Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Early Game Experience Feedback Request

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dalmony View Post
    I agree about the solo nature of early gameplay being off-putting. When I first started the cap was 21 and every town was full of people at the same stage and near in level to me. I easily found a guild filled with chatter about best places to level, people to run quests and farm with etc and the bonds I formed are ultimately what lead me to stay.

Obviously that's the nature of a new game is everyone is at the start together. But finding a way to recreate this would be huge in keeping new players.

Maybe having different instances of towns for different level bands would help. EG when a sub level 25 enters travellers outpost he would find it full of other low level players which would create a new to game banter and help people find groups to run content with.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk
    Also this^. Back in the early seasons, AL's population felt more evenly spread out in terms of how far people were in the game. I always encountered PUGs to run with because there was a lot less content dividing the population. Some people were creating and leveling alts, some were breezing through, and some were just going at a leisurely pace, so you always had people to run with. The leveling system also felt more fluid and it was a lot easier to cap from scratch.

As the game evolved, and more content expanded the end-game forwards, it made it a bit harder to hit the cap. Old content was old content and most of the gold-making was in end-game. Expansions catered to the people who were consistently capping and growing with the game. Nowadays people wonder why end-game isn't as active as it used to be anymore, and it's because a lot of the older players have already left, and new player acclimation is very weak. New players are being fed the leftovers while end-gamers are enjoying the feast.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    521 Posts

I'm just posting to say thankyou for the new things! I particularly love the auction option! Thankyou very much STS. ☺️

Somewhere beyond and between here and nowhere...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

I like the Crafting and CS improvements. Especialy the find feature on materials and eggs.
    Small things make big difference. Good job.
    Retired
    Tired of Dead Guilds & Offline FL? Click Here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I really like the auctionshouse option and...tyvm for make mage mateor so nice visible. I love. Tyvm:-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lolifee View Post
    off topic:

add a map without pots available where pure skill is everythig. where all classes are needed.

Theres pvp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Im pretty sure it's been mentioned before... Sorry not too sure who but credit to them...Can we get an option where we could see what aps we could get from each map? so before we join a map there's an '?' Button or a lil description with the details of the aps that we could get from the map..And the possible loot table of each map as well maybe??

^ that's how you know I didn't give a shlt back in school lmao...

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

I know this is probably in the wrong thread but can you guys make victus runes lootable by all levels cuz it's impossible as a low-level to even clear that map A & B there's no one at those levels playing those Maps.... I think making level requirements for that map was not a very bright idea to begin with

8. The Following User Says Thank You to sinfuldito83 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Maily, I speak abozt Newplayers, not about smurfs.

The main problem for new players is inventory space. They do a few maps and they are full. Next problem at my side is locked crates. Earlier were ppl getting locked crates with better drop and this crates were more expensive. Now ppl get somr marsh crate, which is 500 gold at auc. At the end, I think the game is ancient. Same quests, same avatars. AND MAINLY, SAME IS THAT, GAME IS STILL FOR RICH PPL ONLY.

Newplayer - No money - Bad build - Bad PvP (thats why Newplayers dont play it much)

... Ppl can make lvl 52 fastly, in a few hours, so they dont play Ydra Kraag and this maps. Cause they are excited to beat higher maps, but they no have done quests or alchievments. So this maps is only for a few runs.... 1st for unluck next zone 2nd for get elite bosses.

And now my idea, I would add avatars change, only 1 for all player. That will do, that you have for example rogue lvl 71, but you want play mage, so you will use it and get mage and your rogue would be deleted. Mage will be same level and items will be still in inventory, same space, alchievments, quests.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Just a too say everything looks Brilliant......... 🌹🤓

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

A move in the right direction by sts and great advice

+ making it easier to obtain trader permit; lvl 45 seems reasonable or 5k pve kills
    + lower Xp limit from 60-71 by like half; there is plenty more enjoyable for new players to do; levelling isn't as exciting as you think sts
    + make mid-game farmable and get xp like KM3 was between 41-56 cap; telling them where to begin
    + Make decent gear so new people are able to keep up with each expansions (espicially 46,56,61) with correct gear; advancement locked or tell them how to obtain
    + Devs watch YouTube videos of channels relevant to AL; some provide good ideas hint hint @NAB GUIDE
    + Promote some videos/ guides in game e.g. Guides with xp help, levelling, gold farming, gear tips and skill builds. I myself and many others will be very happy to do this for FREE. Just ask us or make a competition for something like this and you will be impressed 100%. We want the best for sts and al too; we do love and care about you all.
    + Link up maps and make it flow (main story)
    + Suggest new players to try things out e.g. rumours about next expansions so they know what to expect
    + better communication from devs - YouTube/ forum / in game/vlogs . I think you can spare extra 30 min few times a week out Of your busy schedule.
    + Update guides on forum; seriously some are ancient. We can do better! We will give us a chance?
    + in game messages to let them know about scammers at the start and a guide on how to avoid
    + send messages to gamble responsibly on sir spend a lot: quite a few left cuz of this rip.
    + give reasons why they should not scam or beg - show alternatives

My idea: Add a new buddy system where a nominated/ pro player can help new player get into things. This would be voluntary and perhaps count toward some achievement or reward for both. The point is to build guidance and promote friendlier interactions.

If devs gonna take these advice live a like so I get motivated to come up with more.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Azerothraven For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azerothraven View Post
    A move in the right direction by sts and great advice

+ making it easier to obtain trader permit; lvl 45 seems reasonable or 5k pve kills
    + lower Xp limit from 60-71 by like half; there is plenty more enjoyable for new players to do; levelling isn't as exciting as you think sts
    + make mid-game farmable and get xp like KM3 was between 41-56 cap; telling them where to begin
    + Make decent gear so new people are able to keep up with each expansions (espicially 46,56,61) with correct gear; advancement locked or tell them how to obtain
    + Devs watch YouTube videos of channels relevant to AL; some provide good ideas hint hint @NAB GUIDE
    + Promote some videos/ guides in game e.g. Guides with xp help, levelling, gold farming, gear tips and skill builds. I myself and many others will be very happy to do this for FREE. Just ask us or make a competition for something like this and you will be impressed 100%. We want the best for sts and al too; we do love and care about you all.
    + Link up maps and make it flow (main story)
    + Suggest new players to try things out e.g. rumours about next expansions so they know what to expect
    + better communication from devs - YouTube/ forum / in game/vlogs . I think you can spare extra 30 min few times a week out Of your busy schedule.
    + Update guides on forum; seriously some are ancient. We can do better! We will give us a chance?
    + in game messages to let them know about scammers at the start and a guide on how to avoid
    + send messages to gamble responsibly on sir spend a lot: quite a few left cuz of this rip.
    + give reasons why they should not scam or beg - show alternatives

My idea: Add a new buddy system where a nominated/ pro player can help new player get into things. This would be voluntary and perhaps count toward some achievement or reward for both. The point is to build guidance and promote friendlier interactions.

If devs gonna take these advice live a like so I get motivated to come up with more.
    Lul haha free advertisement for nab guide views xdd and face revealed check it out. And gives warning before perma banning with reason please like mutes for 1 day ,week or month and temp ban instead of sudden perma ban not everyone know the detailed tos as every mmorpg has different tos. Ye al could really need player moderators in game as till now i have never met any devs in game and of course twitch/youtube live stream for each updatesssss please.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

I'm trying to get back in the game but feel extremely overwhelmed trying to accumulate gold. It will take ages before I can competitively PvP.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Repromoting the game will solve all issues...period!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Dear devs,

I am very concerned with the game now not about its gameplay but about the growth of the game. As more and more people quitting and less new people joining the game which slowly kills the game.

I suggest you guys should do a major rebirth of the game in terms of advertisement like working with a youtuber to promote the game so that many will know the game again or youtube ad since it is hard for a newbie to know about the game as it is not in top 100 role playing games anymore. It wouldnt hurt to invest some money to promote the game again right?

I love this game so much and would like to see the game back to the way it was in 2013 with maps full of new people in everyday.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by richiewalz View Post
    Dear devs,

I am very concerned with the game now not about its gameplay but about the growth of the game. As more and more people quitting and less new people joining the game which slowly kills the game.

I suggest you guys should do a major rebirth of the game in terms of advertisement like working with a youtuber to promote the game so that many will know the game again or youtube ad since it is hard for a newbie to know about the game as it is not in top 100 role playing games anymore. It wouldnt hurt to invest some money to promote the game again right?

I love this game so much and would like to see the game back to the way it was in 2013 with maps full of new people in everyday.

This will solve all the "ISSUES" of the new players struggling to level up n to stay in game as they will have parties to grind the low level maps for xp and quests

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

I would say the worst time for new players is around lvl50 until they reach lvl61 . People get used to leveling up 4-6 times a day from story quests and then suddenly you need to put way more effort just to get 1 level . It would help if quest rewards slowly decreased instead so its not so sudden . Also those levels are when most people cant continue using dropped gear and actually need to buy it , which means using gold that they have no way of earning .

Ign : Derp - endgame main / Gouiwaa : will be a twink once twinking is back / Derpynuts : lvl1 , my troll account

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Enjoy the game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Its hard to play Arcane legends in early game, if you re low lvl you cant kill event bosses as fast as other levels, its pretty unfair

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

We need more new players and they should be guided by some guides ingame because its hard to understand everything and some videos how to not be scammed because new players join and leave after they are getting scammed by higher levels

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    521 Posts

It's difficult for new players to keep motivated. I made a character to test this out and believe me, it is hard. All seemed ok at first, the advancement packs are very useful. Bear in mind, I know the game very well but for a new player, the information is sadly lacking. The quests give loads of xp which is also useful but it makes the kdr look really poor with regards to kills. By the time you get to level 40, which takes around an hour, you have so many quests.. finishing dead city then kraken, nordr, shyal, tindirin. Your advancement packs finish at level 40 but by now you should have a trading permit and pets can be bought quite cheaply which is a big help. Events are difficult though and to me, that's when you realise that everything seems to be geared (pardon the pun) for endgamers. By the time I reached level 50 I gave up. Most guilds don't want anyone below that level anyway, the friends I'd made had become inactive and getting a party for rengol quests was highly improbable. Levelling has become difficult because the maps you can manage don't give xp so, you have to rely on dailies which is quite disheartening and dare I say, boring. There..I said it anyway. If anyone hasn't fallen asleep reading this and has had a better experience, without using their main character's stash or purchasing plat, then well done. 🙂

P.S. Please refrain from calling new players nabs. Those who have seen fit to have treated my "new" character with contempt have been deleted from my main character's fl and put on ignore. I was quite surprised at how many so-called respectful endgamers have been removed. Suffice to say, my new character no longer exists. Take care and Seasonal Greetings. 🎄