Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Early Game Experience Feedback Request

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

I started a bunch of toons recently and am taking 3 of them to level 61.

I actually try to get xp only via zone clearing, since esp at the beginning, leveling is so fast that I would outgrow the zones too fast if I get xp from quests as well. In addition, leveling w/ quests makes the current zone much less useful in terms of equips. For example, I can level in Kraken at L30 but but the max equip level for Golden Pirate Chests is L26. Maybe a message in zone about the level of equips in that zone, or have the levels of the equips in the chests match the level +- 2 of the player, up to the max level of the xp for that zone. Or maybe on the World Map, there can be more information for each zone about what bosses drop.

I think somewhere around L40-50, new players run into trouble completing quests because the previous leveling was so fast. Some of the Kraken bosses I think give them trouble, as well as Nordr.

Not sure that they need much gold or to buy anything until L40-50 due to the free equips and pots they all get till then. Once the chests are only every 10 levels, it does get a bit more challenging, esp since this is also about when they encounter Nordr, where pots become more of a necessity. Maybe a few zone completion quests that award pots?

Also around L30-L50, I start looking for people to give my stuff to but many of them (most?) do not have trading opened, because they can get to L50 within a few hours, vs a few days to enable trading. Perhaps enable trading if they reach Kraag and are L20? Or make this a quest reward for Dead City or Nordr-1 or Nordr-2 completion?

Also, maybe around L30, gift them 25 inventory, since my other problem is inability to gift them endless tra...um...fantastic items! But seriously I would love to give them pinks/blues I won't use, eggs I won't use, extra whatevers I might have that'd be cool to gift a new player. Maybe use a Nordr quest to do this.

As an aside, the new super common Klaas eggs has been a good response to beggars: someone begs, I give them like 10 Klaas eggs haha. Only problem is the beggars have disappeared. So sad!

Oh yeah, old low level toons don't get the free equips. I have no clue whether they ought to get the free chest New Player series but maybe they should, since they could be returning players who never made it very far. I personally do not find that to be a problem, but it's something I have noticed since 2 of my future L61s are old L10, L25 characters.

Also, I do not remember seeing a message about Skill Masteries, once one can do this. When people can do awakens on equips, there should also be a message about this and maybe an award of 5 awaken gems to get them started. Or the information could be when they first craft an Awaken Gem Kit - what level they can use this for, for enhancing certain of their equips.

Last edited by Fyrce; 09-21-2018 at 08:03 PM.

Star light, star bright...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fyrce For This Useful Post: