- After every match your hp and powers should be filled up completely it prevents the unfair killing becoz ((Suppose 2 people are in arena X and Y, here in first match X killed Y.. what is Y gonna do is run back to X and hit him with some kind of combo, to repel the effect of combo he needs to use some special kind of power [[eg. BLESS #1 Min regenration]]
    unfortunately X is gonna{{coz bless is not filled yet}} die and the same process is gonna repeat until the game ends and the result will come something like this 7-6 or 6-7 which is kind of unfair))
    SO THE POWERS AND THE HP SHOULD BE FILLED UP AFTER THE END OF EVERY-MATCH, THAT SEEMS TO BE FAIR.

2.) Shortning of the Map-- The very common thing i have seen while in vs with someone is after he/she is hit with some kind of combo he/she runs away in the complete map and takes HP again and again, which is really pain in the *** when we are in the vs , so it would be really appreciated if we get some kind of rectangular/square box or something where no running is possible and killing can be easy and time saving..

3.) No HP's -- I have already expalined the disadvantage of the HP's in Point #2.. No HP's are really required if after the ending of a match i.e when 1 of the 2 dies the match should be restarted with full HP's and Full Powers, So the true warrior may win.

4.) No Spot Holdings//Leaving the match -- What some people ((like in last event)) do is put an alt in spectator team and the alt waits for a guy/girl who is his/her guildie so that they can get easy kills. Now the problem here is the alt account is stuuborn asf he/she won't leave until he finds the desired guild mate so unfortunately you are the one who has to leave becoz from one account he/she is gonna farm and from his/her alt account he/she is gonna give free kills..
    TO AVOID THIS WHAT WE CAN DO IS GIVING THE AVATAR 5-10 SECONDS TO JOIN A TEAM OTHERWISE HE/SHE MUST BE BOOTED FROM THE ARENA AND HAVE TO ENTER THE DOOR BACK TO FIND THE OPPONENT.

THESE THINGS ARE REALLY WHAT WE NEED FOR A FAIR PVP 1v1 || 2v2 MATCH, BECOZ THAT'S WHAT WE DO IN DEATHMATCH'S... Rest Is Upto You Guys... I Hope A Lot Of Support, Let's See How Many Of You Agree
    THANKS AND REGARDS

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Faazepev For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Idk. The map seems cool for the events. Box is made for hybrids. I mean how is Boogiez supposed to get a kill if we cut the distance and take away the hearts??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astro1 View Post
    Idk. The map seems cool for the events. Box is made for hybrids. I mean how is Boogiez supposed to get a kill if we cut the distance and take away the hearts??
    no mate box is even good for nukes TBH nukes have too much advantage than Hybrid ones becoz the combo will hit for sure, my suggestion is to make the map short people act like noobs and run tooooooo much pisses me out+____+, so a box would save time as well and would reveal the true warrior by my guess
    Thanks for sharing your advice too.
    REGARDS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,047 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Faazepev View Post

1.) If it is a 1v1 event-- After every match your hp and powers should be filled up completely it prevents the unfair killing becoz ((Suppose 2 people are in arena X and Y, here in first match X killed Y.. what is Y gonna do is run back to X and hit him with some kind of combo, to repel the effect of combo he needs to use some special kind of power [[eg. BLESS #1 Min regenration]]
    unfortunately X is gonna{{coz bless is not filled yet}} die and the same process is gonna repeat until the game ends and the result will come something like this 7-6 or 6-7 which is kind of unfair))
    SO THE POWERS AND THE HP SHOULD BE FILLED UP AFTER THE END OF EVERY-MATCH, THAT SEEMS TO BE FAIR.

2.) Shortning of the Map-- The very common thing i have seen while in vs with someone is after he/she is hit with some kind of combo he/she runs away in the complete map and takes HP again and again, which is really pain in the *** when we are in the vs , so it would be really appreciated if we get some kind of rectangular/square box or something where no running is possible and killing can be easy and time saving..

3.) No HP's -- I have already expalined the disadvantage of the HP's in Point #2.. No HP's are really required if after the ending of a match i.e when 1 of the 2 dies the match should be restarted with full HP's and Full Powers, So the true warrior may win.

4.) No Spot Holdings//Leaving the match -- What some people ((like in last event)) do is put an alt in spectator team and the alt waits for a guy/girl who is his/her guildie so that they can get easy kills. Now the problem here is the alt account is stuuborn asf he/she won't leave until he finds the desired guild mate so unfortunately you are the one who has to leave becoz from one account he/she is gonna farm and from his/her alt account he/she is gonna give free kills..
    TO AVOID THIS WHAT WE CAN DO IS GIVING THE AVATAR 5-10 SECONDS TO JOIN A TEAM OTHERWISE HE/SHE MUST BE BOOTED FROM THE ARENA AND HAVE TO ENTER THE DOOR BACK TO FIND THE OPPONENT.

THESE THINGS ARE REALLY WHAT WE NEED FOR A FAIR PVP 1v1 || 2v2 MATCH, BECOZ THAT'S WHAT WE DO IN DEATHMATCH'S... Rest Is Upto You Guys... I Hope A Lot Of Support, Let's See How Many Of You Agree
    THANKS AND REGARDS
    I kind of liked the hearts personally. I really hadn’t pvped since lvl 21 and the hearts were the only thing that made it possible for me to get some kills.

But I definitely like the timeout during joining idea. 5 secs seems short, especially if they will be given a 1 death penalty. Maybe 10-20 secs?

On a related note... in the pvp guild event we often found two people in same guild against each other. If we killed each other, neither of us gained points for event. And if one of us left, we got penalized for leaving the match. Not sure how two of the same guild ended up against each other, but I saw it happen often. If pvp event is a guild event, we shouldn’t be put in a match with a person from same guild.
    Last edited by doomdoomdoom; 08-16-2018 at 01:29 PM.

DL IGNs: doomdoom, doomdoomdoom, littledoom, tinydoom
    Guild Master of Satan's Cheerleaders

12. The Following User Says Thank You to doomdoomdoom For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by doomdoomdoom View Post
    I kind of liked the hearts personally. I really hadn’t pvped since lvl 21 and the hearts were the only thing that made it possible for me to get some kills.

But I definitely like the timeout during joining idea. 5 secs seems short, especially if they will be given a 1 death penalty. Maybe 10-20 secs?

On a related note... in the pvp guild event we often found two people in same guild against each other. If we killed each other, neither of us gained points for event. And if one of us left, we got penalized for leaving the match. Not sure how two of the same guild ended up against each other, but I saw it happen often. If pvp event is a guild event, we shouldn’t be put in a match with a person from same guild.
    Agreed,
    Though let us get some more review on the heart thing and the shortning of map
    Thanks for the valuable review

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Faazepev For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

no mate box is even good for nukes TBH nukes have too much advantage than Hybrid ones becoz the combo will hit for sure, my suggestion is to make the map short people act like noobs and run tooooooo much pisses me out+____+, so a box would save time as well and would reveal the true warrior by my guess
    Thanks for sharing your advice too.
    REGARDS
    Ah I see what you're getting at. I say box is made for hybrids bec. it is very easy for a hybrid to rush in with bless forcing a bless response by the opponent....thus leading to the inevitable brim kill OR weapon combo kill. No way for kites to kite and run skills. Also very limited ways for any non brim opponent to hold the fire/bless at bay...unless they are a tank with fire and bless but still leads to an inevitable brim kill. I'm not saying it's impossible to do this with nuke...but it takes an enormous amount of skill to do this.

If the game had a better balance of powers i'd say the box idea would be great for all the reasons that you mention but as it is right now that would potentiate the bias towards hybrid wins. They have the inevitable brim combo at their disposal AND the weapon combo that a nuke has (two combos) so the likelihood of them getting a kill is far greater....not impossible for the nuke but definitely biased to the opponent who has more combos at her/his disposal.

Besides the BEST PART of that map is killing your opponent before they reach the heart! And gives you a chance to take a heart (preferably the one they were trying to go for while they died xD ) so you can have a fighting chance for when they respawn and come at you with bless. It's a skill map and takes a good deal of strategy, power, and use of skills to get the job done. I enjoyed it but was totally annoyed when they managed to prolong the match with a heart too. It just made me adapt my strategy and made my job much more interesting!

Thanks for the useful feedback.
    -Happy Playing

16. The Following User Says Thank You to astro1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Agreed

THANKS AND REGARDS
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk