Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Early Game Experience Feedback Request

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

LOL.... I did not know this thread existed....... So I guess i'll post something..... LOL........

Quote Originally Posted by Lunarpvp View Post
    after ydra forest there isn’t really a guide.
    Yeah... I'm leveling an ALT and even an experienced Arlorian like myself becomes easily "thrown off" or "lost" when trying to keep up with the story and quest lines... It kind of "discombobulates" me and leaves me saying to myself: "God... Time to take a break from this for a minute/today"..... I recently "just" completed the "smash the artifact" quest in Dead City (I was LVL 40 something at the time and already onto Tindirin).......

Quote Originally Posted by octavos View Post
    A linear story would help.
    "Ditto my post above"

Quote Originally Posted by thekragle View Post
    Now as a low level player you pretty much have to run solo which feels lonely and difficult.
    It's like I'm being punished for not having friends and creating parties!
    The early on "loneliness" can be very discouraging for new players because, with a complete "lack" of "Arlor Know-How", It's easy to feel "left out" and "like a nab that nobody wants to play with", which is a good way to lead to "DELETION"

Name:  3d72rhV.jpg
Views: 389
Size:  20.6 KB

LOL...........

Quote Originally Posted by Pxoo View Post
    at low level your mana is incredibly low. you need three mana potions for just one aimed shot.
    LOL...... Rogue needs a better mana option early on...... Nothing more frustrating than "skill attack combos" being "interrupted" due to a need to "replenish" mana.... GRRRRRR..... Another "thorn in the foot" that makes you say to yourself: "Have mercy..... Let me log off for a minute/today"...... LOL........

Quote Originally Posted by Xxkayakxx View Post
    empty maps and no clear guideline on what to do could be the 2 keypoints.
    Ditto my first reply above..........

Quote Originally Posted by Majin View Post
    Biggest frustration is "Quest log"
    It won't tell exactly which area you have to run or missing. It will just throw you in related expansion.

Ditto my first reply above.......

Quote Originally Posted by Zylx View Post

"But bro, the daily quests give you so much XP, you can reach cap in no-time" Yes, the daily quests do give a lot of XP. And yes, they are totally worth it. But after you complete them in 15-20 minutes, then what? You can either grind the same campaign maps for incredibly low amounts of XP, or you can log off, enjoy life, and come back the next day to do the same dailies, which would require you - as a completely new player unfamiliar with STS who chose AL over the many other MMOs on the market - to keep your interest in AL over the course of a couple of weeks until you can finally reach the cap.

So, in short, the journey from 41 to cap is very boring and does very little to prepare you for what lies ahead in the end-game content if you even manage to get that far.
    Yeah... While "mid game" and just leveling, after completing all the dailies, there's nothing really "going on" to keep you logged in, and even if you reach "CAP", there's so much going on with awakenings, relics, there's sets, arcane weaps. and rings, ETC..... Endgame/CAP might be too "elaborate" for "NEW" players.....

Before, you get your arcane weapon, your arcane or mythic pet, and some adequate pink gear and you could be good to go but, nowadays it's way too intricate and NEW players might feel overwhelmed by the "elaborate concoction" that makes up "THE CURRENT" gear setups/variations..........

LOL.........
    Last edited by Motherless_Child; 12-17-2018 at 08:15 AM.

Official Signature Of Dot Com Entertainment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Hey folks,

we are also taking a look at the early game.

From your perspective, what are the most challenging things for new players? What are the most frustrating parts of the game that you have run into?

Thanks, and have a great weekend!
    Hummmm.....

Not to overload the thread but, I think I have more to post........... The following are some things that kind of "stood out"...... Not being "funny", just sharing "opinion".... LOL........

1. Map Captivity: The "pre-endgame" maps are holding players hostage for way too long.... You get certain quests (like armor fragments, shimmering crystal, volatile stones, ETC.) and you have to repeat the maps too many times just to complete a simple "kill 20, 25, ETC."....... I ran rockhorn summit to complete the "shimmering crystal" quest and I ran the entire map, slaying salamanders left and right and only 3 - 4 counted towards the quest.... I ran a shuyal map, killed 3 armored enemies at once, and "nothing" towards the quest.... You run southern gates (normal), complete the "habiscus research" quest from slaying worms, you complete the "secure glintstone" quest (kill 3 bosses), and you still have to come back to finish the "volatile stones" quest..... It's like "C'mon man..... What the BLEEP.... *double face palm*.... LOL.......

Those early maps are too "irrelevant" (in comparison to endgame) and it seems the goal should be to get players to endgame "easily" or "faster" so that they can get to a point where they have invested a certain amount of "time" and are ready to invest "further"........ Seeing as that "pre-endgame" is basically a "solitude" situation, there is no point in having people (new players) run those maps thousands of times... It's easier when you are at a point where you have ALTs but, gold and pots are very scarce early on for new players.... New people need an easier "begin path".... Those maps need calibration (because you run solo a lot), and the quests need to be less stingy seeing as that the new peeps do not have heavy map activity like yesterday when those maps were the "only" maps to run.... No point in keeping people in those irrelevant maps forever... It's discouraging.... Make every kill count towards the quest is my hypothesis (pre-endgame maps)......... It's just, irritating..... LOL...... Today's devices are way too expensive to "rage smash" the way we used to do SNES and NES controllers (Grrrrr Contra, UN squadron, street fighter when the computer beats you with Dhalsim or Zangeif)........ LOL......

2. Seems the level of difficulty (in those early maps) is a bit "too excessive" for new players: I mean..... You run those early maps (early maps are those before "Glintstone Caverns and Underhaul") and it's like you can't even move.... Stun, stun, slow, freeze, knock back, ETC........ Have mercy........ This adds to the time spent in those irrelevant maps (in addition to kills not counting towards the quest), which is irritating....... The shadowmancers in shuyal "stun stacks" you (yes, their stuns stack, GRRRRRRRRRR), the ghost pirates in the mines LV.1 (OMG, stun, stun, stun...... Someone pass me an NES controller.... LOL....), for some reason, with a mage, his fireball attack (which is supposed to knockback and stun for 3.5 seconds) never works on the southern gates beetles...... No matter how much distance is between us, when I fire my "charged fireball" at those southern gates beetles, I hit them first, stun them, and there is a clear distance between us but, I still get stunned (someone pass me an NES controller, LOL....).......... There is a difference between "a challenge" and "something irritating"....... If I were new, this might just be too "strenuous" for me..........

3. XP leveling: You can insta level to 65 for 500 platinum..... Then grind yourself to death to get to LV.71....... There should be an option to get to at least LV.70 for say, 1000 plat....... After a new player has reach a level around "50" on their own, they would have gained enough experience and know how to have more than just a LV.65 insta level option (they may be tired of leveling at this point), the LV.70 for 1000 plat should be an included option...

4. Retrieve/collect quests: Another thing that may "discourage" new players is the inability to collect/gather quest items from maps that other players have already began running (Hot, hot, hot, dead lights, whole grains, ETC.)..... Sometimes you enter a map, other players are already midway or are just running in all types of odd directions and breaking the party up, and you cannot collect the lava rocks or the dead lights because the other players have already gathered them..... Each player should be able to gather, no matter if someone else already gathered.... For a new player, with maps already being dead and difficult, the last thing I would want is to have to leave the map and wait for a reset just to complete a quest that I was already committed to..... We all need to be able to gather, no matter what.......

5. Arlor NPC quest helper: I already mentioned quests before, so I will not elaborate on that.... Just seems it would be helpful if there was like some sort of NPC quest guide included in the game for new "and" vet players (LOL) to interact with to let you know which is the next quest you have to complete 'before" you complete another, "like the under siege quest".... LOL........

Just opinion based on "observation/experience"....... LOL.......

Official Signature Of Dot Com Entertainment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

What are the most frustrating parts of the game that you have run into?

Here's mine. All the Hype about "Great Events, great items" then true disappointment because of 2 things:

A. Stashing energy from past events discontinued making running to at least Gold Tier much more difficult.

B. Once energy crafting is possible, drop rate is so slow that it becomes frustrating to even consider having enough to even get far before at leadt one week of wasted gameplay to even try getting energies.

STS, please work on this......You are telling players that buying energy with real $ is more important than fun gameplay which is what players used to do during events. Now it is more of a grind which we have plenty in Maus and Swamps.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DarkShadowess For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    121 Posts

+1 I don't find it all relevant but you have enough good ideas to make it easier for new players that sts should definitely take a look.

The 1000 plat to lvl 70 & and the lava rocks are really good...

