Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Deleting Banned Name So New User Can Use It.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azerothraven View Post
    Don't judge sts too hard... this is just an area to explore and was suggested due to the question asked. It is no definate.

But also consider,

We dont understand the financial situation sts might be in; this may not be because they want more money but need more. I cant say this for sure but they may not have a choice but to do this because soo many players exploited the game before and maybe they are not making as much money as before so it might be hard to keep the server up/ pay everyone or develop new games/update existing ones. A lot of the end game players dont buy plat like they used to before cuz they are already very rich and i see many complaints about plat offers so they are not effective as they used to be. I see some days have not logged on/ posted or active in chat for month so i assume they are on a break or has family emmergency for now ( I am stalker ik, i usually see what devs read and comment)
    I doubt they are in “desperate times” and Justg was just SUGGESTING it but;
    If they were in such desperate times, it’s their own fault. Sts is a company and if they cannot be financially stable it’s their fault, they also shouldn’t resort to breaking their own tos. Especially when the majority don’t approve of the suggestion.

Since you brought up the point of sts having many exploiters, do you seriously deny that introducing a platinum based auction for banned igns won’t bring in more ? It’s clear you really want some igns but it’s not what the game/community needs. I also added some suggestions of auctioning off exclusive character bound items likes Faces,Hairs,Emotes,Auras.

If sts truly needs some $$$ they know how to get it. Platinum Sale, Awesome Events, Vanity Sales, Key Crates, Double Boss Elixirs, ect. Im sure these will be 100x more worth it to buy platinum than some usernames with bad reputations.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Snowman Is here For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

I think people just over thinking it at this point and getting riled up based on their assumptions. These are NOT real consequences of what will happen and just a mere guess. I will settle with whatever action sts takes.

I would like some new ign and I am not too concerned about what other people think and I don't care if people message me and say uhh I got scammed 5 years ago. Just move on. I have lost over 100m to scams.

Bottom line, if you don't want an ign then don't buy it. The quoted line mentioned in ToS does not apply to sts but to the players, service is being provided. STS is entitled to change, modify or completely remove anything they feel without notice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

“Mere guess”, just like sts needing more money is a mere guess based off of Justg’s suggestion.

The logical thing to do is to prevent any MORE scams happening. Ign buying/selling scams happen all the time, Unbanning igns will obviously feed into that.

If sts gave everything every individual player wanted then the game wouldn’t survive, sorry to be the one to tell you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

if anything any kind of an auction system for ign will reduce name selling.... why would you buy it from someone and risk getting scammed/banned when you can you can get a good name in a legit way ?

Ign : Derp - endgame main / Gouiwaa : will be a twink once twinking is back / Derpynuts : lvl1 , my troll account

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman Is here View Post
    “Mere guess”, just like sts needing more money is a mere guess based off of Justg’s suggestion.

The logical thing to do is to prevent any MORE scams happening. Ign buying/selling scams happen all the time, Unbanning igns will obviously feed into that.

If sts gave everything every individual player wanted then the game wouldn’t survive, sorry to be the one to tell you.
    I am not looking to argue here or looking to rebuttal.
    I have said enough and see what is "logical" to sts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gouiwaa9000 View Post
    if anything any kind of an auction system for ign will reduce name selling.... why would you buy it from someone and risk getting scammed/banned when you can you can get a good name in a legit way ?
    Not everyone has the platinum to bid on igns in the platinum-based auction. The owner could also sell it for alot if he gets a specific ign.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    What do you guys think about a plat-based auction system for banned names?
    ah yes..a biding war.....mwahahaha

"side note"
    it will be CRAZY if names go back on sale and many more forum rants on how they got bought out...id say..1st come 1st serve really.
    Last edited by octavos; 09-10-2018 at 10:30 AM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Good idea! Deleting names from inactive accounts would also be great.

Enviado de meu SM-G570M usando o Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WiiCarlim View Post
    Good idea! Deleting names from inactive accounts would also be great.

Enviado de meu SM-G570M usando o Tapatalk
    Nope >.<

Sent from my SM-J200F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

Its like this lots of plat for few ign or lots of plat for lots of keys, etc etc, , what ever is more profitable as long as it remains ethical, gmail could read all our mail, but i guess they don’t and wont, thats why we/I trust them, so id suggest STS should rather not auction names off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

I think people just over thinking it at this point and getting riled up based on their assumptions. These are NOT real consequences of what will happen and just a mere guess. I will settle with whatever action sts takes.

