Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Deleting Banned Name So New User Can Use It.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azerothraven View Post
    I would like that but I dont think it is a good idea.

People will just reserve names on alt and some will get greedy and sell.

Maybe Release all names and allow one name per account but that is still a lot of work.

EDIT:

Another idea would be to make people work for the ign. Hold events where people have to put effort to get ign so they will actually use them and not sell.
    It already happened once and STS cleared that out - if u got yourself a name you can keep it but they won't do it anymore again, it caused too many problems about illegal name trading. Too many people were reporting to STS that just because they had a name saved on alt it was gone due to that event and they got it back. Many people abused the system with inappropriate names and got banned because of that (or in slight cases renamed). Some people just do giveaways others just give/gift names to eachother. Specific names might look more worth than the others because that does come up with the meaning, as for example nobody would like to run around with name "Desk" when u could get something like idk "Death" right? That leads to name trading so people can feed their ego. Personally I wouldn't like to see names left on a plat based auction where cost of it would probably reach let's say 2000-5000 plats just for the name. Imagine the drama if someone who lost a certain name would see someone else running with it around and went all rant about it. It would just cause too much unnecessary stuff. Just my opinion.

Aka Ares/Twerrk/Mystery. :]

2. The Following User Says Thank You to |Ares| For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    What do you guys think about a plat-based auction system for banned names?
    Wow, now we're given an option to bid for names that once avoided ToS, but if you think about it, isn't bidding for names against ToS? Selling igns?

What ever happened to "buy/sell names is illegal, this includes the exchange of anything". You gave up on that? As long as you saw an unexpected oppurtunity that will get you alot of revenue?. Jokes on you breaking your own term?

But lets be realistic here, so aslong as its within the game it would now be fine? Regardless if people buy plat with real currency to purchase or bid for banned names? Yeah this is basically same thing that happens in illegal name selling, people bid in exchange for items, gold or real currency outside game using social media's etc. Aswell as overall increase the prices of names outside, thus incouraging more players into selling/buying or even hording names sigh. (I know this as someone explained).

Please don't be the role model of these acts that breaks your game. Unless all being cared about is plat revenue.

(Posted this just in-case you have it in mind, hopefully this shows you SOME consequences if such. Although this is my opinion about such implementation).

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Rauitri; 09-08-2018 at 01:57 PM.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rauitri For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Hard no on this. I think it's best that names die with them. I understand that people want "cool" or short names, but all of this name craze is defeating the purpose of having something unique attached to one's toon. It's already difficult enough to keep track of people changing names every now and then, but those of us with long memories will always attach the personalities and histories of banned names to the original owners.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ticklish For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Isn’t that going against your own TOS?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Black vodka For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

You've banned people in the past for selling/buying names. So why are you suddenly making that very act legal? Just because it'll get you guys more revenue doesn't mean it's right.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45216&d=1383296273

Ign: frynoodles

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wowdah For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    In addition to this plat-based auction system, we should have a system, when we inspect the player, it shows the last few usernames this person has used. Either that or a unique player Id number because some people will swap back and forth a few times to "mask" the previous usernames used
    I support this, it would be a great tool to keep unwanted players from fl, possible scams, like “hey u remember me, lend me your set”........Also agree to the plat auction.
    Last edited by Avaree; 09-08-2018 at 03:54 PM.
    Avy
    12-2012

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wowdah View Post
    You've banned people in the past for selling/buying names. So why are you suddenly making that very act legal? Just because it'll get you guys more revenue doesn't mean it's right.
    I think it’s illegal because you cant trade names in a trade window. So, trading and buying names causes much real money trading and scamming. If you could buy the name with plat from STS, there wouldnt be such problems.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Whoever that is supporting this thread just wanna grab those cool/deceptively pro names and keep it in their account and brag about it later(or u know what)
    I am looking forward to see Arcane legends evolve from pay to win to Pay to enjoy

Gratz
    I hope they don't add pay to login next year.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kaaziii For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No leave igns banned why would you want a ign of a person who was banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

How about pay to enter towns?
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45216&d=1383296273

Ign: frynoodles

17. The Following User Says Thank You to wowdah For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

only if u gonna hire some good designers for new good looking vanities and pets with that plat amount.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to danishahmed For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    593 Posts

I dont like this idea. I do not trust ppl who change their names. Seems like they are hiding the truth about themselves.
    I’m rubber and you’re glue, what bounces off me, sticks on you..
    Stop assuming my posts are emotional. I don’t care that much.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Oakmaiden For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmaiden View Post
    I dont like this idea. I do not trust ppl who change their names. Seems like they are hiding the truth about themselves.
    I always knew Baron had something to hide! he changed from baronb to blazinbaron to baron... Baron=true evil confirmed!

Sig made by Baron! check out his work here: https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...ron-Sig-Thread

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ent For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ent View Post
    I always knew Baron had something to hide! he changed from baronb to blazinbaron to baron... Baron=true evil confirmed!
    Such evils have no place in the peaceful and prospering land of Arlor!
    Long live the king !!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

This is actually good idea, players in here just have many perspective i bet if you really do this all those ign will be sold in sec

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BRYBE View Post
    This is actually good idea, players in here just have many perspective i bet if you really do this all those ign will be sold in sec
    Yes people will throw in tons of opinions but if actually done everyone will buy cuz they dont want to miss an opportunity like this. They will be sold fast af and it seems to me like a really need something like this in times like this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Yes people will throw in tons of opinions but if actually done everyone will buy cuz they dont want to miss an opportunity like this. They will be sold fast af
    Yeah ifkr

Oof i cant wait to buy ign : Bad xD
    Important thing is idgaf a scammer or whatever used this ign before
    Last edited by BRYBE; 09-10-2018 at 07:00 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rauitri View Post
    Wow, now we're given an option to bid for names that once avoided ToS, but if you think about it, isn't bidding for names against ToS? Selling igns?

What ever happened to "buy/sell names is illegal, this includes the exchange of anything". You gave up on that? As long as you saw an unexpected oppurtunity that will get you alot of revenue?. Jokes on you breaking your own term?

But lets be realistic here, so aslong as its within the game it would now be fine? Regardless if people buy plat with real currency to purchase or bid for banned names? Yeah this is basically same thing that happens in illegal name selling, people bid in exchange for items, gold or real currency outside game using social media's etc. Aswell as overall increase the prices of names outside, thus incouraging more players into selling/buying or even hording names sigh. (I know this as someone explained).

Please don't be the role model of these acts that breaks your game. Unless all being cared about is plat revenue.

(Posted this just in-case you have it in mind, hopefully this shows you SOME consequences if such. Although this is my opinion about such implementation).

Don't judge sts too hard... this is just an area to explore and was suggested due to the question asked. It is no definate.

But also consider,

We dont understand the financial situation sts might be in; this may not be because they want more money but need more. I cant say this for sure but they may not have a choice but to do this because soo many players exploited the game before and maybe they are not making as much money as before so it might be hard to keep the server up/ pay everyone or develop new games/update existing ones. A lot of the end game players dont buy plat like they used to before cuz they are already very rich and i see many complaints about plat offers so they are not effective as they used to be. I see some days have not logged on/ posted or active in chat for month so i assume they are on a break or has family emmergency for now ( I am stalker ik, i usually see what devs read and comment)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,064 Posts

I suggest not buying and selling igns at all for 1 and for 2 if people have an ign of someone who broke tos for scamming, harassing, account trading, or anything else they did then they will have tons of individuals pming them bad things because they have an ign of someone who did something bad.

Click the spoiler button !

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Don't judge sts too hard... this is just an area to explore and was suggested due to the question asked. It is no definate.

But also consider,

We dont understand the financial situation sts might be in; this may not be because they want more money but need more. I cant say this for sure but they may not have a choice but to do this because soo many players exploited the game before and maybe they are not making as much money as before so it might be hard to keep the server up/ pay everyone or develop new games/update existing ones. A lot of the end game players dont buy plat like they used to before cuz they are already very rich and i see many complaints about plat offers so they are not effective as they used to be. I see some days have not logged on/ posted or active in chat for month so i assume they are on a break or has family emmergency for now ( I am stalker ik, i usually see what devs read and comment)
    If you were asked, would approach this path? Sell banned names for plat? Just because you assume that STS may not be generating "enough" revenue compared to before? Or to pay for their upkeep + invested profit?

You do know that the community were always giving thousands of ideas to make the game more fun, that in return would apeal to their clients? And yet they want to take the easy route, get rich by selling banned names, and the idea came from a random stranger. Not even themselves I assume.

Examples
    - spend more time in designing pets, rather to make them heroic nor recolored nor same pets but different look.

- Investing on guides or content for new clients, perhaps they won't get any revenue for this or they would rather work on something for the Vets that can make them $$$? Which is wrong etcetera etcetera.

- Bring back Pvp. And yet they ignore this as they could forsee.

They're in-need of consideration of implementation of some ideas of the community that truly will make the game attractive. Communication is a must.

How I see it, if they weren't such greed before (started in 2016), when they introduced awakes that destroyed twinks, making them leave, event boss just for cap players, how repetitive the maps are now, or even the failed Dreamscape that further made their clients leave, then they wouldn't be financially unstable atm.

All laziness, whenever they introduce something, it was intended to either push away players or make them buy their product. Hopefully they can fix it with this expansion, not with selling names.

My 1st post was to encourage them that don't implement such, as they will get blinded by the revenue they've gotten and this will start another one etc. Example was the OP reroll event, 1 week became 2 weeks suddenly as they know they'll get tons of revenue.

If they have financial problems, shouldn't it be for them to strive for higher? Think and implement stunning content? As suppose to content that will make us leave? They need to be transparent, failure to do this will result players leaving also.

You covering for them even though majority didn't will only mean that it's a bad decision. You objectifying me w/o a suggestion for improving will only equal to nothing. What do you want next? Pay plat to make banned accounts unbanned? Pay plat to ban someone you don't like? Just to fix their "financial problem"?

Last edited by Rauitri; 09-10-2018 at 08:13 AM.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rauitri For This Useful Post: