Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

Default Upcoming 3v3 Honor Tournament Information

Click this link and signup there:

https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...-(Lvl-100-105)
    Last edited by Dolloway; 09-02-2018 at 03:50 PM.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Dolloway For This Useful Post:

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

You're going to do an awesome job hosting, Dollo. Really excited for this one.

I am unsure at this time about team compositions. Some compositions are more lethal for CTF scenarios rather than FFA, that's for sure.

Depending on the rules you implement, having a sub is a great thing I believe. People often complain about OP team compositions, and once their team is locked in, they can't adjust. There might be an extra element of strategy by allowing teams to have a sub (of any class to their choice), providing more flexibility upon match time if needed.

I think best 2 out of 3 is plenty, but very indifferent if it's 3 out of 5.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

I believe 3/5 games is a good number. I also believe Rhinos and foxes should be allowed with great consideration. Rhinos in particular are very strong with both a mage and bear combination, so it would complicate things too much. As for foxes, I think they really shine in Honor. They play how they were supposed to be played.

-IiRose

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

We tend to play at varying times due to our vastly different timezones. If you put a torch in CS for 1.5m, i will buy it so you have some gold-incentive as a prize. Just list it for 23 hours and let me know what toon it was listed on and i will buy it at some point :]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burntoutdex View Post
    We tend to play at varying times due to our vastly different timezones. If you put a torch in CS for 1.5m, i will buy it so you have some gold-incentive as a prize. Just list it for 23 hours and let me know what toon it was listed on and i will buy it at some point :]
    Wrong thread.
    Happy Holidays!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Irishcow View Post
    Wrong thread.
    lol how is it the wrong thread? He’s saying he will donate 1.5m to the tourney
    I often ask myself, why am I so attractive?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Irishcow View Post
    Wrong thread.
    how so?

/11

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burntoutdex View Post
    how so?

/11
    I'm not the smartest.
    Happy Holidays!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    258 Posts

In attempts to make it a more even playing field perhaps the classic team of:

Mage
    Bird
    Bear

And have the option to use a rhino for mage class, and fox for bird class?

Having 2 healers in a team is a huge advantage.

I know you will be the best most fair and firm host, I wish this tourney well, and hopefully less drama than the others have been.

I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.
    -Helen Keller

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Id like to see no rhino or fox in this tournament personally.

Rhino is too tanky to be on the same team as a bear and putting rhino and mage on the same team would also make it uneven.

Fox i don't see much of an issue they deal similar damage and about the same armor/health as a bird. But rhino mains would cry if fox was included and rhino wasn't

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

I have a team in the works

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Idevour View Post
    Id like to see no rhino or fox in this tournament personally.

Rhino is too tanky to be on the same team as a bear and putting rhino and mage on the same team would also make it uneven.

Fox i don't see much of an issue they deal similar damage and about the same armor/health as a bird. But rhino mains would cry if fox was included and rhino wasn't
    I agree. Og classes only is the best approach IMHO.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Rhinos shouldn’t be allowed. They aren’t even on PL website cover page.
    Last edited by Jensmage; 08-28-2018 at 07:37 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

2 of 3 sounds sufficient, but 3 of 5 would be cool too. I'd agree with previous comments suggesting traditional bear, bird, and mage teams. 2 healer teams and 2 tank teams would have a huge advantage.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

Anyone who needs a foxy boy, just let me know.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Since this is the very first Arena of Honor Tournament, I think we should start it off by keeping things classic and having teams consist of only a bear/bird/mage. I don’t like the idea of a team having two tanks/two healers, so I believe Rhino’s should be excluded, but also Foxes.

Teams should be allowed one sub that fall within the bear/bird/mage category.

I would say teams would need 2/3 wins to advance to the next round, but 3/5 may also work.
    Last edited by Nihiliste; 08-29-2018 at 10:37 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Best of 3/5 would give opposing teams a better chance to get into their groove versus each other. Might be a little more fun? Just my thoughts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

Thanks for the feedback everyone

So far, here are my thoughts:

The community seems to strongly want a tourney consisting of the three original classes (bear, bird, mage) with the exclusion of rhinos and foxes based on the replies posted in this thread as well as the private messages people have sent me. Since the community feels so strongly about this, I will go ahead and confirm that rhinos and foxes will not be allowed to participate in this tourney. I am usually one who advocates for the inclusion of all classes, but after witnessing the past few endgame tournaments allowing rhinos and foxes to participate only for their inclusion to create ripples within the community, I think it's fair to go back to our roots and have a classic tournament consisting of the three original classes this time.

I am also leaning towards best of 3/5 matches based on the replies in this thread. As Drae expressed, more matches provides teams with a better chance to get into a groove and learn how to combat the opposing team. Consistency is very important, which is why I was leaning towards best of 3/5 before stating my thoughts in this thread but wanted to see how others felt. In addition to this, matches are usually short so it shouldn't take too long to complete.

As far as subs go, there haven't been many players who've expressed their opinion on this idea. I think the addition of subs could bring back an element of strategy and surprise that we haven't seen in years. Furthermore, the allowance of subs could make coordinating matches much easier. If one player is very busy one week, teams could sub in another player of the same class and be more flexible with scheduling their matches. As we saw in the previous tournament, scheduling matches was difficult for some teams because of the sheer amount of players involved in a single match (10) and the wildly different time zones.

Which brings me to my next thought: based on the feedback collected from the previous tournament, I think it might be a good idea to make it a requirement for teams to have time zones within 5 hours of one another. This means that if Dolloway, Cinco and Justg are on the same team and Dolloway has a current time of 2am and Cinco has a current time of 1am, then Justg must have a current time of no earlier than 9pm and no later than 6am. This makes it so that players that live on the other side of the planet from one another cannot form a team when one player has a time of 12am and another 12pm. Unfortunately, this was a reality in the last tournament and caused an abundant number of problems.

Let me know what you all think!

I will also be heavily advertising this tournament in game starting tomorrow by notifying players in town that may not know about it as well as individual players in private messages. If you have any friends that may be interested in joining, do not hesitate to reach out to them. As I stated in my original post though, signups are 'first come, first serve' which I believe is the most fair and reasonable way of going about this, henceforth I listed a date and time when I will be posting the signup thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Cinco has said that, "the talon will auto-move you into range starting at 16m but activates at 13", so it's technically not a 16 range for the weapon itself.

I do agree, as per the usual forum etiquette, that feedback about anything outside of this tournament should probably have its own thread, just to keep this one tidy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolloway View Post
    Thanks for the feedback everyone

So far, here are my thoughts:

The community seems to strongly want a tourney consisting of the three original classes (bear, bird, mage) with the exclusion of rhinos and foxes based on the replies posted in this thread as well as the private messages people have sent me. Since the community feels so strongly about this, I will go ahead and confirm that rhinos and foxes will not be allowed to participate in this tourney. [..]

I am also leaning towards best of 3/5 matches based on the replies in this thread. As Drae expressed, more matches provides teams with a better chance to get into a groove and learn how to combat the opposing team. Consistency is very important, which is why I was leaning towards best of 3/5 before stating my thoughts in this thread but wanted to see how others felt. In addition to this, matches are usually short so it shouldn't take too long to complete.

As far as subs go, there haven't been many players who've expressed their opinion on this idea. I think the addition of subs could bring back an element of strategy and surprise that we haven't seen in years. Furthermore, the allowance of subs could make coordinating matches much easier. [..]

Which brings me to my next thought: based on the feedback collected from the previous tournament, I think it might be a good idea to make it a requirement for teams to have time zones within 5 hours of one another. [..]

Let me know what you all think!
    I completely agree with everything there. I also think that subs should be allowed, it's a really good idea to have that option available, to keep this tournament moving forward regardless if someone is available or not, offering less chance for delays due to scheduling.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

@Dolloway, is that torch in the CS?