Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Early Game Experience Feedback Request

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

with the gear you get through the chests at low level your mana is incredibly low. you need three mana potions for just one aimed shot. tanks have low mana as well and even mages get low on mana. new players would rather keep using autoattack and stop using skills that way, which is no fun at all and boring to play. skills taking less mana at low level would help

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Please allow us 1 free pve and 1 free pvp loadout. Spending so much gold just to respec and one quick pvp round discourages me to enter pvp. I'm sure lots of other people are in this boat.

Somehow, please allow us to swap jewels from our pvp and pve sets for free and instantly. There are so many sets in this game its so expensive to jewel all of them especially when having a pvp and pve set.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ravager For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Hi G ...
    Well since am in game almost from day One-ish ^_^ ... Since first lvl up quest xp line came we tried all to give a solution to new players to lvl up to our lvl ... and every now than i myself give xp chest for free to them and tbh xp events all around... But i see they trouble with gears as few more said... last gear they get is lvl 40 and tbh stats for them in etc garetta glintstone are op bad almost instant die and i know they can from quest recieve 50 100k gold etc but still for new player is in mind to save and try to even reach end game ... maybe some gear lvl 45 n 50 would be good for them same chest with potions for them and ..... I THINK (pls no drama ).. i think @JustG only for new created accounts u should add promo or that chest or prize etc to get new pet or some sort of good pve pet nice stats and aa for free but not in egg shape ... its pretty good encouragment for them i think ...that way none cant be used for granted to resell or so but still can help them ^/^ just my opinion !! <3

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

so the main important thing in game before Hydra was maus wch required pulling stuff made terror sword expensive but np wars having great time ,yet again u guys made spirit weps to pull stuff but there is only 1 new map wch is festerfang swamp that got mobs m'y point is adding 1 more raid zone that got mobs and gold drops ofc that is going to make wars and mages usefull again while rogues can go to what they préfer since its there meta just to mâke stuff balanced again and satisfy other classes .

Your call to make stuff better fo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

New players do not have gold to buy anything good.

1. let first 100 bosses all over Arlor drop 10k gold (fix) for each new player. That mean 100x 10k= 1mil or
    2. create new achievment each 10 lvl with gold reward, lvl 10 (200k), lvl 20 (200k), lvl 30 (200k), lvl 40 (200K) up to lvl 50 (200k) giving player mentioned 1 mil gold.

Of course, this needs to be described somewhere in tutorial, that they receive 1 mil gold from killing bosses/ lvling up. I think, that 1 mil gold is a good starting budget.
    Last edited by Marosok; 09-21-2018 at 06:07 PM. Reason: Too many ideas.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Marosok For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Marosok View Post
    New players do not have gold to buy anything good.

1. let first 100 bosses all over Arlor drop 10k gold (fix) for each new player. That mean 100x 10k= 1mil or
    2. create new achievment each 10 lvl with gold reward, lvl 10 (200k), lvl 20 (200k), lvl 30 (200k), lvl 40 (200K) up to lvl 50 (200k) giving player mentioned 1 mil gold.

Of course, this needs to be described somewhere in tutorial, that they receive 1 mil gold from killing bosses/ lvling up. I think, that 1 mil gold is a good starting budget.
    No no no -1x10^99999. Lol this will get abused so badly. No no no no no. Imagine just making 50 chars and transferring it to your main thats 50m. Lol no no no no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Respect Is Earned, Money isn't

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Lunarpvp For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Gold maybe u can make every mobs/boss drop more gold. For lower lvl it is very hard to get gold. It even beneficial for high lvl player also so that they dont spend 24/7 farm hydra for gold

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Add a mercenary system
    U can invite one of ur friends to your party even if its offline..and u can chose it to be a defender or attacker...so you can add a high level character and assist u in hard map that is empty...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Froze.Exe For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

I started a bunch of toons recently and am taking 3 of them to level 61.

I actually try to get xp only via zone clearing, since esp at the beginning, leveling is so fast that I would outgrow the zones too fast if I get xp from quests as well. In addition, leveling w/ quests makes the current zone much less useful in terms of equips. For example, I can level in Kraken at L30 but but the max equip level for Golden Pirate Chests is L26. Maybe a message in zone about the level of equips in that zone, or have the levels of the equips in the chests match the level +- 2 of the player, up to the max level of the xp for that zone. Or maybe on the World Map, there can be more information for each zone about what bosses drop.

I think somewhere around L40-50, new players run into trouble completing quests because the previous leveling was so fast. Some of the Kraken bosses I think give them trouble, as well as Nordr.

Not sure that they need much gold or to buy anything until L40-50 due to the free equips and pots they all get till then. Once the chests are only every 10 levels, it does get a bit more challenging, esp since this is also about when they encounter Nordr, where pots become more of a necessity. Maybe a few zone completion quests that award pots?

Also around L30-L50, I start looking for people to give my stuff to but many of them (most?) do not have trading opened, because they can get to L50 within a few hours, vs a few days to enable trading. Perhaps enable trading if they reach Kraag and are L20? Or make this a quest reward for Dead City or Nordr-1 or Nordr-2 completion?

Also, maybe around L30, gift them 25 inventory, since my other problem is inability to gift them endless tra...um...fantastic items! But seriously I would love to give them pinks/blues I won't use, eggs I won't use, extra whatevers I might have that'd be cool to gift a new player. Maybe use a Nordr quest to do this.

As an aside, the new super common Klaas eggs has been a good response to beggars: someone begs, I give them like 10 Klaas eggs haha. Only problem is the beggars have disappeared. So sad!

Oh yeah, old low level toons don't get the free equips. I have no clue whether they ought to get the free chest New Player series but maybe they should, since they could be returning players who never made it very far. I personally do not find that to be a problem, but it's something I have noticed since 2 of my future L61s are old L10, L25 characters.

Also, I do not remember seeing a message about Skill Masteries, once one can do this. When people can do awakens on equips, there should also be a message about this and maybe an award of 5 awaken gems to get them started. Or the information could be when they first craft an Awaken Gem Kit - what level they can use this for, for enhancing certain of their equips.

Last edited by Fyrce; 09-21-2018 at 08:03 PM.

Star light, star bright...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Fyrce For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Froze.Exe View Post
    Add a mercenary system
    U can invite one of ur friends to your party even if its offline..and u can chose it to be a defender or attacker...so you can add a high level character and assist u in hard map that is empty...
    And also keep giving advance pack tel level 50 including 20 untreadble elite awakening gem for them to experience how fun and addicting to use awakening gem on item..they can only use this gem to there level 50 untreadble item to avoid exploiter..

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

I've observed new players, and how they go with the flow, then be hindered by something.

The gameplay in Windmoore to Travelors is fine, up until that they're clueless where to get the Permit, I made a new toon to see why they couldn't find, and notice that the game doesn't tell them or isn't part of the introduction. I see lv40-50 players still w/o Permits, shouting in towns where to get them.

Permit really Isolated the players, 3days would let players think that the game just takes so long to progress, mostly makes them quit just like that. A suggestion is to unlock the permit upon entering Kraag, fix the introduction system, either add more specific instructions or update the current, up until Tindirin. Just so that players would know the potential of AL.

Gold is another problem, just like what others have said, new players rather die to use their gold on pots, 1 solution is giving decent gold incentives when doing new quests on maps. Or update the loot table on the drops, or advancement chest for better gears such that they won't die too often.

Important suggestion also is have Gustav follow them from windmoore to probably Tindirin aswell, let Gustav help them with Quests, Tips, necessary instructions and even help them fight enemies. Receiving gold/gears from Gustav if players have done it correctly.

Problems with this is the difficulty to implement, and also Gustav died in Ydra, so probabaly a quest in Dead City that would revive him, and encourage the player further progress through up until Tindirin. But if this is pulled off nicely, it solves the loneliness, and the feeling of boredom progressing the game.

My generalizations, is just give new players the easiest task of leveling, gear progression, and their possesion of updated pets/Items, just so that they'll be ready at endgame. As suppose to let them grind up until lv60, just to see them suffer seeing how hard it is to survive endgame w/o boredom or loneliness.

We're happy that you're focusing, and giving importance to the new players, so please deliver the best ways into representing the whole games potential to them, as this will predict the furture of Al.

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Rauitri; 09-23-2018 at 07:54 AM.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rauitri For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Add a newly fresh server that best for starters for a clean community no op players all starters are in the same state and of course plat user have a lil bit advantage, Add game graphics quality from low to high for massive fights purposes, and add Raid for all levels and map so the loot from raid is able to craft a gear that sustain specific levels and boss or pvp 3 times a day raid and 6 times if buy extra entrance using platinum, make auction auto price so no over pricing, add ladder pvp for gold reward and arena for exp reward, so the game is enjoyable and accessable everyday and not being boring to reach the level cap step by step and lasty Add Guild Raid PvP two guilds are need to fight in the exact area of the Raid Giant Boss its a war zone so two guild are fighting each other while boss is invulnerable messing up in the fight in that case add a target that you can choose you want to attack for non aoe skill so the winning team and kill all the opponent have now chance to kill the giant boss and earn a massive prize for the guild its time for a best teamplay a support, a tanker, the assassin.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

First, thanks a lot for your continuous effort on the game.
    About frustrating things: empty maps and no clear guideline on what to do could be the 2 keypoints.
    My opinion is that people needs to run map with other players.
    Find a way to give the opportunity to join a map where other people are and time for players will fly!
    Fun is the key, and running not solo is fun

About guideline or what to do: a reminder for Minstrel Quest, a reminder of “follow story quests” , or simply a text section “tips for your current level” could be useful.
    If there would be a competition for stupidity, I would be second. Cause I’m stupid

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    165 Posts

Increase basic character's movement speed(at least 50% more)

Increase main quests gold and exp rewards( rather have new people lvl up SUPER quick, its not enough even with buffs that have been added)

Give new players a decent egg for free, id rather have the new guys get like a nightshade type egg by lvl 25 or so, for doing a fairly simple quest.

I havent made a new char in a while but are there any repeatable quests from lvl 20-50? There should be a lesser version of the orc quests.

Trade permit should auto unlock at lvl 25 or so, i think you've killed off more legit players than non with this. 3 days is reasonable i agree, some ppl would rather go for 4-6 hours and get to X lvl than wait 3 days.

I agree with the guys that say locks should ONLY drop in kraken mines and kraag tombs, just do it, it will bring the new ppl together and allow them to make some peanuts. End gamers wont touch it i can assure u.

Offer a party bonus of exp(make ppl connect, thus helping them help you). 4 person pt should get extra exp(trying to attract new ppl right..? Thos would not hurt 85% plus of the players)

At this point G , let these few new players PLOW through the first 50 levels, whats it going to hurt? We want end gamers and let them put in the work at the end.

Increase boltags chest quests reward, like add a zero to the 7.8k lol, it may have been fine before, thats nothing in todays market.

At something to elite runner chests(anything that will draw ppl to farm, make it mid range rare and specifically for a certain lvl range(mid-high lvl , not to low

Part of a post i made on a similar thread. Still think most of this would be helpful to newbies.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to PostNoob For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

Empty maps for new players? Change lvl range from +3 to + 10 at low lvl (until lvl 60) with mobs scaled to player with lowest lvl on map. Scale xp gain to player with highest lvl on map. (help everyone)
    Show + stats from pet eggs (their HB) in auction when you press "show stats". (help everyone)
    Forget about my 1 mil to new player and do this: 50 story tokens = 50k gold chest. (help everyone)
    Increase gold rewards from quests. (help everyone)
    Since mythic pets are common, give them 1 for free (replace 3 old pets with 3 mythic) (help new players)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Hello Arlorians
    1.Like I said in one of my previous threads, CINEMATICS MOTIVATE A LOT!!
    The satisfaction I got by killing Bael with my friends and then seeing King Mardom was immesurable. I had never felt so motivated in a game before.
    Since that questline everything became dull and with time as I did the next maps with their short written stories. Even if they were very nicely written I never felt that connection again. Now that I am lvl71 I look back and see that after that point I had to struggle a lot and ask other people how to be good at the game now? and thankfully they adivised me with what gems to use for my character and where to put skill points in.
    If cinematics and tips were in-game I think I would've have enjoyed it more.
    2. The game is very GOLD ORIENTED
    If you see in my last point that if new players are guided with interesting questline and cinematics they wont be depressed seeing the cost of good items and the grind to lvlup would be fun. I have many friends who stopped at lvl61 as the dailies grind is too much for them. If there was something that could motivate them to do it except the gold loot in the end with hydra. I think biggeners would truly be thankful for the game experience. Now I stop this post otherwise I would just keep going on and on. If others have and constructive ideas towards this that are truly practical then please post.

My views on other's posts-------Gold rewards are exploitable, the only way this game can be more enjoyable is by having more cinematics and lessening the tedious gring to endlvl by maybe giving high xp quests and buffing the story tokens from the vendor. Also an introduction to the auction system of arlor would be very appreciated.
    Thanks
    ign: Sometacoz

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sometacoz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sometacoz View Post
    Hello Arlorians
    1.Like I said in one of my previous threads, CINEMATICS MOTIVATE A LOT!!
    The satisfaction I got by killing Bael with my friends and then seeing King Mardom was immesurable. I had never felt so motivated in a game before.
    Since that questline everything became dull and with time as I did the next maps with their short written stories. Even if they were very nicely written I never felt that connection again. Now that I am lvl71 I look back and see that after that point I had to struggle a lot and ask other people how to be good at the game now? and thankfully they adivised me with what gems to use for my character and where to put skill points in.
    If cinematics and tips were in-game I think I would've have enjoyed it more.
    2. The game is very GOLD ORIENTED
    If you see in my last point that if new players are guided with interesting questline and cinematics they wont be depressed seeing the cost of good items and the grind to lvlup would be fun. I have many friends who stopped at lvl61 as the dailies grind is too much for them. If there was something that could motivate them to do it except the gold loot in the end with hydra. I think biggeners would truly be thankful for the game experience. Now I stop this post otherwise I would just keep going on and on. If others have and constructive ideas towards this that are truly practical then please post.

My views on other's posts-------Gold rewards are exploitable, the only way this game can be more enjoyable is by having more cinematics and lessening the tedious gring to endlvl by maybe giving high xp quests and buffing the story tokens from the vendor. Also an introduction to the auction system of arlor would be very appreciated.
    Thanks
    ign: Sometacoz
    Yes cinematics motivated me a lot too
    YO MAMA SO FAT THANOS HAD TO SNAP TWICE!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    165 Posts

Dreamscape is also a problem, no one wants to farm there yet thats where the best exp for those levels are. To me, dreamacape is/should be scrapped and exp rewards should extend to higher/lower levels around that lvl. Maybe make a repeatable exp quest in Somber for this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I tried to level a toon and i was always alone in every map. No help cause a lot guilds want no low lv in guild. So i fighted my way up alone and lonely. Come to outpost and need tombs. Fine, alone again.

The level up work fast, yes. Until lv 50. But...if u have not an alt for gold, u have bad stats, dont know where to go, what to do. How to buy.

Starter need something to motivate them. Maybe better eggs for example. In every town i see more and more high lv begging. And i understand this. Reach lv 56 and cant do glint caverns cause Stats are horrible. But when u look for gear, prices so high for a good wep, u cant afford. And very often u still alone in maps

Idk how many mages i bought a flame with glintcoins. They cant farm alone so much coins. Why? Cause always empty maps.

They cant loot enough gold for good gear, for good pets. So they have only low chance to get a guild. And so they stand in town for begging. For pets, for guild, for gold, for help.

Give them untradeable gear for help them lv up and dont stop it until they reached chancel. From there they should be able to make gold.

And i wish more pple, so we all, would help them in maps and dont call them nab.

Reaching a high lv is not hard cause xp, imo. It seems hard to me cause they left to much alone. I felt not motivated to go to endgame with my alt. This is a mmorpg. If i want play alone i play diablo.

New player need more and better gear, one or two good pets, more explain how game work and they really need a team in maps.

Maybe a beginnerguild or something like that.
    A guild who can help explain and help with maps.

Iam strict against more golddrops. This would only help make prices more high and then new player still cant get better gear.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to eleasah For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Till level 40:
    As everyone mentioned trading permit is a big problem.
    And
    Biggest frustration is "Quest log"
    It won't tell exactly which area you have to run or missing. It will just throw you in related expansion.
    Like "talk to the ghost (forgotten warrior something)/ space between and ofcos " Letters from keren" even after leveling 25+ toons to level 40+ completing these letters is frustrating.

After level 40:
    Leveling slows down, your leveling F1 car is now a bicycle,
    All mobs are tough and you need huge money for mythic arcanes which you don't have and won't have until you gets level 60.

Its like first get experience for job, and get a job to get experience.
    No pro parties, be prepared for a expected solo run(in party run)

So just keep farming elite war crates for money(if luckily someone gave you this tip) and daily xp quests for leveling .. Making level 46-60 a huge time without much fun.
    And this whole thing happen without making any friends. I.e. lonlyness

I wish to have Kraken mines active ... They were a solution for low level money problems and they were a really nice player to learn fighting skills and making lots of new friends. Friends makes game interesting and easy.
    Last edited by Majin; 09-22-2018 at 11:05 AM.