Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Perhaps it is time to introduce temporary play bans

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Default Perhaps it is time to introduce temporary play bans

I have noticed an increase in the amount of players ruining raids by leaving the map early. This not only wastes their time but also mine and you know what they say - time is gold.

I believe most "quitters" are under the impression that you need a strong party in order to succeed on a raid but this is just not true. Some will quit because you don't have a good enough pet, others because there are two warriors which is just ridiculous and petty.

My suggestion is to track the amount of times someone starts a raid and then leaves. If they do it too often then they are temporarily banned from raids for a short amount of time (12 hours should teach them the error of their ways).

Just an idea. All feedback appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    165 Posts

Just as you said "time is money", so i assume they want the highest damage possible on the whole team to speed up their runs.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

I understand their reasoning but it is flawed. Raids have never been easier. All you need is fenris and the hydra is about as hard as soggy paper (I've even done it solo a few times when everyone left)

The amount of time these "quitters" waste joining and leaving - they would be quicker just doing the run.

If you want speed runs then by all means form your own "pro" party. Wasting other people's time is not on and should be punished.
    Last edited by macgreaze; 08-29-2018 at 01:31 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Nah fam i have an even better idea
    Ban peeps for standing near You.
    You BEING the ultimate pro that u are u cant afford noobs stealing ur shine
    No shine=no money=no rogues interested in You and possible your money
    But it doesn't matter at least u are getting girls? Am I right? :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by macgreaze View Post
    If you want speed runs then by all means form your own "pro" party.
    I think you have the solution there. Doesn't have to be pro though, just make a party and problem solved.
    Retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    265 Posts

here we go again...

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

"Make your own party" seems to be the only solution just now but I am suggesting we take a different approach.

Why should we have to create our own parties just to avoid elitist snobs who refuse to run with us because we don't have Nekro? A temporary play ban would solve this problem.

I play a lot of chess online. Lots of people used to abort games at the start because they didnt want to play black or disliked their opponents rating. This problem was solved by introducing play bans. I think it's a great idea.

Thank you for your feedback. I think if enough of us request this then it might be implemented.
    Last edited by macgreaze; 08-29-2018 at 02:13 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by macgreaze View Post
    "Make your own party" seems to be the only solution just now but I am suggesting we take a different approach.

Why should we have to create our own parties just to avoid elitist snobs who refuse to run with us because we don't have Nekro? A temporary play ban would solve this problem.

I play a lot of chess online. Lots of people used to abort games at the start because they didnt want to play black or disliked their opponents rating. This problem was solved by introducing play bans. I think it's a great idea.

Thank you for your feedback. I think if enough of us request this then it might be implemented.
    I'll just agree with you. There should also be a solution for the random leechers that join in maps. You know, those guys who just keep distance and not fight that boss... the players on a map should be able to vote to kick the leecher out of map. With 3 votes the Leecher gets kicked out and banned from game for 69 minutes.
    Retired

9. The Following User Says Thank You to arcanefid For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

It's time for me to slot stuff into cerella...

Star light, star bright...

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by arcanefid View Post
    I'll just agree with you. There should also be a solution for the random leechers that join in maps. You know, those guys who just keep distance and not fight that boss... the players on a map should be able to vote to kick the leecher out of map. With 3 votes the Leecher gets kicked out and banned from game for 69 minutes.
    Leeching is rare. It's mainly low levels trying to sneak their way into ESG hoping us pros will carry them.

I think a fair solution would be to give them a chance to prove themselves.

Once votes are cast to kick said leech out a prompt could come up on screen saying "prove your worth, start tapping now"
    Then the nab has to tap the screen really fast to fill a bar before the others do.

If he is successful he gets to stay. If he fails then he is banned for 69 minutes.

Really good ideas guys. Keep suggestions coming.
    Last edited by macgreaze; 08-29-2018 at 10:58 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

You’re not referring to those players who keep joining a map, seeing a certain individual, trigger boss then leave, are you? If I may make a suggestion, STOP INSULTING THEM!! Maybe, just maybe, if you self-proclaimed pro aren’t such an *** to others, they’ll actually run with you!! Btw, sup pro, it’s Gator!!!!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Hi Gator.. Yes it's exactly those players I am on about. I don't know what their problem is tbh. Maybe they just like time wasting.

Have you encountered them as well?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

You want to ban players who quit in the middle of a pve run?
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,062 Posts

The issue with this is, there are people out there who have a limit on time, so if they join a map and realize they have to go offline for a reason but they will be afraid they will be banned for going offline so then less people will run maps. What I suggest is we have a list of map servers when joining a map, we can chose a private server so no one joins you, or you can join a server with people in it.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    The issue with this is, there are people out there who have a limit on time, so if they join a map and realize they have to go offline for a reason but they will be afraid they will be banned for going offline so then less people will run maps. What I suggest is we have a list of map servers when joining a map, we can chose a private server so no one joins you, or you can join a server with people in it.
    The "quitters" I am referring to do not have a limit on time. Infact it would appear they have an abundance of it and love nothing more than wasting ours. Of course real life emergencies happen - sometimes you just can't commit to the run - and thats ok. The temporary play ban would only affect repeat offenders.

No joke. I have witnessed the same players join then leave when the run started five times in a row before.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spheresome View Post
    here we go again...
    “Mamma Mia.”

18. The Following User Says Thank You to shadowronn For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Lol there are many reasons why they keep leaving and entering again

1. They think you don’t know what your doing
    2. Everyone keeps dying
    3. Takes too long to kill
    4. Laggy problems
    5. They tryin to do fast runs with people that know how to play the map like a pro
    6. They want to make sure the conditions for their playing will be good (for example: 1 rogue 2 mages 1 tank) I’m just making a point on this one
    7. Constantly being Dc
    8. (One of the most important (the game keeps putting ya in the same map over and over again)
    9. Bugs/glitches

Temporary bans won’t do much good at all considering it might not be their fault most of the time, not to mention that literally people are getting banned and posting about it on forums but now getting unbanned cuz of mistakes from sts server or something

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    You can already join a map by yourself by using ghost pt. Use /partyi xxx

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,062 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kystone View Post
    You can already join a map by yourself by using ghost pt. Use /partyi xxx
    I know that, but there are people out there who don't know how to make a ghost pt. I tell people to join a ghost party by saying /partyi xxx as they do daily quests so another individual doesn't join, to leave a ghost party just simply say /partyleave.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    417 Posts

Since i play its like this but i'm use to it and when i want run seriously i just make a pt, putting a ban system will not be good for the game at all imo, -100 to this idea