Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Where it all started (I think)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    265 Posts

Default Where it all started (I think)

We can trace all of the class complaining and Arcane Legends transformation into rogue legends back to when the Hydra map was nerfed and made too easy. The easiest and simplest way to rebalance the game, is to make the raids difficult to the extent where it is impossible for a full rogue party to do it/or is too slow or die too many times. Thus the rogues would require the support of another class. Or like @ucamabean suggested, add a buff for when all the classes are in the map together to promote cooperation between classes.

Id also like to point out that the raids were technically supposed to be the hardest content in the game. Yet there are some elite maps that take longer to complete than the hydra and infested sawmp. And im talking low level elite maps like dead city and nordr. Make the raids the difficulty they were intended and add some good drops so that people are still motivated to run them!

Ty STS~ and this is my opinion pls dont create drama in this thread ty Just constructive opinions

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Spheresome For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Real talk home boy support chu xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Well if they make maps harder then u see warriors and mages cant really provide any special support anyways. Its still dps oriented. As I see it its upto each member to survive on their own in that map. No attacking mobs that can be taunted etc.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sometacoz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

Remove raids and bring back old style of maps

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Thewolfbull For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thewolfbull View Post
    no thanks. just add the proposed buff system
    YO MAMA SO FAT THANOS HAD TO SNAP TWICE!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    265 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sometacoz View Post
    Well if they make maps harder then u see warriors and mages cant really provide any special support anyways. Its still dps oriented. As I see it its upto each member to survive on their own in that map. No attacking mobs that can be taunted etc.
    If we up the damge the bosses do, the warriors will be needed to tank for the rogues . If rogues keep dying than they will need a tank or risk serious KDR drops and it will potentiall cause the boss to reset if it a team of only rogues dies. Thats one solution as to get warriors involved and necessary.

Being a mage, i still havnt thought of a good way to get mages involved
    Last edited by Spheresome; 09-16-2018 at 10:02 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thewolfbull View Post
    I actually like the "straight to the point" maps like Hydra.... Hydra is just a bit too easy and it would be good if there was a way to know what drops in maps without having to do intricate digging/research......

Official Signature Of Dot Com Entertainment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

I think it's Awakenings that are ruining most of the game in general.

With the Awakenings we can have now, all three classes can have OP stats overall. High health, high armor, high mana, high damage, high everything else.

So then the first to be useless are warriors, because Warriors can't scratch any Elite Boss, while Mages and Rogues don't need any healing or shields because they already have OP Health and Armor, and also Auto Pots.

Second are Mages because the Rogue skills just simply deal way more damage than theirs, and that makes them useless too. And not to forget that Mage support is not really needed... it never was, because pots and stuff.

So what can we do? I think the class imbalance has gone way too far and it will be almost impossible to make all classes useful again in this cap.

Maybe in the future limit the Awakenings that can be rolled in each classes' items. Like Rogue items not being able to roll Armor or Health, or just make those numbers much smaller. Or just remove them completely from new gear.

Another way would be buffing damage of Mages and Warriors, but then what's the purpose of having different classes if they're all going to do the same thing?
    Retired

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

make pve maps without pots usable. all classes were needed

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Lolifee For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

Extreme mire set buffs and "OP" awakes actually are the reason. If you take usual rogues with lvl71 arcanes and few mire items, you will see they die a lot without tank.
    Last edited by Alwarez; 09-16-2018 at 09:38 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alwarez View Post
    Extreme mire set buffs and "OP" awakes actually are the reason. If you take usual rogues with lvl71 arcanes and few mire items, you will see they die a lot without tank.
    No my rogue is the biggest noob ever and can do it easy only thing that can kill a rogue is the big circle redzone and it's easy to avoid tank does nothing in hydra unless they're playing with rogues who never did it before

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

I really don't understand why people just gang up against rogues in the game. It is sad

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

And talking about co-operation, when I enter random Bog maps with 3 other tanks, it is the tanks who always leave the map. I am rogue, and sometimes I have a tough time to do the map because I am not fully geared. It is good play that counts, be it rogues, warriors and mages. Hydra bog map is still made for all classes, and I can vouch for it because I don't run full rogue parties. And for the record, Mages with Drag Staff take over the map if they know how to proc well, rogues aren't even required if the mage plays well. I hope this attitude towards rogues in the game changes soon. We are not tools and we are not enemies. It is just a game, so let's just enjoy it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

Because most of the time I experienced is the rogue that leaves or most players used to Max 1/2 tanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bundlos View Post
    And talking about co-operation, when I enter random Bog maps with 3 other tanks, it is the tanks who always leave the map. I am rogue, and sometimes I have a tough time to do the map because I am not fully geared. It is good play that counts, be it rogues, warriors and mages. Hydra bog map is still made for all classes, and I can vouch for it because I don't run full rogue parties. And for the record, Mages with Drag Staff take over the map if they know how to proc well, rogues aren't even required if the mage plays well. I hope this attitude towards rogues in the game changes soon. We are not tools and we are not enemies. It is just a game, so let's just enjoy it.
    IGN: Jairrus
    Character: Warrior (always)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bundlos View Post
    Hi Bund
    I like the enjoy the game part
    In forum I guess 90% of people writing play AL from years, and everyone had his own “gold era” and speaks considering its own experience. Here it’s not about rogues. It’s game balance, where people who invested time and effort in 1 toon is kinda obliged to shift to rogue to be able to play the map of the moment (Hydra).
    Before (mausoleum) were mages, now (and 3-4 years ago) rogues. Also tanks I think had their moment being considered best class.
    Just don’t take it personal all threads include truth and are interesting, look at the good part of them!
    Ps: Drag Staff proc is random, don’t blame too much mages xD
    Ps2: dmg is dmg, so even if it’s random high dmg is way better. Blame some mages..... XD
    If there would be a competition for stupidity, I would be second. Cause I’m stupid

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Xxkayakxx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Or just add few special mobs which are OK with other 2 classes but expert in killing there specific class

Like shaman pakuna's mob version ( pakuma's apprentice) type can counter & kill mages very easily
    Kroger's mob version can easily hunt warrior
    And
    Vori's mob version or apprentice can nullify rogue attacks & kill rogue very quickly.

So no class can be ignored.

(Don't mind if boss names aren't correct)

Have fun!

22.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #17
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spheresome View Post
    We can trace all of the class complaining and Arcane Legends transformation into rogue legends back to when the Hydra map was nerfed and made too easy.
    Class complaining in AL began around November 2012.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

23. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Yeah, but in 2012, the game was based on skill. Not just whether you had enough plat to reroll awakenings 24 hours a day. This was evident in both pvp and timed runs, and even normal pve: all required skill back then. Now? Not so much. That's the key detail you're missing: adding awakenings increased a ton of revenue, sure, but the game quality severely dipped after that and can never recover with their continued existence.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45216&d=1383296273

Ign: frynoodles

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wowdah View Post
    Yeah, but in 2012, the game was based on skill. Not just whether you had enough plat to reroll awakenings 24 hours a day. This was evident in both pvp and timed runs, and even normal pve: all required skill back then. Now? Not so much. That's the key detail you're missing: adding awakenings increased a ton of revenue, sure, but the game quality severely dipped after that and can never recover with their continued existence.
    ngl I like the awakens and dont want them removed. I think sts will just need to find another way to solve the prob. Hint hint: more gold sink ideas and content like they have been doing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    I guess even before .......while u were developing AL inside ur own staff xD
    If there would be a competition for stupidity, I would be second. Cause I’m stupid