Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hydra is a dead map

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Default Hydra is a dead map

Reducing gold loot was another thing but removing gold drop completely is kind of absurd. Without any incentives people won't run the map unless they really want the mire Arti drop.

I personally liked the map because it was a quick one to finish. I could keep alternating between hydra and other maps whenever I wanted to, to kill the boredom from monotonous long runs in the game. The population in the game will dwindle too and it is unfair to people with the mireguard sets.

Hydra is a dead map unless the drastic change made will be reconsidered and worked upon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bundlos View Post
    Reducing gold loot was another thing but removing gold drop completely is kind of absurd. Without any incentives people won't run the map unless they really want the mire Arti drop.

I personally liked the map because it was a quick one to finish. I could keep alternating between hydra and other maps whenever I wanted to, to kill the boredom from monotonous long runs in the game. The population in the game will dwindle too and it is unfair to people with the mireguard sets.

Hydra is a dead map unless the drastic change made will be reconsidered and worked upon.
    I agree... When everyone thinks they are safe, STS come and change everything hahah is always a risk each decision you make in this game. I liked hydra also because of the same reason as you.. I could farm aps, jewels, do pvp, and when needed a gold, run a bit hydra. To me people was playing more... And mostly of the 'poors' players was happy cuz they could make gold in 1/2min by run.. Even in my guild a guy said he made his first 1m thanks to hydra.... Not anymore :v

Enviado de meu MotoG3 usando o Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Yea but 30k gold a run is crazyyyyyy i spend a hour in graveyard to make that
    Click the link to get to my new Signature Shop!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ancestor View Post
    Yea but 30k gold a run is crazyyyyyy i spend a hour in graveyard to make that
    I never got that much of gold drop though
    Can relate to you, been there done that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    149 Posts

Of all the problems in game they decide a mere 21k per occasional run was enough to remove gl from Hydra.it was mostly the rogues doing it anyway since you made them so op.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by scarysmerf View Post
    Of all the problems in game they decide a mere 21k per occasional run was enough to remove gl from Hydra.it was mostly the rogues doing it anyway since you made them so op.
    True, those were very occasional drops. I personally never got even occasionally close getting a 20k drop. However, it is not right to generalize all rogues as OP rogues. That is a very small chunk of the population. Most of the rogue population cannot even afford the items because they are so overpriced. And even if those rogues who became too Op, I don't blame them, they had the gold and they chose to utilize it.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bundlos For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

True its a dead map now, this is too much because artifact is not that high chance to loot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

I agree. I hope sts reconsiders this too. Im not a fan of farming deaths and junks 98% of the time.
    meep meep

Somewhere beyond and between here and nowhere...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

I dont think its dead. You assume its dead because you and your gold farming friends dont want to play that map anymore.

I played hydra for almost an hour today with random and I had fun. People were farming gold before and now they are playing to get the artifact.
    If you are only farming deaths then either you dont understand the mechanics or you are undergeared, its as simple as that.
    Retired
    Tired of Dead Guilds & Offline FL? Click Here!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to PsychoNuke For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

It's very strange this out of nowhere, the developers have not said anything yet about. I think it's temporary but for some reason they do not want to stand.

Enviado de meu Positivo Twist S usando o Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

The real problem is that gold loot is even a thing - and if it has to be a thing then the problem is that it stack so high.

Gold Loot mean that you can't find a base gold drop level which is appropriate, because anything which seems fair to a player with no gold loot will be an economy ruiner when maxed gold loot players farm that map. This means the baseline has to be set far too low, making it extremely difficult for players with less gold to close the gap.

IDEAS:

- Cap gold loot stack at 100% so that the parameters are easier to work with.

- Put gold coin chest - there is no gold loot per say, however the gold coin chest is in the loot table. If you drop the gold coin chest, you can open it with a chance for it to contain 2k, 5k, or 10k, or you can sell it in auc.

- Viva la revolucion and relive the younger years... go back to the old gold chest system... "Golden Croc Chest" where loot table is moved into the chest, which on opening has a chance to drop mire gear, arcane gear, or 2k, 5k, or 20k (Rare). Or again, you can sell the chest. The thrill of dropping a gold chest to sell in auc, and then the thrill of the person who buys it and drops the best gear from it.

The hydra/orrick loot tables will in all likelihood need to be made more attractive for anyone to bother going in there. In addition, the fact that it doesnt drop any gold doesn't make it any more accessible to none-rogues. If an all rogue party is still the fastest way to run then if anyone bothers to farm the mire artefact it will be parties of rogues...

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dalmony For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoNuke View Post
    I dont think its dead. You assume its dead because you and your gold farming friends dont want to play that map anymore.

I played hydra for almost an hour today with random and I had fun. People were farming gold before and now they are playing to get the artifact.
    If you are only farming deaths then either you dont understand the mechanics or you are undergeared, its as simple as that.
    Lol, that is the problem with people like you who love to call people names, like "you and your gold farming friends", I want to run the map still, but it is always empty or there are very few people to run in a random pt.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Bundlos For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dalmony View Post
    The real problem is that gold loot is even a thing - and if it has to be a thing then the problem is that it stack so high.

Gold Loot mean that you can't find a base gold drop level which is appropriate, because anything which seems fair to a player with no gold loot will be an economy ruiner when maxed gold loot players farm that map. This means the baseline has to be set far too low, making it extremely difficult for players with less gold to close the gap.

IDEAS:

- Cap gold loot stack at 100% so that the parameters are easier to work with.

- Put gold coin chest - there is no gold loot per say, however the gold coin chest is in the loot table. If you drop the gold coin chest, you can open it with a chance for it to contain 2k, 5k, or 10k, or you can sell it in auc.

- Viva la revolucion and relive the younger years... go back to the old gold chest system... "Golden Croc Chest" where loot table is moved into the chest, which on opening has a chance to drop mire gear, arcane gear, or 2k, 5k, or 20k (Rare). Or again, you can sell the chest. The thrill of dropping a gold chest to sell in auc, and then the thrill of the person who buys it and drops the best gear from it.

The hydra/orrick loot tables will in all likelihood need to be made more attractive for anyone to bother going in there. In addition, the fact that it doesnt drop any gold doesn't make it any more accessible to none-rogues. If an all rogue party is still the fastest way to run then if anyone bothers to farm the mire artefact it will be parties of rogues...
    This is a good solution actually. When there were talks of nerfing loot I was expecting that they would put an upper limit bar or something, but they removed it altogether

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

As Gary would say. "You'll be okay"

Somewhere beyond and between here and nowhere...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bundlos View Post
    Lol, that is the problem with people like you who love to call people names, like "you and your gold farming friends", I want to run the map still, but it is always empty or there are very few people to run in a random pt.
    I like how you got triggered, thanks for proving me right
    Retired
    Tired of Dead Guilds & Offline FL? Click Here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

If you actually try to run hydra you will see it’s not dead at all But all the greedy people just complain for their lost free gold. Now you all have to work harder

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Agnes For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoNuke View Post
    I like how you got triggered, thanks for proving me right
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :') :*
    Glad I could be of help
    xoxoxoxo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hydra dead

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Pls hydraaaaaa

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Hydra, nightmare are dead maps. Nobody want to run lv 66 and 71 maps unless they can make better gold than maus, esg.