Thread: Participation boost? Or major turn off?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fwend View Post
    The first individual event where we had group farming at the shimmering shores was certainly successful. Cinco mentioned 400+ characters reached gold tier.

We had the added advantage of maximum 300% gold loot amulets and 15% gold loot from the gorgeous Zap sets.
    As a result many players became 100mill+ more wealthy after one event.

Instead of being pleased and thankful, people started to complain about the inflation of the PL economy.

This time around I understand why the threshold of the tiers have increased. To reduce the gold influx into the PL economy because of the bonus gold farming maps again.

We can rally and accept the challenge that has been set before us and try, make an effort and enjoy the experience. Or we can give up and not even try, not even appreciate the efforts that have been placed into this event.

Keep in mind the new Deathknight vanity set we can purchase as a reward for the Bronze tier of 25k points.

We all don't have to reach gold tier each time? The reward is a gold farming map and enchantment discounts. These rewards have been given to us in the past and will be for future events.
    There are plenty of ways to combat gold influx. Charge more for sets from the vendor. Maybe even charge people 10-20m per piece for stashable but not tradable sets.

Now, in regards to the event thresholds. This time around 100k is a crazy amount for anyone that either missed last event or event people who still want to enchant and earn gold. Its easily 22hrs+ of actual playing time without plat. The concern for real life obligations is forgotten about with this point threshold.

Another thing that gets me, people complaining about influx of gold. Why? Its brought the economy back to life. Has allowed newer players to be able to buy their sets and other items they want. Its created an active economy again like 76/77 had. Im enjoying the influx.
    Last edited by Mine AGK; 08-24-2018 at 11:07 AM.