Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Early Game Experience Feedback Request

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Revive kraken mines, Arena , egg farming (add some higher rarity with blue dragon pet) increase drop rates of elite war chests and let low levels craft mythic sets,
    Let new players have a similar experience as players from 2014-15 had.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Why no drop locked from km3 ?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Current crates are worth 400g, and they don't contain anything valuable. So think twice of bringing them back in km3.

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Rauitri; 09-22-2018 at 11:54 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Rauitri For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

off topic:

add a map without pots available where pure skill is everythig. where all classes are needed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

For me the issue is that the game doesn't really start until you reach cap level. You start playing and basically there is no other main objective than to level to end game, and there is no source of entertainment along the way.

To me a more intricate string of quests would be a great solution, with level appropriate gear as a reward, eventually bringing the new player to 5 levels below cap with a good piece of gear in every slot and a decent pet. The same way "old" players begin every expansion.

I've played other games where I came in with a high cap and the journey from beginning to cap is kept alive by the ability to level by moving from quest to quest. The two are very different in terms of leading players to end game:

1. Finish the handful of story quests. Log on and just keep repeating the same maps until next area. Repeat. Map repetition becomes longer and longer the higher level you get plus you start to fall behind on gear and get into bad option habits as you don't have the gold for either.

2. Led quest to quest with xp and gear as reward; complete southern seas; need to build X weapon to drive out bloodhammer; collect 50 arrowheads from archers. Once complete collect 50 ammunition from barrels. Then we need 25 weapon plans from kraken bosses. Lets explore; find the kraken mines and explore for treasure on each of the 3 locations - find map fragments in the mines to unlock the other two locations. Treasure map indicates that here lies an ancient helm.

By the time you finish the intricate Kraken isles quest line you are naturally lead into entering nordr and so on until you reach 5 levels below cap where you should arrive equipped with decent untraceable legendary gear obtained from quests, and be directed on how to progress to cap using the newest content.

For further insight maybe have a case study group start a new character and document how far they get before giving up

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dalmony For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    516 Posts

Well I did reply and it went to moderator. It was..in my opinion.. a good post but never mind. Thanks for starting this thread though, it has some sensible ideas that aren't all about gold and more about content. I think the post by Fyrce is constructive, I just threw in a few more ideas but after all the previous typing I did, which was in no way offensive or rude..it even had a smiley face and may have been useful, especially the signpost to auction, the tutorial for trader's permit, egg drops, the egg crates in story quest being obsolete and some other stuff I have now forgotten, I'm going off to get some lunch. Have a good day. 🙂. P.S. Dalmony's post is constructive too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Xp sistem from level 1 to 50 now work very good but xp sistem for pets isn't that good. For example u reach lv 50 and ur pet are only at lv 20. Make leveling a pets easier until lv 50. That also encourage people to buy new ones. Current situation is few pet high lv rest lv 0

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    516 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Majin View Post
    Revive kraken mines, Arena , egg farming (add some higher rarity with blue dragon pet) increase drop rates of elite war chests and let low levels craft mythic sets,
    Let new players have a similar experience as players from 2014-15 had.
    Oops didn't see your post, must have missed it. I like it, especially the mythic sets.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Susanne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Though I think everything I can think of has been said on forums previously I do appreciate sts trying to cater to newer players and helping the game become thriving again Good job devs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Sometimes when I level my alts, I actually just use equips I find. This generally works perfectly well until around L40s, when I find it's useful to get like 3-5 weak jewels, check my ring and necklace and upgrade my pet. The free equips work until there are no more chests, although I do look in chests and auction about every few levels, just to see if there is anything cheap I can upgrade to. I limit my equip spending, until I get to the level I want, to no more than 1k gold per item. Chests I spend no more than about 500g per chest. There is no point in spending a lot of gold for stuff I will switch out.

Today, I would also pick up a cheap artifact and of course, maybe an awaken item w/ my primary stat.

In the past, I have limited my alts just to equips I find from mob drops and chests I drop. I also prohibit myself from using my Stash. It seems to work well until around L30s/40s, though yes, it is a bit more difficult than a toon with trading available and endless stash available.

I think around Nordr is where killing is noticeably slower and moving forward more difficult.

Jewels such as damage and a good pet help a lot around L30s/L40s. Perhaps some kind of dialog about damage/stat jewels and advice about how to go about hunting for such eggs like Ribbit and Malison. Most people level so fast these days, they never hunt for Ribbit or Malison, which are great stat pets for those mid-levels. Most current players have never hunted in maps for good pet eggs.

It actually does not help new players to get advice from your usual player, because all those players just advise getting Nekro or some other expensive pet and buying like dragon staff, completely unrealistic for a new player. A mid-level pink pet that drops in the maps and normal pink equips is perfectly fine for normal leveling and pve killing within their level. Most players no longer know how to hunt for pink egg drops in maps and do not bother getting them. They would much rather just get the eggs from auction or trade and that is what they advise the new players, i.e. get trade.

Since I did not start completely new accounts, I do not know about the traders' permit dialog, but there should be one. People should also always get Shazbot's free gift. The chances are good that there will be 10 Story Tokens.

The more I think about how much content in the maps is no longer used - hunting for pink boss drops, hunting for egg drops, hunting for chest drops - the more I think maybe the traders permit should return to being a barrier. Instead of awarding the traders' permit earlier, perhaps more dialog on where to hunt for x or y. Kraken has some beautiful drops that I often hunt for alone. For those people complaining about low levels not having gold, many of those items to hunt for actually can bring in quite a bit of gold (once they get trade enabled), except of course, almost no one hunts them.

New players get their xp, level to 50+ and never know that much of the stuff in auction or that they require to play the game is free in the zones for time investment.

Anyways, just another thought.

I suppose if all people care about is endgame, which right now is swamps, then why not just insta-level to endgame? Otherwise, it would be good to have some dialog that hint at hunting for various things in the various maps. I don't think anything tells new players about the arcane weapons chests, that jewel crafting, awaken kit crafting can be an ok income, about various eggs, various equips. I am not even sure whether there is clear dialog about skill masteries, equip awakens, pet egg slotting, and the different types of jewels unless you check in auction (after getting the trader's permit).

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Id agree to some other replies, try to make or add a catchier Storyline, after Dead City there is no real connection between the Citys/Maps, like ok u travel from Nordr to Shuyal with the Gleipnir but thats it. Tbh i was lost aswell at the beginning of the game, but luckily i played with some friends so we didnt give up that fast, but thats the point. Many Players sure start solo and get bored or either confused and just quit the game. Deleted and Forgotten

regards,

Oldnewzeus

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Hey folks,

We're working on some more lifestyle features (improved crafting, quests, and a couple of other things) but we are also taking a look at the early game.

From your perspective, what are the most challenging things for new players? What are the most frustrating parts of the game that you have run into?

Thanks, and have a great weekend!

- g
    Hi G,

I think the game currently is all about gold. Sets and the better gears in-game are very expensive to be purchased by someone who has just started playing the game. And farming gold is next to impossible at lower levels, so somewhere between level 50-65ish you hit a wall, struggling to level up. To be honest I was very bored of doing the dailies to level up because they were very monotonous and repetitive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

first of all add lvl50advancment pack since most poeple can get to lvl50 before getting traders permit give them a daily log in reward for the first week
    day1:10k gold
    day2:10k gold
    day3:10k gold
    day4: 2 untradable awakening gems
    day5:a random legendary egg(untradable)
    day6:5k xp chest(untradable)
    day7:20k gold
    and aswell give players for each 15levels(after level30) 100potion packs
    make it so once you reach a new city fireworks blow up giving you 25%reduced damage elixir
    25%damage elixir
    (both untradable and last for 20mins)
    make it so once your level50 you gain a
    untradble ankh kit and once your level 61 make it so you a get a level 61 congratulations pack that contains
    500mana/hp potions
    30k gold
    3 awakening gem kits
    1 elite awakening gem kit(untradable)
    and make it more clear to begginers that you get trader permit by story tokens
    sorry if my english is bad

