Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Upcoming 3v3 Honor Tournament Information

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dolloway View Post
    I checked and didn't have a torch and can't remember the exact map to farm one. I listed a Red Antenna on Dolloway for 1.5m. Hopefully you can purchase that. If not, I'll try asking around for a torch tomorrow lol.

Regardless, thank you for your donation and support
    Bought! will cherish them forever

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

I take it no one has ever noticed how broken ranges are in honor arena. It has yet to be fixed.

Best 3-5 of wiuld be best because honor arena is twink pvp for L100+.

So no participation shield because people didnt compete all the way through? That wasnt the issue at all last tourney. It was rule changes that created biased and drama, not participation shields.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

I’ll be in it just for the fun no worries of whether there is a participation shield or bow. Would be nice to have though if people made it so far as like 3rd round

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mine AGK View Post
    I take it no one has ever noticed how broken ranges are in honor arena. It has yet to be fixed.

So no participation shield because people didnt compete all the way through? That wasnt the issue at all last tourney. It was rule changes that created biased and drama, not participation shields.
    Do you complain about everything? Jesus christ. Just stop right there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

If subs are included, I believe having close time zones with other teammates should be excluded as it is only 3v3, and thus why subs exist. Though I don’t mind, just putting my thoughts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nihiliste View Post
    Do you complain about everything? Jesus christ. Just stop right there.
    Seems people seem to forget that ranges ARE broken in honor arena. Bears are still too tanky.

Im pointing out the facts of why there was drama in the 5v5 ctf tourney, that wasnt because of participation shields nor did people just join for them. A few teams played and then couldnt play another match, they didnt withdraw or forfeit. The drama was caused by biased and rule changes in both 2nd round and semi finals. 1 of which was done behind closed doors.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

Seems people seem to forget that ranges ARE broken in honor arena. Bears are still too tanky.

Im pointing out the facts of why there was drama in the 5v5 ctf tourney, that wasnt because of participation shields nor did people just join for them. A few teams played and then couldnt play another match, they didnt withdraw or forfeit. The drama was caused by biased and rule changes in both 2nd round and semi finals. 1 of which was done behind closed doors.
    Range is good in honor arena. It's the fact you don't have a huge stat advantage over the people you bully in forest fight that is getting you nuked. You've always used 12m skills at 10-11m and 8m skills at 6m.

I can beat bears easily with either bird or mage, all the stats there are fair and balanced.

But let me guess, when the entire community was able to suggest balance for honor arena, we we're ALL wrong?

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jilsponie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jilsponie View Post
    Range is good in honor arena. It's the fact you don't have a huge stat advantage over the people you bully in forest fight that is getting you nuked. You've always used 12m skills at 10-11m and 8m skills at 6m.

I can beat bears easily with either bird or mage, all the stats there are fair and balanced.

But let me guess, when the entire community was able to suggest balance for honor arena, we we're ALL wrong?

Several people have noticed range glitches. More so with talon then anything else. The problem is with bears being super tanky in specifically honor arena because of its buffs it. It can take on 3 people at once and still take a while to kill while everyone else is buffed aswell. Several people have talked about bear still being too tanky in solo and team play. Try again jil.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

Several people have noticed range glitches. More so with talon then anything else. The problem is with bears being super tanky in specifically honor arena because of its buffs it. It can take on 3 people at once and still take a while to kill while everyone else is buffed aswell. Several people have talked about bear still being too tanky in solo and team play. Try again jil.
    Trying is really all you need to do... My bird vs a bear 8-3. Wasn't too tanky at all. Knowing your ranges, and using them is the key to honor arena. I know, you're used to spamming with op stats to win, but honor arena doesn't have enchantments sorry.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

You know there is actually a range changing mechanic that was implemented to counter kiting. right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Wanna create another thread about broken range in Honor Arena instead of posting it here and flooding the thread?

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jensmage View Post
    Wanna create another thread about broken range in Honor Arena instead of posting it here and flooding the thread?
    Once this man gets on a roll, he won't want to stop

14. The Following User Says Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

You’re literally the first and only person to complain about the lack of participation rewards for this tournament. It’s obnoxious. Go make another thread about whatever issue you think there is, but quit derailing this one.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Nihiliste For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burntoutdex View Post
    You know there is actually a range changing mechanic that was implemented to counter kiting. right?
    So yeah, 16 range is a new range mechanic? Coolio, might aswell add back that speed buff from samhain back into pvp then

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Cinco has said that, "the talon will auto-move you into range starting at 16m but activates at 13", so it's technically not a 16 range for the weapon itself.

I do agree, as per the usual forum etiquette, that feedback about anything outside of this tournament should probably have its own thread, just to keep this one tidy.

Thanks for the feedback everyone

So far, here are my thoughts:

The community seems to strongly want a tourney consisting of the three original classes (bear, bird, mage) with the exclusion of rhinos and foxes based on the replies posted in this thread as well as the private messages people have sent me. Since the community feels so strongly about this, I will go ahead and confirm that rhinos and foxes will not be allowed to participate in this tourney. [..]

I am also leaning towards best of 3/5 matches based on the replies in this thread. As Drae expressed, more matches provides teams with a better chance to get into a groove and learn how to combat the opposing team. Consistency is very important, which is why I was leaning towards best of 3/5 before stating my thoughts in this thread but wanted to see how others felt. In addition to this, matches are usually short so it shouldn't take too long to complete.

As far as subs go, there haven't been many players who've expressed their opinion on this idea. I think the addition of subs could bring back an element of strategy and surprise that we haven't seen in years. Furthermore, the allowance of subs could make coordinating matches much easier. [..]

Which brings me to my next thought: based on the feedback collected from the previous tournament, I think it might be a good idea to make it a requirement for teams to have time zones within 5 hours of one another. [..]

Let me know what you all think!
    I completely agree with everything there. I also think that subs should be allowed, it's a really good idea to have that option available, to keep this tournament moving forward regardless if someone is available or not, offering less chance for delays due to scheduling.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Avengers assemble!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to 3pc For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Cinco has said that, "the talon will auto-move you into range starting at 16m but activates at 13", so it's technically not a 16 range for the weapon itself.

Thanks for the feedback everyone

So far, here are my thoughts:

The community seems to strongly want a tourney consisting of the three original classes (bear, bird, mage) with the exclusion of rhinos and foxes based on the replies posted in this thread as well as the private messages people have sent me. Since the community feels so strongly about this, I will go ahead and confirm that rhinos and foxes will not be allowed to participate in this tourney. [..]

I am also leaning towards best of 3/5 matches based on the replies in this thread. As Drae expressed, more matches provides teams with a better chance to get into a groove and learn how to combat the opposing team. Consistency is very important, which is why I was leaning towards best of 3/5 before stating my thoughts in this thread but wanted to see how others felt. In addition to this, matches are usually short so it shouldn't take too long to complete.

As far as subs go, there haven't been many players who've expressed their opinion on this idea. I think the addition of subs could bring back an element of strategy and surprise that we haven't seen in years. Furthermore, the allowance of subs could make coordinating matches much easier. [..]

Which brings me to my next thought: based on the feedback collected from the previous tournament, I think it might be a good idea to make it a requirement for teams to have time zones within 5 hours of one another. [..]

Let me know what you all think!
    I completely agree with everything there. I also think that subs should be allowed, it's a really good idea to have that option available, to keep this tournament moving forward regardless if someone is available or not, offering less chance for delays due to scheduling.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Cool ive got a team!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Team apex
    Archer- Cold
    Bear -Swift