I would like some new ign and I am not too concerned about what other people think and I don't care if people message me and say uhh I got scammed 5 years ago. Just move on. I have lost over 100m to scams.

Bottom line, if you don't want an ign then don't buy it. The quoted line mentioned in ToS does not apply to sts but to the players, service is being provided. STS is entitled to change, modify or completely remove anything they feel without notice.
    U always have to brag about gold in any of your comments/threads right, this is getting boring. lol
    Other way round stop pushing the idea of getting a name just because you don't have one. This is like 100% exploiting selfishness cause you probably would pull 20k plats for any unique name unlike others.
    Fair given, fair taken. There are giveaways with names happening on events section from time to time, why won't u take a part in one and try win a name then?
    #egoboosted

Aka Ares/Twerrk/Mystery. :]

13. The Following User Says Thank You to |Ares| For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    What do you guys think about a plat-based auction system for banned names?
    i like this idea

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    265 Posts

I am not looking to argue here or looking to rebuttal.
    I have said enough and see what is "logical" to sts.
    I dont think there aer any problems technically that could happen from having old IGNs bought through the store. I do however, have a problem with the ehtics behind the idea. If sts were to legitamately sell igns to players through a store, it would essentially be a huge slap in the face to the player basis who has followed the TOS for all these years. They outlined these rules for the community, and they had no fear banning players who did in fact break these outlined rules. To make the same action that was against terms of service now legal simply because it will benefit the company is a huge sign of hypocrisy which many players will potentially dislike.
    Last edited by Spheresome; 09-10-2018 at 05:15 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by octavos View Post

"side note"
    it will be CRAZY if names go back on sale and many more forum rants on how they got bought out...id say..1st come 1st serve really.
    It is pathetic to rant for not being able to buy a name. People need to move on if they can't afford. complaining won't get them the ign.
    I wont buy any ign but I think devs should do what they gotta do. It is their game after all. We ar just here for the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by |Ares| View Post
    U always have to brag about gold in any of your comments/threads right, this is getting boring. lol
    Other way round stop pushing the idea of getting a name just because you don't have one. This is like 100% exploiting selfishness cause you probably would pull 20k plats for any unique name unlike others.
    Fair given, fair taken. There are giveaways with names happening on events section from time to time, why won't u take a part in one and try win a name then?
    #egoboosted
    This does not seem like a brag to me but rather a response to previous comments. Also people are always selfish no matter what side they side with. I assume you are against this because you already have original names like "Ares and Mystery" so you just dont want others to have it and there is nothing wrong with that but I could be wrong since we are all just "assuming" here.
    Fight Me -_-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by octavos View Post

"side note"
    It is pathetic to rant for not being able to buy a name. People need to move on if they can't afford. complaining won't get them the ign.
    I wont buy any ign but I think devs should do what they gotta do. It is their game after all. We ar just here for the ride.

#egoboosted
    This does not seem like a brag to me but rather a response to previous comments. Also people are always selfish no matter what side they side with. I assume you are against this because you already have original names like "Ares and Mystery" so you just dont want others to have it and there is nothing wrong with that but I could be wrong since we are all just "assuming" here. I see most people who are anti this already have original igns so this seems very selfish to me cuz they dont want to spend plat or want others to have names like them.
    Fight Me -_-

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

What about a namezavier...just like eggzavier...a boss that drop a chest with random names inside......so that everyone who participate has a chance to loot a cool name...hehe...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

what if someone who got banned lost his ign and gets unbanned then?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Are you retarded dude? Why the hell would I brag about losing 100m?? It is more shameful to admit something like this because I was too naive and trusting toward others.

Like conti said, you just don't want others to have ign cuz then names like "Ares, Mystery and Spectral wont be special anymore". I am not the only one selfish here. The Tos is just an execuse for you to remain exclusive. If you wanted others to be happy then you would say yes. If more people buy/sell ign then it is sts's concern not yours or anyone's else; I am sure they will think throughly before implenting something like this.

P.s. I have nothing against you guys so I am just expressing my views on your arguments not on you as a person. So dont be offended please.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts

Yea I like the idea especially because there's a ign I want but even if this did happen I wouldn't get it due to greedy plat buyers and horders who will try and sell the ign later on rip.
    people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Are you retarded dude? .....
    Maybe you should ask yourself this. You are the player who started the "trust test", and many got scammed because of this. Well done.

Laugh it up fuzzball!