Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Early Game Experience Feedback Request

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

For me the issue is that the game doesn't really start until you reach cap level. You start playing and basically there is no other main objective than to level to end game, and there is no source of entertainment along the way.

To me a more intricate string of quests would be a great solution, with level appropriate gear as a reward, eventually bringing the new player to 5 levels below cap with a good piece of gear in every slot and a decent pet. The same way "old" players begin every expansion.

I've played other games where I came in with a high cap and the journey from beginning to cap is kept alive by the ability to level by moving from quest to quest. The two are very different in terms of leading players to end game:

1. Finish the handful of story quests. Log on and just keep repeating the same maps until next area. Repeat. Map repetition becomes longer and longer the higher level you get plus you start to fall behind on gear and get into bad option habits as you don't have the gold for either.

2. Led quest to quest with xp and gear as reward; complete southern seas; need to build X weapon to drive out bloodhammer; collect 50 arrowheads from archers. Once complete collect 50 ammunition from barrels. Then we need 25 weapon plans from kraken bosses. Lets explore; find the kraken mines and explore for treasure on each of the 3 locations - find map fragments in the mines to unlock the other two locations. Treasure map indicates that here lies an ancient helm.

By the time you finish the intricate Kraken isles quest line you are naturally lead into entering nordr and so on until you reach 5 levels below cap where you should arrive equipped with decent untraceable legendary gear obtained from quests, and be directed on how to progress to cap using the newest content.

For further insight maybe have a case study group start a new character and document how far they get before giving up

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dalmony For This Useful Post: