Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Early Game Experience Feedback Request

1.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Default Early Game Experience Feedback Request

Hey folks,

We're working on some more lifestyle features (improved crafting, quests, and a couple of other things) but we are also taking a look at the early game.

From your perspective, what are the most challenging things for new players? What are the most frustrating parts of the game that you have run into?

Thanks, and have a great weekend!

- g
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

ok

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dex Putra For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

^_^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Hey folks,

We're working on some more lifestyle features (improved crafting, quests, and a couple of other things) but we are also taking a look at the early game.

From your perspective, what are the most challenging things for new players? What are the most frustrating parts of the game that you have run into?

- g
    I believe the most frustrating part is that after ydra forest there isn’t really a guide like there was for bracken-ridge and what not. And gold farming between 40-50 is rough very rough. The last gear the game gives you is lvl 40 maybe a lvl 45 would help. Pets too! Maybe give a pet for reaching lvl 40

Respect Is Earned, Money isn't

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lunarpvp For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Default Early Game Experience Feedback Request

Mm farming?? Having good gears for higher map lvl. And also lvling..

Ow and i think add some stats to those lootable gears in low lvl like lvl 20-45. Cuz its hard for new players to get a better gears in that lvl to grind higher maps for lvl and gold And yes better companions...

Im excited to that improved crafting and some other things thingy .thank you devs ^_^ ..

Last edited by jade10; 09-21-2018 at 03:28 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Hey folks,

- g
    can u add armor holder for house ..! and fr next hallowen can u stop recolouring ..!

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts

I don’t know...I liked the earlier versions of the game, where there were like 4 maps, maybe 5, and one constant boss to fight at the end. (Like ydra, backenbridge, tindrin.) The last place y’all created that did that was I think glint or rengol, but then everything started being dungeons and more dungeons that take literally FOREVER to complete. Idk abt most ppl but I don’t have enough time to sit down and try to beat to the finish. What I mean r maps such as maus 1-6 and Festerfang.
    I would add gold drops. Y’all kind of took care of that but they’re gosh darn expensive to purchase gold loot items that new folks still have trouble getting gold.
    Dunno if that made any sense lol.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tippertwo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Hi G, but I stopped playing when things forced me to be locked out. I stopped playing when things were hard to obtain and forced the team aspect "Tindrin" was the breaking point. then graveyard and all the overpowered enemies. This also happened to PL and was very discouraging to keep playing, It was imposed that we had to deal with it, I stopped because even my low end gear couldn't compete. Look at auction and all the costly gear in the millions. That's what discourages new players is the cost of items.

A liner story would help, and not just for new players..but old ones that actually spend money with you guys. (From A-Z not "A to yarda forest" like luna pointed out)
    I know gold, items, and effort are rewarded with more time you put in. but many mobile games are losing the aspect of the "pick up and play" notion this isnt world of warcraft. and theres so many things you dont know where to start....and you just get lost even after a few months not playing XD.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

13. The Following User Says Thank You to octavos For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

.Add fireworks animation whenever a new player completes one of those starter quests at the beginning of the game which holds gear pieces, eg. "Friendzone robe"

.New Players who finish the ydra quests earn an untradeable and unstashable unlocked crate of the watch that pulls 2 items and everything in that locked is untradeable and unstashble.

.Bosses for new low level players have a chance to drop an untradeable & unstashable chest containing 5,000 Gold.

.Reward new low level players with an untradeble and unstashable Vanity set with special particle effects that can only be obtained when completing a specific achievement.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

.Make a special mini boss spawn in low level normal maps that has a chance at dropping an unlocked crate that has 2 free pulls and everything in that locked is also untradeble and unstasble

.Everytime you log into the game you get a special message saying "Check out the arcane legends forums (Link provided)"

.Add a mini game in a towns tavern that you have to score points to earn a reward that's untradeable and unstashable

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Flamesofanger For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

.Give new low level players who reach Lv52 a small sample chest that contains 2,500 XP point's and you stop receiving those chests once you hit Lv62.

.Make a portal randomly spawn after you kill a boss in a low level zone for new players that teleports you to a bonus map that you have to open sparkly chests that give's small XP and have a chance to drop some attractive legendary weapons with particle effects and a nice looking pet eg, a small cute golem.

