Quote Originally Posted by Dalmony View Post
I agree about the solo nature of early gameplay being off-putting. When I first started the cap was 21 and every town was full of people at the same stage and near in level to me. I easily found a guild filled with chatter about best places to level, people to run quests and farm with etc and the bonds I formed are ultimately what lead me to stay.

Obviously that's the nature of a new game is everyone is at the start together. But finding a way to recreate this would be huge in keeping new players.

Maybe having different instances of towns for different level bands would help. EG when a sub level 25 enters travellers outpost he would find it full of other low level players which would create a new to game banter and help people find groups to run content with.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk
Also this^. Back in the early seasons, AL's population felt more evenly spread out in terms of how far people were in the game. I always encountered PUGs to run with because there was a lot less content dividing the population. Some people were creating and leveling alts, some were breezing through, and some were just going at a leisurely pace, so you always had people to run with. The leveling system also felt more fluid and it was a lot easier to cap from scratch.

As the game evolved, and more content expanded the end-game forwards, it made it a bit harder to hit the cap. Old content was old content and most of the gold-making was in end-game. Expansions catered to the people who were consistently capping and growing with the game. Nowadays people wonder why end-game isn't as active as it used to be anymore, and it's because a lot of the older players have already left, and new player acclimation is very weak. New players are being fed the leftovers while end-gamers are enjoying the feast.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk