Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tournament shields

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I guess the next few tourney winners will select Blue Tourney Shield also. Rip if 20 players selected 20 blue shields. That is the issue with having players be able to design their own shields. It is always better to have the community or STS designer select the design instead of the winners. Once the offer for updating the tourney shield is available to a single group, then others will want it too.
    Last edited by Jensmage; 08-17-2018 at 12:59 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jensmage View Post
    I guess the next few tourney winners will select Blue Tourney Shield also. Rip if 20 players selected 20 blue shields. That is the issue with having players be able to design their own shields. It is always better to have the community or STS designer select the design instead of the winners. Once the offer for updating the tourney shield is available to a single group, then others will want it too.
    I still don’t understand why you’re being hypocritical.. You recieved your tournament shield with a creme colored trim which was then changed to black/dark grey within two days. So yes, you’re right, others do want to update their tourney shield since you were the first to do it.
    Supergotenks
    ~Proud member of Unity

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SuperGotenks View Post
    I still don’t understand why you’re being hypocritical.. You recieved your tournament shield with a creme colored trim which was then changed to black/dark grey within two days. So yes, you’re right, others do want to update their tourney shield since you were the first to do it.

This is the email sent to Cinco. I didn't request the color. The community did by a few players. Search for the L71 tourney and read the thread. To be honest, owning a tourney shield and knowing that you won is what matters. Ill be glad to own any tourney shield as long as I won it.

I didn't ask my friends on forum to create a thread about updating the tourney shield.

From Draebatad"
    "Two weeks sounds perfect. And that shield, dope. (black edges match bd even better though) "

From me sent to Cinco.
    "Lots of players have commented about the 2018 Tourney Shield color and they believe that black edge instead of white will make the tourney shield look even better."
    Last edited by Jensmage; 08-17-2018 at 01:30 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

This is the email sent to Cinco. I didn't request the color. The community did by a few players. Search for the L71 tourney and read the thread. To be honest, owning a tourney shield and knowing that you won is what matters. Ill be glad to own any tourney shield as long as I won it.

I didn't ask my friends on forum to create a thread about updating the tourney shield.

From Draebatad"
    "Two weeks sounds perfect. And that shield, dope. (black edges match bd even better though) "

From me sent to Cinco.
    "Lots of players have commented about the 2018 Tourney Shield color and they believe that black edge instead of white will make the tourney shield look even better."
    And the truth shall set us free.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Absolize View Post
    And the truth shall set us free.
    The truth is that the community selected the design and not the winner.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Hi Jen,

a majority of the community has been saying that the winner's shield is not up to par compared to the participation shield that everyone recieved. In addition, I have multiple SS of people messaging me about how much of a let down the champion shield was. If the community thinks so, shouldn't Cinco listen to the suggestions we provide in order to improve its appearance?
    Last edited by SuperGotenks; 08-17-2018 at 02:55 PM.
    Supergotenks
    ~Proud member of Unity

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

The winners, who wear the shield proudly stating that we won a pvp tournament, should be able to have it how we like it so we would be pleased. You got to choose how your shield looks, everyone knows considering your previous post. :P So I feel we (considering we want to wear it forever) should get input on how it looks. We’re also part of the community, not saying we hate it.. ofc we are greatful for it. But we would like it to match vanities better considering i wanna rock it always anyway.
    Last edited by Absolize; 08-17-2018 at 03:01 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Hi Jen,

a majority of the community has been saying that the winner's shield is not up to par compared to the participation shield that everyone recieved. In addition, I have multiple SS of people messaging me about how much of a let down the champion shield was. If the community thinks so, shouldn't Cinco listen to the suggestions we provide in order to improve its appearance?
    Seems like players change their taste quick. LOL reminds me of Black Set Vanity. People use to think it was ugly and now players are requesting it for 250m/set.

From the 5v5 CTF thread.

"Very much appreciated cinco . The shields are beautiful" - Iamxmayhem

"Such beautiful shields" - FWEND

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

The lack of gratitude for the cleverly designed and unique first prize shield is shameful. Cinco designed that shield two months ago. It's done. You'll have to be happy with the way it is. If you want another design then go out and win more tournaments to get a shot at a design you might like. The 105 tourney shield is pretty sweet. Try to appreciate what you have and respect it for what it represents. Instead of crying to the person who was kind enough to even sponsor that messy tourney.

Name:  Screenshot_20180817-113303.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  273.8 KB

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Draebatad For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Maybe the 5v5 CTF Tourney Shield is to match the up coming cap/set/vanities...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Simple fact is the people who are fighting the redesign of the shield hate us, so they want to have us unhappy any way they can. We was just suggesting for it to stand out more and match better, and we are the shield owners. People who just want to irritate others shouldn’t be the judges.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Seems like players change their taste quick. LOL reminds me of Black Set Vanity. People use to think it was ugly and now players are requesting it for 250m/set.

From the 5v5 CTF thread.

"Very much appreciated cinco . The shields are beautiful" - Iamxmayhem

"Such beautiful shields" - FWEND
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolloway View Post
    I believe it's supposed to look like an old plank based on the design and I think brown would better suit a theme like that. However, there's nothing really brown to match the shield in game so that wouldn't look that great with other vanities either.

The peach/tan border is just totally left field and looks weird in my opinion. The shield itself is a tad better but is still a bit dull and lacks brightness like the first two red and blue shields.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buchmeister View Post
    To be honest, the tournament winners are in the complete right if they want to get their tournament shield re-designed. I wouldn't want to work so hard for something that's gonna sit in my stash because it doesn't match anything except the ever-popular "brick wall" armor.

Oh wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fwend View Post
    The participant's shield is a vibrant blue and white, very beautiful.

As a tournement winner Cold, what colour do you suggest Cinco change your winning shield to?

Maybe vibrant blue back ground? And white trim? To go with white lighting set.
    Due to the winners being dissatisfied and if suggestions are permitted, I think the border and the skull should be the same color (either bright white or black), and the steel look should be emphasized and shinier since it looks a little dull. I think the zap armor gives a nice bright shiny metallic look. Perhaps the shield can adopt something similar.

-IiRose

*Pretends not to see all posts saying how weird the shield looks like*

Also, Cinco released the design of your tournament shield before it was won. This gave time for the "community" (you and drae) to suggest the border to be black. The opinion of two people shouldn't reflect the whole community, yet your shield was still given the change you and Drae suggested.
    Last edited by SuperGotenks; 08-17-2018 at 03:58 PM.
    Supergotenks
    ~Proud member of Unity

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

*Pretends not to see all posts saying how weird the shield looks like*

Also, Cinco released the design of your tournament shield before it was won. This gave time for the "community" (you and drae) to suggest the border to be black. The opinion of two people shouldn't reflect the whole community, yet your shield was still given the change you and Drae suggested.
    LOL even Absolize and others suggested the edge to be black before the final L71 tourney match.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

From Draebatad"

From me sent to Cinco.
    True, black edges might match the black dragon set even better. I think the shield should be tradable because that will permit players to use it on their other acc with different character levels. If I win, its not for sale. :P I'm a collector.
    Quotes speak for themselves.
    Supergotenks
    ~Proud member of Unity

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Draebatad View Post
    The lack of gratitude for the cleverly designed and unique first prize shield is shameful. Cinco designed that shield two months ago. It's done. You'll have to be happy with the way it is. If you want another design then go out and win more tournaments to get a shot at a design you might like. The 105 tourney shield is pretty sweet. Try to appreciate what you have and respect it for what it represents. Instead of crying to the person who was kind enough to even sponsor that messy tourney.

Name:  Screenshot_20180817-113303.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  273.8 KB

Plus one for me. Once decided and commented on forum shouldn't be altered. Especially when the players have received the shields. Its like buying and returning because you don't like it after trying. This isn't like Costco where they have great return policy. Costco best....

I wonder if Cinco can update the WHITE TOURNEY Shields to be the Black Tourney Shield... That looks way better. :P
    Last edited by Jensmage; 08-17-2018 at 04:52 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts

Will if you see this ily and I miss you
    I often ask myself, why am I so attractive?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xyzther View Post
    Will if you see this ily and I miss you
    I bet you shop at Costco...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Plus one for me. Once decided and commented on forum shouldn't be altered. Especially when the players have received the shields. Its like buying and returning because you don't like it after trying. This isn't like Costco where they have great return policy. Costco best....

I wonder if Cinco can update the WHITE TOURNEY Shields to be the Black Tourney Shield... That looks way better. :P

Once commented on forum it shouldnt be changed, right? Oh wait...
    Supergotenks
    ~Proud member of Unity

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts

I bet you shop at Costco...
    No I bet YOU shop at costco
    I often ask myself, why am I so attractive?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xyzther View Post
    No I bet YOU shop at costco
    Please stop derailing this thread. Thank you
    Supergotenks
    ~Proud member of Unity