Thread: Participation boost? Or major turn off?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

Default Participation boost? Or major turn off?

Hi,

First, been loving the effort Cinco and the rest of the folks at STS have been putting into getting people interested in playing the game again with events and new vanities -- it's been fun.

Now I really enjoyed the last event, it took me maybe 8 hours of grinding with friends, and I managed to somehow fit it into my schedule. It was participatory. The grind, while not short, felt attainable. The rewards were lovely. It felt balanced. I really thought you folks nailed the balance between work and reward.

So imagine how disappointed I was to see the event this week; it has pretty cool looking loot, that I'm simply never going to have. I can't spend 72 hours grinding. I work, I live. I'm not even going to try.

Is everyone suddenly a hardcore gamer? I'm all for giving middle-high schoolers with endless time some better rewards for the grind (which I'm sure is bringing in lots of dough), but have you considered that some of us without that kind of time might also kick over some income just to be able to participate? I'd happily pay for a maxx run type event map. Even paying for myxx and golden skeletons, it would still take far more time than I have to spend this weekend. It's a game turn-off for me.

Just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by DanielRH; 08-24-2018 at 05:14 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DanielRH For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

I think the events shouldnt exceed 10hrs of in game time when it comes to a 72hr long event. Not to mentiom after being exhausted grinding the points needed, you now get the spoils like the gold farming map and enchant discounts. Its not fun to sit and run the same map for more then 10hrs just to get gold tier. As much as i appreciate the events that we are so graciously gifted with, it just needs a balance between real life and free time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Of course, there's no worries. Everyone is a hardcore gamer and they all pour money into Pocket Legends. You just have to buy those elixirs and spend ten hours each day.

Meanwhile, someone said that they were watching Netflix (of-course that post was deleted) while people were working so hard to just get onto the leader boards.
    Last edited by Bats; 08-24-2018 at 09:25 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    258 Posts

The first individual event where we had group farming at the shimmering shores was certainly successful. Cinco mentioned 400+ characters reached gold tier.

We had the added advantage of maximum 300% gold loot amulets and 15% gold loot from the gorgeous Zap sets. As a result many players became 100mill+ gold more wealthy after one event.

Instead of being pleased and thankful, people started to complain about the inflation of the PL economy.

This time around I understand why the threshold of the tiers have increased. To reduce the gold influx into the PL economy because of the bonus gold farming maps again.

We can rally and accept the challenge that has been set before us and try, make an effort and enjoy the experience. Or we can give up and not even try, not even appreciate the efforts that have been placed into this event.

Keep in mind the new Deathknight vanity set we can purchase as a reward for the Bronze tier of 25k points.

We all don't have to reach gold tier each time? The reward is a gold farming map and enchantment discounts. These rewards have been given to us in the past and will be offered to us for future events.
    Last edited by Fwend; 08-24-2018 at 10:59 AM.

I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.
    -Helen Keller

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fwend View Post
    The first individual event where we had group farming at the shimmering shores was certainly successful. Cinco mentioned 400+ characters reached gold tier.

We had the added advantage of maximum 300% gold loot amulets and 15% gold loot from the gorgeous Zap sets.
    As a result many players became 100mill+ more wealthy after one event.

Instead of being pleased and thankful, people started to complain about the inflation of the PL economy.

This time around I understand why the threshold of the tiers have increased. To reduce the gold influx into the PL economy because of the bonus gold farming maps again.

We can rally and accept the challenge that has been set before us and try, make an effort and enjoy the experience. Or we can give up and not even try, not even appreciate the efforts that have been placed into this event.

Keep in mind the new Deathknight vanity set we can purchase as a reward for the Bronze tier of 25k points.

We all don't have to reach gold tier each time? The reward is a gold farming map and enchantment discounts. These rewards have been given to us in the past and will be for future events.
    There are plenty of ways to combat gold influx. Charge more for sets from the vendor. Maybe even charge people 10-20m per piece for stashable but not tradable sets.

Now, in regards to the event thresholds. This time around 100k is a crazy amount for anyone that either missed last event or event people who still want to enchant and earn gold. Its easily 22hrs+ of actual playing time without plat. The concern for real life obligations is forgotten about with this point threshold.

Another thing that gets me, people complaining about influx of gold. Why? Its brought the economy back to life. Has allowed newer players to be able to buy their sets and other items they want. Its created an active economy again like 76/77 had. Im enjoying the influx.
    Last edited by Mine AGK; 08-24-2018 at 11:07 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

This event seems to be doing a good job in combating the gold influx.

Maybe all PVE events should be like this (for those hardcore grinders). And PL could maybe put together seasonal updates (e.g. Halloween events, vanities, etc.) & a decreased threshold in a PVE event that is seasonal as well (e.g. Halloween - farm suggestions as one said 'devil's pitchfork' from the mad mage). A once-in-a-while gold influx orientated around seasonal events is something that would seem reasonable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

If nothing else, just shoot for 25k, bronze tier offers the new set at least.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

As someone that never fell for the "bad is good" "good is square" pushed by pop culture, I've no desire for the new vanity set.

I do however have a desire for discount enchantments. But I'm not even going to try at this point. I'd rather go see a movie or something.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jilsponie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Daniel, I'd say major turnoff. With much love and respect for our PL God, this event was wayyyyy over the top with the points required to achieve gold tier. 15/25/35k worked for most people. But 25/75/100k basically screwed most of us. I loved how it was before. There was life balance. Wasn't that our focus all along? Respect for people's time/health/personal life? The event tiers should return to the prior requirements. Otherwise, personally, if the next event is so demanding, I am out. I won't run or buy/spend plat on it. Again, no disrespect. Just honest feedback.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Draebatad For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I agree completely with draebatad. After hitting gold tier I was totally burnt, no one should spend 15-25hrs of a weekend tryna hit gold tier, looking at a phone that amount of time really was depressing. Grinding 7+hours straight on the final day was harsh and after I got done my eyesight was blurry.im not one to complain but it’s the wrong time of the year to try such a drastic point increase.younger audience has school, parents try to enjoy their weekends with their children cus weekdays after school the children are completely burnt. Not everyone will agree cus they have different lifestyles but that being said I mean no disrespect I love pl and in it for the long run

-crybabyalert

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Crybabyalert For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Draebatad View Post
    Daniel, I'd say major turnoff. With much love and respect for our PL God, this event was wayyyyy over the top with the points required to achieve gold tier. 15/25/35k worked for most people. But 25/75/100k basically screwed most of us. I loved how it was before. There was life balance. Wasn't that our focus all along? Respect for people's time/health/personal life? The event tiers should return to the prior requirements. Otherwise, personally, if the next event is so demanding, I am out. I won't run or buy/spend plat on it. Again, no disrespect. Just honest feedback.
    And you even need to pick up the Gold and the gold event only stays for 2 days...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G960F mit Tapatalk

16. The Following User Says Thank You to xzLegendszx For This Useful Post: