Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Preview - "The Skeleton Shrine" Group PVE Event! New DEATHKNIGHT Set!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Maybe have vanity discount -50 plat/vanity with players reaching 100k pts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jensmage View Post
    They should set it 1k,2.5k and 3.5k. Making it 15,25, and 35 will require work. We need gold farming for enchanting amulets.
    1k, 2.5k, 3.5k? smh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

I think the WL weapon should be revised to a REAL lightning bolt or something instead of that 5 headed lance thingy and add a lightning bow or something since there is now 2 black gold weapons and only one(being added) white lightning weapon. The community loves a varity of loot last event only 2 real things to farm which was fine and fun but gets a tad boring.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Draebatad View Post
    1k, 2.5k, 3.5k? smh.
    Was being sarcastic...smh
    Because the amount of gold farming, the tiers should be left as is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Collage and school started for most of us 100k is a bit high unless points are changed differently. 100k is like 20-24hrs of play time?

The few,The rouge- Apexed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    Looks cool, can't wait!

I like that Gold Tier is hard to hit, it should be -- otherwise there will be too much gold in circulation.
    This is true but some people are busy and dont have time to grind the event religiously, thats including me. Birthday weekend so ill be doing family things

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Muzzling View Post
    This is true but some people are busy and dont have time to grind the event religiously, thats including me. Birthday weekend so ill be doing family things
    That's the point, though. Gold tier should not be tailored to free-to-play customers who have busy weekends – it would require the purchasing of platinum to speed things up. This tactic is really quite simple and brilliant, in my opinion, and should be unchanged. I, for one, will definitely not be hitting 100k points. But all this ensures that: A) The hardcore grinders will achieve gold tier once again and 2) the players willing to spend plat will feel more enticed to purchase platinum. For games like PL to sustain, there can't be a level playing ground for both P2P and F2P players in terms of looting unique vanities or having access to different gold maps.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

That's the point, though. Gold tier should not be tailored to free-to-play customers who have busy weekends – it would require the purchasing of platinum to speed things up. This tactic is really quite simple and brilliant, in my opinion, and should be unchanged. I, for one, will definitely not be hitting 100k points. But all this ensures that: A) The hardcore grinders will achieve gold tier once again and 2) the players willing to spend plat will feel more enticed to purchase platinum. For games like PL to sustain, there can't be a level playing ground for both P2P and F2P players in terms of looting unique vanities or having access to different gold maps.
    I spent a good bit of platinum the last mad mages castle. Because I knew for sure I was going to be able to sell the rare vanities I was farming for lots of gold, farmed primarily by, free to play players. There is also discounted enchantments that could also entice people to purchase platinum for those op armors, shields, and weapons. And tradable versions of the vanities for this event to further the incentive.

But we also haven't even seen the format of the event yet. If we can get roughly 10k points an hour without the use of platinum, that's still a 10 hour grind. Then grinding the gold, even for those that purchased platinum to achieve gold tier, takes time as well.

We should definitely wait to see how fast the points accumulate before making any suggestions about if they should stay this, or be lowered to that.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

But there is a balance between catering to P2p and F2P players. In order to have a healthy player base and economy you need both. However the F2P player base will decline if these events are catered solely to those who pay to win, as this one most appears to be. I, and a good deal of my friends I have talked to in game, will not be participating in this event because of the insane point threshold.

I understand the need for exclusivity for gold tier. But that exclusivity comes at the cost of possibly alienating the largest portion of the pl community, the F2P players. I think that the 35k point threshold along with the myxx elixir was the perfect combination. Everyone had a chance to hit gold tier, and plat spenders had a exponentially higher chance of dropping the rare vanities. I do admit that if the points per hour is much higher, than I will be more inclined to participate. Guess we will have to wait and see.

Just my 2 cents though.
    Last edited by Faq; 08-23-2018 at 12:15 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

In any case, Cinco always checks the velocity on the first day and makes adjustments if he deems it necessary.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Draebatad View Post
    In any case, Cinco always checks the velocity on the first day and makes adjustments if he deems it necessary.
    I think it would be more enticing if we werent just getting weapons. Tbh id much rather see full lootable sets + 1 or 2 weapons to go with our current sets.

Also have a suggestion for the next Whight lightning weapon to be a reskin of the bonzo axe to match white lightning with a white axe head and bkue handle. Instead of purple smoke, surround the whole axe head in a ball of lightning.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mine AGK For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mine AGK View Post
    I think it would be more enticing if we werent just getting weapons. Tbh id much rather see full lootable sets + 1 or 2 weapons to go with our current sets.

Also have a suggestion for the next Whight lightning weapon to be a reskin of the bonzo axe to match white lightning with a white axe head and bkue handle. Instead of purple smoke, surround the whole axe head in a ball of lightning.
    That weapon sounds like it could be very cool, i would like to see it happen

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Idevour For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

The Death Night Vanity look so Evil, very well design.

Hope this time around the Myxx Loot vanity weapon's drop has rate has been increased since it won't return next event, it's frustrating spending abit amount of plat and never get lucky with any drop.
    Last edited by bglir; 08-23-2018 at 03:01 AM.

Git – Ssneakykills

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

I think 100k for gold-tier is fine. There needs to be a genuine reward for people who are willing to sit down and grind.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    The Skeletons are in retreat!
    Attachment 170485
    The Skeleton Shrine
    Myxx the Mad Mage has sent her army home to the underworld... to rest and recover in preparation for a renewed assault on Alterra.
    Little does she know that our realm's Legendary heroes are hot on their heels, ready to stomp their bony faces into the ash!

Event Timing
    The fun begins at 12am on Friday the 24th and runs 'til 11:59pm on Sunday the 26th.
    Winners have 48hrs immediately following the event to get the vanities, Enchantment discounts and gold loot.

Host / Join Support
    You'll be able to host a single-player or multi-player instance of the "Skeleton Shrine" directly!
    Content is balanced for 4 players in 'multi' (like 'Shimmering Shores') and for 1 player in 'single' (like original 'Mad Mage's Castle').

Group PVE / Personal Score Event
    This PVE event is a personal score event with full support for groups (like 'Shores')!
    All players in the event zone will get score credit for monsters killed within standard loot / experience range.

Victory Tiers
    Collect 25k points to unlock Bronze Tier. Get 75k points for Silver. 100k for Gold Tier.
    Winners get access to the new "Deathknight" vanity set, discounted Enchantments and gold-farming zones!

Myxx Loot
    This time around, Myxx has a chance to drop Amulets and three new vanity weapons:
    - The Black Gold Bow
    - The Golden Cobra Staff
    - The White Lightning Sword
    (all other Myxx loot has been removed)

Attachment 170484

Good luck to everyone!
    Just a suggestion, I think it would be better if the “Death Knight Vanity Set” has a skull effect for example like the (mimi ring). I think the color effect (dark purple) is fine but maybe just add skulls on the color effect because it would resemble a real like death knight.
    Last edited by Vlogs; 08-23-2018 at 02:02 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Btw, I forgot I have a question! Can we use lower level toons for this event or is there a specific level requirement to enter this event?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Can't wait for this event. 100k is going to be a challegenge but I'm up for it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    258 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vlogs View Post
    Btw, I forgot I have a question! Can we use lower level toons for this event or is there a specific level requirement to enter this event?
    Yes you can, the pve events are inclusive to all levels.

If you chose a lower level it might be easier to use the solo option. Cinco kindly scaled this option to be like farming the mad mage's castle.

Choosing the group option it is scaled to 4 party members , difficulty level similar to the shimmering shores event.

Unless you are lucky to join a group of kind higher levels that welcome you to join them, or host a locked map of your own with you having the highest level character in the party.

I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.
    -Helen Keller

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Thought after each event we fix the issues to make the next one better. Points got double to reduce time, solo mode got balanced for players who want it, points were awarded to all players in the area to make multi better, myxx elixir was added a while ago with demand, loot has been refreshed with demand and all has been going well so why did we feel the need to change the tresholds this time?when they have been working fine all this time and the amounts are just way too high in my opinion. I believe what Cinco always said is 'i want as many winners as possible' so with people having things to do and schools starting for some it just feels like an inconvenient and very unneeded change. To give you an idea about the time it would take i will use the data from the last group event. We organized guild runs with myxx elixir and stocked dmg+combo elixirs, remaking as soon as bosses are down to save most amount of time possible and even like that it took around 2mins for 350-400 points and if we use the 2mins for 350points as the base it would take solid 10 hours of efficient plat farming for 105k points. When you start reducing the plat spending, removing guild members and replacing them with randoms, and reducing combo amounts the time required keeps climbing.

In short i believe most issues of previous events if not all have been solved and the point change is unnecessary and limits are too high for what we aim with these cool little events.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Not everyone should reach gold-tier easily. It's how it should have been from the start IMO.