.Give new low level player's a small fancy house for rent that expires after 5 days.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Flamesofanger For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flamesofanger View Post
    .Add fireworks animation whenever a new player completes one of those starter quests at the beginning of the game which holds gear pieces, eg. "Friendzone robe"

.New Players who finish the ydra quests earn an untradeable and unstashable unlocked crate of the watch that pulls 2 items and everything in that locked is untradeable and unstashble.

.Bosses for new low level players have a chance to drop an untradeable & unstashable chest containing 5,000 Gold.

.Reward new low level players with an untradeble and unstashable Vanity set with special particle effects that can only be obtained when completing a specific achievement.
    OMG YES!!! Like small side quests that arent that difficult and help institute them on farming!!

Eg:

Kill 1000 enemies - Helmet of Truth
    Kill 2000 enemies - Chestplate of Savagery
    Kill 3000 enemies Dagger/Sword/Bow/Staff/Gun of Brutality

Also for bosses:

Kill 10 Bosses: 10k, legendary pet, 50 story tokens etc

Respect Is Earned, Money isn't

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Lunarpvp For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Just gold only gold.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

.Give new low level players an elixir chest that buffs all your stats by 50% and the elixir expires after 7 days

.Make a small golden hen have low chance spawn at a low level zone for low level players that you have to chase the golden hen and kill it and when it dies it explodes with golden coins everywhere and the fireworks animation plays and the new player loots some gold and the amount of gold is random

.Add a message when you log into the game saying "Please contact spacetime studios support if you're having any trouble"

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Flamesofanger For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

4 years ago you could join a map and it would be full. Now as a low level player you pretty much have to run solo which feels lonely and difficult. Even end game gets that way at times. Have maps scale to the amount of players in a map or rewards increase for less players in the map. And please add anything else that will help with maps filling properly.
    It's like I'm being punished for not having friends and creating parties! Lol. What can I say, a lot of times I just want to play solo but the game punishes you for that.

I have a lot more to say but for now that's my two cents.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to thekragle For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

.Add a new social tab in the menu interface that has a list of many guilds that you can join if you're guildless and you can send a guild an application of request to join the guild.

.Whenever a player kills at least 5 mobs there will be a combo countdown on the top right corner of the screen just below the notification box that says for example "Absolute destruction" and the combo counter has a splattering sound effect and visual effect.

.Give new low level players an arcane weapon that expires after 5 days making the weapon disappear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Gold is a big issue in the early levels. I remember that I would just die--instead of using pots--in order to save gold. Saving 5k for gear is out of the question (especially at the rate you level early on). Maybe increase the gold loot dropped by mobs a bit (say double or triple it). I'd say up to Tindirin+.

There needs to be some sort of guide in each town that has tabs to explain what was in the initial post about the expansion and all changes that are made throughout the expansion. The forums only has the expansion guide and the rest is in pieces, which is difficult to keep up with if you're not following each step of the way. For example, someone yesterday (a person who most would consider pro player) thought that tainted set still has insta kill.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

I feel the problem is the excesive amount of xp needed. Even if you dont know what you are doing, its very easy to level up from 1-40. The problem is after you hit the 40 range, maps become more difficult and currently there are little to no players in the 40-60 range. This makes leveling extremely difficult for beginners, especially since the only good stuff is at end game. Unless you are willing to shell out alot of real world money, leveling is not only far too hard (imo) but also very boring.

I feel there should be a better way to "fast level" after the expansion has been out for a couple of weeks. Let people grind xp and experience the new maps for awhile, but then let new players/people who dont have time to grind xp have an easy, fast way to join endgame people. I feel like the xp gap is a major turn off for not only new people but for the "casual" player. Just my opinion.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Korabiv For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

.The NPC at the tavern in windmoore at the start of the game gives you a special grand cake that explodes and gives everyone near the cake some potions and ankh's, this cake can only be obtained after the beginners quest as an appreciation gift for joining the arcane legends community

.Give players a daily raffle chest that resets after 24hours in the store that is free and gives you crafting materials for special pets and vanities.

.Give new low level players a small untradeble and unstashable jewel chest that can drop cracked jewels until superb jewels that are also untradeable

and unstashable and once slotted into a weapon the weapon becomes bound with the jewels rendering the weapon untradeable and unstashable, there will be a warning text in

the jewels description letting you know about it's special usage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Just some suggestions on how to keep new players hooked and enjoy the experience

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Flamesofanger For This Useful Post: