Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elixer Chugging?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Question Elixer Chugging?

So, last i checked, elixers where not a necessary part of the game. Teams could very well run through a map on skill alone.

Yes, I have been gone since BS, and I realize Nuri's is supposed to be this extra hard area. But frankly, PL has had extra hard areas for ages now, naming the original swamps (or so i hear) and the original Ao3 (from experience) and as far as I remember, although it was grueling and tough and killed everyone's k/d ratio, it was still a great way to learn to play well and actually do-able, with none of this elixer stuff...

Is Nuri's actually so impossible that you are forced to spend hundreds of dollars on skill-replacing enhancements? Because that is all they are... the game HAS to be designed to be playable by anyone, as long as they reach the level requirements. So the only way to look at multi-elixer chugging players is that they dont trust their own abilities and are making up for it...

now... is this their fault? or is the current expected skill level in the latest maps actually that difficult? no really, i have no idea xD give me opinions!
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

I think it's more like a drug, once you're in it there's no going back

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

that, unfortunately, is what i fear the most. my above image does not apply if they are inhibited by the said drug xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

There have been alot of people complaining about needing elixars lately. Not saying you are btw just saying many have noticed what you have.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

This is why I started hating the BS the instant it came out: DIFFICULTY. I remember that I could solo all the places (except the elite levels and OA3 of course) except that accursed place with its super lower drop rate. I use a bear now because it feels like my bird just keeps getting squishier. Actually I sorta feel like I have the original health of a bird in combat with my bear.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

For Nuri's, elixir is not required -- a full group of skilled 55/56 players (2 or more mages and everyone with good level 55 gear) can run through it elixir free. The difficulty increase from Sewers to Nuri's is pretty significant, but can be done without elixirs. Elixirs are very tempting, though, when you get constantly one-shot killed by the mobs.

Mount Fang, with the exception of the 3rd floor boss, is also possible with a group of skilled 60/61 players running without elixirs. Mount Fang actually feels easier than Nuri's due to the fact that the mobs don't hit as hard. The 3rd floor boss, though, I haven't been in any groups that was able to take him down without at least 2 people on 4x elixirs... One of the devs claimed to have solo'ed him "trivially", but (1) he didn't say if he was juiced up or not, and (2) none of us mortals has yet to discover this alluded-to strategy.

On a side note, if anybody has managed to take down count vlod with an elixir free party, would you post a video of it? I'd love to see it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

I run alot on elixiers. It's not because it is too hard to run without. It's simply to save time. With a potted group the runs are much faster and your also gain much more exp and get faster drops (if the droprables would actually work >.<).

Personally, I don't like PvE that much so I want to cover this part as fast as possible. I'm more the PvP guy, but to be able to compete with other top players, you need to have top gear and preferably also the vanities. PvP gives no money. Thats why PvE is still needed. But I don't want to spend all the time there.

I know that other people might disagree, and love PvE, that is just my personal opinion, and explanation for why I use elixiers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Time is a factor... hmm... I was only thinking within my own box of opinions (pve oriented mostly) so i see now a greater reason to use elixers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

I'm pretty sure Unity or Revelation has done it once with Count Vlod.

Anyways, it is possible to solo Emma. With Vlod, you need to have good gear, lots of HP pots, and kite the boss.
    Just need to firestorm/use heal when he beckons.

Anyways, I did most of Nuri on 1.5s and most of Mt.Fang on 1.5s.
    Except I wasn't use combos, rather depended on others to use em.
    So in one way, I was indirectly using combo elixirs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlzap View Post
    Revelation is full of elixier junkies, so we can't know

But I think any group of skilled players should be able to do it (I manage to survive the fight unpotted). Just needs some kiting, decent gear, loads of pot spamming and some revs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlzap:487925

Anyways, it is possible to solo Emma. With Vlod, you need to have good gear, lots of HP pots, and kite the boss.
    Just need to firestorm/use heal when he beckons.

Anyways, I did most of Nuri on 1.5s and most of Mt.Fang on 1.5s.
    Except I wasn't use combos, rather depended on others to use em.
    So in one way, I was indirectly using combo elixirs.
    I have fought vlod unelixiered with a few of my hella good guildies, but in the end I ran through a ton of pots. ( I'm a mage in demonic)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

As the others above me have said Elixers aren't a must.
    I know what you are saying and while I do use elixers lately its for my own reason.
    I missed the shield in nuri by a drop and its just a goal I really wanted, so in saying that
    I don't want to miss out getting the 66 item... I have to say though that if you are playing
    with a skilled group where people aren't just sitting idle you can move through the nuri's and mt fang
    quite nicely without using elixers. I did nuri for the most part without elixers and then only started using them
    to bypass it cause I didn't enjoy it much. Thats just a personal thing though. We all have our favorite areas.
    My personal is Alien oasis.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

I wouod say the elite lvl items and elite items stat bonus drives the elixur craze. People want these things before the next cap so they level like mad to get it.
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Conradin View Post
    I wouod say the elite lvl items and elite items stat bonus drives the elixur craze. People want these things before the next cap so they level like mad to get it.
    Yup, especially now that STS has set the precedence of releasing campaigns early...

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    i see now a greater reason to use elixers.
    welcome to the dark side!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    Grrr they answer drews question but not mine! That makes me mad,grrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    We have leet lv 55-56 players dying at Plasma Pyramid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengotengo View Post
    It's like someone gave me a bag of M&Ms, but there's a handful of candy-coated rabbit turds in the bag somewhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Need to start a thread called "Elixir Anonymous", so that we can all share our addiction problem...
    Pakax | Eclipse GM
    Pakax - 76 Elf | Pakaxx - 71 Eagle | Pakaxxx - 71 Grizzly | ZeroKarma - 71 Zero Death Eagle

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    So, last i checked, elixers where not a necessary part of the game. Teams could very well run through a map on skill alone.

Yes, I have been gone since BS, and I realize Nuri's is supposed to be this extra hard area. But frankly, PL has had extra hard areas for ages now, naming the original swamps (or so i hear) and the original Ao3 (from experience) and as far as I remember, although it was grueling and tough and killed everyone's k/d ratio, it was still a great way to learn to play well and actually do-able, with none of this elixer stuff...

Is Nuri's actually so impossible that you are forced to spend hundreds of dollars on skill-replacing enhancements? Because that is all they are... the game HAS to be designed to be playable by anyone, as long as they reach the level requirements. So the only way to look at multi-elixer chugging players is that they dont trust their own abilities and are making up for it...

now... is this their fault? or is the current expected skill level in the latest maps actually that difficult? no really, i have no idea xD give me opinions!
    Well, unfortunately, the elixir run/booting are here to stay I think. And the skill will continue to be at a lower level. In this "now" world, people want to do things faster with less work. This game isn't any different.

I also think STS is leading us in this direction by giving a vanity items at the level cap, setting the cap more than ten levels away ( even at 10k exp per level), and by giving such a short time to do it (especially if the cap vanities are not stashable). Don't get me wrong, I'm not blaming them for wanting to make money, but its the path they chose to go with the game.

I think all these maps are completely doable without elixirs, its just slower and requires more than a couple players that know how to play.
    Last edited by Rare; 11-21-2011 at 10:15 AM.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

I'd disagree with the don't trust their skills part, for me it is also a time issue. I got to nuris without them then, but I used to pug almost exclusively then so the pots made up for the players with less skill or lower level.
    They're not needed but they are also fun. I keep my alt bear drug free so that I don't loose perspective.
    To each their own. }=^)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Not being able to afford elixirs, I ran through Nuris, with many unelixired groups, with ease. We farmed Nuris for 56 gear with 2-5 level 56 players. Bluiydbabe & I duo'd Pain & Lions, due to them being shorter maps, on our 56 mages. Granted we went through a lot of pots.

I am now 63 on my bear & have trio'd Vlad. I spanned all my skills ACCEPT taunt to keep him stunned & rooted in place. The bird kited around @ max distance spamming skills @ the mage healing & reviving his butt off. When Vlads bats would attack we would all kite with the bird.

not sure if this is the right technique but seemed to work for us this 1 time.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

I did some running last night in the first map of Nuri on my level 56 Mage, both with potted groups and without, and noticed something. The potted groups of course tended to go faster, but the non-potted groups where birds make sure to target the Mages first were going almost as fast. That made me realize that 3x damaged players kill the mobs so fast they don't have to worry about the mages healing them, so I am guessing they never learn 'proper kill order'. So I guess I am saying, yes Nuri is hard, and you can make it easy by either 'paying to play' or learning kill order and debuffing techniques. (Or in your case Arterra, teaching your group about those)

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?