Sent from my moto e5 plus using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

challenging is to be plat tier in this winter event 2018 because of low drop rate of essence.. and for some reason its a mix feelings i like it and i hate it .. it challenge me haha and i love the 25 crafting slot i been waiting for this and now it happen. haha ty. and .... i wish theres an option too for the stash...
    you can stash all and un-stash all.. just like in the crafting slot .. claim all .im looking forward for this stash all and un-stash all ty,,
    hmmm... maybe for me .. idk now ... haha.. but for me its frustrating to think the new release top 5 lb vanities this year or recently is not tradeable anymore.. i know this issue is discuss before.. but it sstill give me some stress.. because i want to have or wear or experience using that item .im not saying i cant run for lb but bcoz of personal problems like i cant maintain the points haha(schedule)... my point is i dont care even if it cost millions. and all i care is to have it.. peace..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

When I started playing AL I tested all the classes like I do in any game. I found warriors were slow to level, rogues were running out of mana and mages were a bit squishy, but they were all fun, playable and balanced till level 46. Those free gear packs are really useful.

Here are the problems I had:
    1) I was lost on how to level or gear after reaching Tindrin.
    2) I got less gold from quests and most of my gold started going into pots because my gear was low level.
    3) I believe the RNG favors high damage in this game, so I never got any good loot/good pink gear for my class.
    4) The maps were empty, I was mostly alone in maps available for my level.
    5) Finding players to party for same level was very hard, I had to spend time in towns asking player to help me do the content.
    6) I didn't know that the game had guilds, it is not suggested anywhere in the game. Unlike other games there is no info or option to apply for a guild. It took me a long time to find an active guild for my level, all guilds mostly look for endgame players.
    7) Class imbalance: all classes played balanced till level 50 I guess, all had their pro and cons depending on their roles. But with the massive change at level 61 I stopped playing this game for a long time. I just didnt feel like leveling my warrior in empty maps and with all the issues I mentioned above.
    My guild suggested that rogues are best class in pve and pvp, they are fast, easy to level and cost same pots like other class in endgame. That endgame content does not require other 2 classes.
    I was upset. Because I want to know why? Why should I change? Why do you guys even have 3 classes in this game if one of them is Jack of all trades?

I was able to find a lot of info on this forum but I came to know about it accidentally after many months in the game. I am sure 70% of players in game doesn't know about it.

You guys lack on very simple and basic things, and I understand that its easy to overlook them when your forums are full of hardcore players who only care about glitters, but a big number of casual noobs like me play this mmo as well, please try to make our life a bit easy and get the basics right. Thank you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Hey All,

It's my first time posting here, although I am not a new player I would like to discuss about some of the issues they face which I also faced when leveling my alt.

First of all, I'd like to thanks STS for providing quests that give a lot of xp and advancement packs, this really helps out a lot of players.

What I'd like to discuss about are the issues new players face when they are playing the garetta expansion onwards. The main problem is difficulty of those levels, ability to find parties, and the stuns by mobs are ridiculous.

This gets even more annoying in underhul, almost impossible to do those dailies because there are rarely people there, the Orange Portal prema slows you, while the mobs keep on stunning you.

This almost made me quit because even as a warrior I couldn't do anything, my juggernaut was helpless against the orange portals and when my juggernaut duration ran out I was perma-stunned into death, this is ridiculous.

You may say that ask your guild for help because that's what they are for. But listen, it's fine to ask for help to do the map once, but to do it over and over for dailies is annoying. Even in my main account, if someone asks me to help them clear a map once is cool with me, but I will reject if I have to keep on repeating the same map for their dailies

My suggestion, tweak the Glinstone Cavern and Underhul maps, and If possible reduce the amount of stuns and orange portals.

Sorry for the long post, need your thoughts

Peace,
    Aze

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I think the new playes have difficulty with the quest I could get you an NPC explaining each corner of the arlo and explaining the tutorial, one thing and that part of the whole tiral could show the guild system pvp, pve and also on the statos many of the players do not they know about their statos do not know the power that each item can of, one thing that I think should be you and that when you are setting up your character you a small story of each persong, and you a brief description of what advantage and disadvantage each persong have, something else I think I should lanca face new hair new and up to the posture of each character walks and etc ... from more life to the game, I think they should throw a new class for years that has these same classes, good fled a bit of the subject but I think that the players have a great difficulty in passing of level many do not know as it passes of level fast and they are lost and equal beggars in the cities mainly in the city of travel where I think that and where the May If it loses good, I think that in the tutorial it should teach you how to pass from the fastest level and it is like I said of the most life to the game to make the game not lose the grace for a beginner, because really the game just starts to get interesting in the level 50 up, thanks, I hope my tips help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey scammers are worst

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Scammers are terrible

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Remove gold loot or decrease the effectiveness of gold loot. Good gears are getting more expensive as it is easier for people with gold loot to earn gold and those without gold loot cant do anything.

I wanna go back to item farming days, which was also pretty healthy for the game, gold was more valuable those days.

Imagine If in real world, rich people were continuously able to find treasures while the poor had to earn money with hard work, how will the economy be?, 1 piece of bread will start costing a lot more money, but poor wouldnt even be able to afford that.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Azedz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello, I am coming up with the proposal to improve this beautiful game, as most of it does not have some kind of tuning up to 57lv, there are almost no randoms, there is nothing going to be done 0 I suggested that I balance it so that you can do the same with events for which event from 65lv yet again? what are the 65lv servers on the server? ... and what other people do not have the right to use events? sketched are already at the start or as I do not understand it because the hell .. event should be for everyone because everyone is a player of this game no matter whether weaker or better but it is still a player and should not because of the lack of imagination of the administration not be able to use events already not to mention the initial competition, I am waiting mainly for the administration's response.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

I'm just returning from a long break. The reason I left was because the game was changed so you can't play normal maps anymore without requiring a party to do so. I hate relying on others to play a game, especially one that was originally marketed as "pick up and play, even if you only have 5 or 10 minutes". It takes longer than that just to get a team most days.

Now that I'm trying to play again, I'm encountering the same problem. Most people are capped, so there are no pugs at my level. This means I either have to rely on a bunch of capped players to hold my hand and carry me through the maps (not cool), or run hauntlet and quests a billion times until I am high enough level that I'm not just dead weight on my team mates. I am a very independent person and being forced to depend on others for basic gameplay and reasonably paced leveling sucks.

I also find that from Glinstone on, the game gets really confusing with no clear direction of where you're supposed to go or what you're supposed to do next. I couldn't figure out what the hell I was supposed to do, so I lay down on my bed in my house. I ended up in some dreamscape that is seemingly unrelated to anything else, in a huge map with no boss and no apparent end. I was just lucky that I happened across another player in there, because when I tried to do it myself, I couldn't even do that solo. I'm not poorly geared, so it didn't make any sense.

All in all, I loved this game endlessly until Glinstone. Once those changes came in, it became a bit like beating your head on a brick wall. There are even some maps that are too hard for me to solo that don't give any xp! Running dailies and hauntlet is going to get really old really fast. I don't know that there's enough progress I can make on my own to keep me interested. I don't want to be holding back guildmates from doing what they need to do, just because I am trying to level.

Maybe allow mobs to give xp on all maps until the player is capped. That would prevent the kill farming issue and still allow people to more efficiently gain the large amounts of xp needed in the game.
    Last edited by Serancha; 02-08-2019 at 10:06 PM.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

@ the intersection of Tea. Earl Grey. Hot and Damn Fine Cup of Coffee.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    369 Posts

Haven't read this whole thread but if it hasn't been mentioned before...Accept All Available Daily Quests button would be very useful and time saving.

Join the AL Community Discord!https://discord.gg/VrMWZ8t
    Retired Coffeegirl, Veep Of Arlor, 2016

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Am currently leveling a HC player, and getting gear is ridiculously hard. At level 40 I was still wearing level 20 gear because the only things that drop for me (a rogue) are mage armour and warrior weapons. Level 46 and still haven't smelled a single legendary except the quest amulets.

Since all found gold needs to go to potions, maybe making gear level 20-40 more obtainable through runs would encourage more new players to continue. It doesn't have to be spectacular gear, but something better than common or low epics would make quality of life easier for a lot of nubs.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

@justg hi I recently started a guild on my alt. Toon valhallalord to assist new players, upon doing this I am having trouble keeping them interested into the game they get distressed at the prices of heroic pets mostly it seems at this moment in my option as a vet since 2013, I loved farming eggs like malison at the time lol maybe make it possible to farm some weaker h eggs for newbies and also with vili,himi,uller gun that was also a good time maybe bring something back for say lvl 40ish since that seems to be game start as it's so ez to lvl beginning stages, just all around work on bring farming back for newer players! I think this will help!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to merlintrue For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am a new player I have benefited from the forum thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

@justg I’m lvling up a new toon and would it be good if those craft inventory will be added to npc’s around arlor and be bought by tokens.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Bug in game

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Hey folks,

We're working on some more lifestyle features (improved crafting, quests, and a couple of other things) but we are also taking a look at the early game.

From your perspective, what are the most challenging things for new players? What are the most frustrating parts of the game that you have run into?

Thanks, and have a great weekend!

- g
    ping is up and down a lot lately since the shark event.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by williams007 View Post
    ping is up and down a lot lately since the shark event.
    Don't expect G to get back to you too soon 😂