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dapizzaninja View Post
    first of all add lvl50advancment pack since most poeple can get to lvl50 before getting traders permit give them a daily log in reward for the first week
    day1:10k gold
    day2:10k gold
    day3:10k gold
    day4: 2 untradable awakening gems
    day5:a random legendary egg(untradable)
    day6:5k xp chest(untradable)
    day7:20k gold
    and aswell give players for each 15levels(after level30) 100potion packs
    make it so once you reach a new city fireworks blow up giving you 25%reduced damage elixir
    25%damage elixir
    (both untradable and last for 20mins)
    make it so once your level50 you gain a
    untradble ankh kit and once your level 61 make it so you a get a level 61 congratulations pack that contains
    500mana/hp potions
    30k gold
    3 awakening gem kits
    1 elite awakening gem kit(untradable)
    and make it more clear to begginers that you get trader permit by story tokens
    sorry if my english is bad
    I like this idea ..+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oldnewzeus View Post
    Id agree to some other replies, try to make or add a catchier Storyline, after Dead City there is no real connection between the Citys/Maps, like ok u travel from Nordr to Shuyal with the Gleipnir but thats it. Tbh i was lost aswell at the beginning of the game, but luckily i played with some friends so we didnt give up that fast, but thats the point. Many Players sure start solo and get bored or either confused and just quit the game. Deleted and Forgotten

regards,

Oldnewzeus
    Glad you confirm that playing not solo is one of the key points
    I insist on my idea that if Sts find a way to “group” people in the same map, or to show if a map is not empty (so you can join someone) beginners would have fun playing whatever equip they have
    If there would be a competition for stupidity, I would be second. Cause I’m stupid

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    165 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xxkayakxx View Post
    Glad you confirm that playing not solo is one of the key points
    I insist on my idea that if Sts find a way to “group” people in the same map, or to show if a map is not empty (so you can join someone) beginners would have fun playing whatever equip they have
    Yes, a game list (much like Pocket legends) would be awesome for players old and new!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

I agree about the solo nature of early gameplay being off-putting. When I first started the cap was 21 and every town was full of people at the same stage and near in level to me. I easily found a guild filled with chatter about best places to level, people to run quests and farm with etc and the bonds I formed are ultimately what lead me to stay.

Obviously that's the nature of a new game is everyone is at the start together. But finding a way to recreate this would be huge in keeping new players.

Maybe having different instances of towns for different level bands would help. EG when a sub level 25 enters travellers outpost he would find it full of other low level players which would create a new to game banter and help people find groups to run content with.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dalmony For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

That annoying hercules bug stun (sentinel) every hit a stun also take too much damage in elite is impossible walk without die easy even in lv 71 they do high damage. Is a pain as a mage survive in this map even being lv 71.
    imagine in this signature Something motivational that make no sense but people like to write

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    149 Posts

When gold loot is taken away from Hydra :-D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    936 Posts

The biggest challenge for new players is the length of time it takes to cap and the journey along the way to get there.

There are a whopping 71 levels in AL. The first 41 or so are a breeze because of all the campaign quests and daily quests you complete in a linear fashion. However, after the campaign reaches a certain point, your only options are completing 15 minutes worth of daily quests and logging off until the next day, or repetitively grinding minuscule amounts of xp in old dungeons with worthless loot that you'd be lucky to find another player running the maps, until you become one of the few "new players" to actually reach the cap and be ill-equipped to participate in the end-game content.

"But bro, the daily quests give you so much XP, you can reach cap in no-time" Yes, the daily quests do give a lot of XP. And yes, they are totally worth it. But after you complete them in 15-20 minutes, then what? You can either grind the same campaign maps for incredibly low amounts of XP, or you can log off, enjoy life, and come back the next day to do the same dailies, which would require you - as a completely new player unfamiliar with STS who chose AL over the many other MMOs on the market - to keep your interest in AL over the course of a couple of weeks until you can finally reach the cap.

Or, if you are one of those people who decide to grind XP in the campaign maps, you are lucky if you can find other actual people (not bots) around your level who are also actively grinding XP in the same maps. All while wearing the same junk legendaries you got 15 levels ago with a Deary or Cerella fighting by your side, dying constantly because you are running old end-game maps alone and under-geared that were originally designed to give well-geared parties a challenge.

Even the tombs, which used to be the go-to places for xp grinding, are completely dead because of the focus-shift from tomb farming to campaign map farming. And the removal of crates from Kraken Mines, which is the whole reason i made it from Lvl 46 to 56 a few seasons ago, makes it hard to find the balance between leveling up and making the game enjoyable and profitable.

So, in short, the journey from 41 to cap is very boring and does very little to prepare you for what lies ahead in the end-game content if you even manage to get that far.

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zylx For This Useful Post: