Thread: RIP Scamming. New Trading Window System

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Exclamation RIP Scamming. New Trading Window System

If they apply this idea, it will solve all Types of scamming:

I'm going to name the most popular ways to scam and the way to end this in every STS Game. It applies for SL, AL, PL and DL.

*The Item Kidnap: Someone selling squid for 9m, and you believe him. Adds a lot of vanitys more. (You're too excited to realize what he did)
    After the trade you have 9m less and he stills with the squid & leaves. (He removed it too quick+ kept sending you messages to distract and got you*.

*The fake friend: This one takes more time and effort to join someone's life and be his friend at the point that you can request if you can borrow his most valuable item/vanity*

New trading window system is required, not just modify a few features.

The new trading system features.

1. TEN items as MAX Tradeable items. (Eduardsboss Idea and I agree with him) Now you think it will increase the scam rate? Nah. Keep reading.

2. NOTIFICATION BAR/ WINDOW (This right here gonna expose everything that is going in the trade).

EXAMPLES:

Player1 added item XXXX.
    Player2 removed item XXXX.
    Player1 is typing.
    Player1 is on Standby. (40 SECONDS WITHOUT TOUCHING THE SCREEN)

- When you enter the trade (YOU ENTERED THE TRADE WINDOW. BEWARE!)

To keep the players on alert it has to have Advertisings, Warnings and Tips in a corner.

In the GIVE option the most valuable items*** of the game should have written 2 advertisings before giving them:

FIRST:

"ARE YOU SURE WITH THIS?"

Yes. / No.

SECOND:

"IF YOU LEND IT TO THIS PLAYER AND HE/SHE DOESN'T GIVE IT BACK IT DOENS'T COUNT AS SCAM.

Yes, I'm Sure. / No, cancel operation. (20 Seconds till you can press any)

You have to press "Yes" two times. It's a two step process. End of Scamming.

Name:  sketch1535847122617.png
Views: 332
Size:  407.7 KB

*** Everyone know which Items and Vanities are the most hard to get and expensive. As a community we can work and do a LEGIT list of the items that should count with a *Double Step Process* to actually give it to someone.

Last edited by Escanor; 09-01-2018 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Improved typo.
    This is HOLO-WEEN! Star Legends new video!
    FMJ: Escanor Star Legends: Escanorxx

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Escanor For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Escanor View Post
    This idea would solve all Types of scamming:

I'm going to name the most popular ways to scam and the way to end this in every STS Game. It applies for SL, AL, PL and DL.

*The Item Kidnap: Someone selling squid for 9m, and you believe him. Adds a lot of vanitys more. (You're too excited to realize what he did)
    After the trade you have 9m less and he stills with the squid & leaves. (He removed it too quick+ kept sending you messages to distract and got you*.

*The fake friend: This one takes more time and effort to join someone's life and be his friend at the point that you can request if you can borrow his most valuable item/vanity*

New trading window system is required, not just modify a few features.

The new trading system features.

1. TEN items as MAX Tradeable items. (Eduardsboss Idea and I agree with him) Now you think it will increase the scam rate? Nah. Keep reading.

2. NOTIFICATION BAR/ WINDOW (This right here gonna expose everything that is going in the trade).

EXAMPLES:

Player1 added item XXXX.
    Player2 removed item XXXX.
    Player1 is typing.
    Player1 is on Standby. (40 SECONDS WITHOUT TOUCHING THE SCREEN)

- When you enter the trade (YOU ENTERED THE TRADE WINDOW. BEWARE!)

To keep the players on alert it has have Advertisings, Warnings and Tips in a corner.

In the GIVE option the most valuable items of the game should have written:

FIRST:

"ARE YOU SURE WITH THIS?"

Yes No

SECOND:

"IF YOU GLEND IT TO HIM AND HE DOESN'T GIVE IT BACK IT DOENS'T COUNT AS SCAMMING.

Yes, I'm Sure. No, cancel operation. (20 Seconds till you can press any)

You have to tip yes two times. It's a two step operation. End of Scamming.

Name:  sketch1535847122617.png
Views: 332
Size:  407.7 KB
    idk why none of the devs are even looking or at least responding to your ideas. EVERY SINGLE IDEA you posted is great. Good job bro. I hope one day, they implement your ideas.

Shoot you might as well become a mod with all the kicka$$ ideas and drawings you've been putting out.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Nofox For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    256 Posts

I like the double step process when you choose to gift an item. That has yet to be implemented.

Regarding trades.

We already have a double step process. There is the first trade window, and a second trade window to double check and confirm the trade.

We are lacking warning notifications.

Especially when the trade has been changed in the middle of the trade. However, when it is changed the trade is cancelled.

Any further warnings do help with trades. But doesn't eliminate scams all together. There will always be dishonest people who borrow items and do not return them, as well as those trading and pretending to lag to cause impatience with others. Also, the opinion of merchs lowballing and underpaying for what an item is truly worth and convincing the seller its worthless.
    Last edited by Fwend; 09-01-2018 at 08:41 PM.

I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.
    -Helen Keller

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fwend For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    183 Posts

Could you take a peek Cinco?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Shonex For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fwend View Post
    I like the double step process when you choose to gift an item. That has yet to be implemented.

Regarding trades.

We already have a double step process. There is the first trade window, and a second trade window to double check and confirm the trade.

We are lacking warning notifications.

Especially when the trade has been changed in the middle of the trade. However, when it is changed the trade is cancelled.

Any further warnings do help with trades. But doesn't eliminate scams all together. There will always be dishonest people who borrow items and do not return them, as well as those trading and pretending to lag to cause impatience with others. Also, the opinion of merchs lowballing and underpaying for what an item is truly worth and convincing the seller its worthless.
    Yes. I know there's a first and second window. But it didn't prevent the scammers to do what they only know to do. I didn't mention anything about adding more additional steps in the trade window.

If you read it right...

My New Trading System idea contains:

1. New rectangular space to allow more items (10 MAX)
    2. Notification Window to keep the trade safe of any trick.
    3. Warnings, Advertising and Tips to avoid any kind of Scam/Trick.

Nothing about adding more steps in the Trade window to confirm it.

And yes. It does eliminate all scams together since Lowballing/Underpricing is not considered as Scam.

You can't expect it to stop happening. Every player wants to earn more/gain benefits... Would you sell any Item/Vanity for less than the price you bought it for (Having the chance of selling it for much more)?

If you sell anything for much less is your own fault. Your disinformation made it possible.

If you are in a guild, you can use the guild chat to ask your guildmates about something's price... You can even ask it to a few players in the public chat... There's too many ways to avoid this misfortune.

About preventing the fake friend... Every player is able to say NO.

He doesn't want to be your friend after not letting him borrow your items? There's plenty of fish in the Sea.

#DontTrustNobody with your expensive items/vanities.
    Last edited by Escanor; 09-02-2018 at 06:42 AM. Reason: Yes, I love coloring the letters

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Escanor For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Yeah i think these players are taking these vanitys to other games they claim trade then you trade item to other account player of theirs then they yell scammer when you was traded one item to help his other player :-\ they cry wolf when they ones not tell me items want put on other account its a set up :'( !!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jedibombom View Post
    Yeah i think these players are taking these vanitys to other games they claim trade then you trade item to other account player of theirs then they yell scammer when you was traded one item to help his other player :-\ they cry wolf when they ones not tell me items want put on other account its a set up :'( !!!
    I have like 20 more written ideas lol. But I can't just spam everything at once. With this one applied it would open new possibilities with the trading function, and I would love to see all the scammers gone too!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Trade window as it is now really need a re-work, it is badly developed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Good idea,i think its original :v