Thread: Bring Boss Mechanics to PL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Post Bring Boss Mechanics to PL

Dear Cinco,

I have always wanted to ask about why boss mechanics haven’t really been a thing in Pl. Most of the time you run to the boss room and the boss just hits one person with its normal attack. Has their been discussion about boss mechanics. I really think people would farm more if they had to dodge stuff coming at them instead of just stacking and melting down the boss. You should try this in the events since it seems people are on more as a test run. It might lower the points people get in the grindy events, but I think it would make people farm longer and harder because killing a boss you have to dodge mechanics run into circles would be extremely fun. I’m not sure what the mobile platform can handle or if it is even possible for a game like Pl. I would love to hear what you think. I am no programmer just a person that loves to spend my time playing your game. If I miss spelled anything feel free to point that out to me. Grammar isn’t my strong suit, but killing things are!

Sincerely,
    Chaasivab

I don't know how to play video games casually. I'm either not interested at all or I play 16 hours and forget to eat.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chaasivab For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

There was kind of this during the Balefort Sewers era! But yeah, that would be pretty fun. I doubt they can add too many mechanics to the game as-is though especially with the state of population.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

AO3, Sewers and to an extent Fand & Nuri's all had those type of boss mechanics. The boss' target the player doing the most damage OR the player aggro'ing by using taunt or something of the like; explaining why only one player gets attacked at a time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

I have no problem with the boss only hitting one person due to the agro on that person, but their should be heavy group damage if you don’t complete boss mechanics right. For instance, the boss stomps/ anyone not in a circle that appears on the floor takes considerable damage or maybe the boss shoots missles at spots on the ground and you can’t stand there. Something to make it fun instead of kill the boss because it’s easy as cake. Once someone runs a boss 5000 times because it’s easy it will get boring and people will stop. Having a boss that changes up what and where the mechanics are will help with this. Plus people need to die it makes it fun and challenging to not every time beat the boss the first time.

I don't know how to play video games casually. I'm either not interested at all or I play 16 hours and forget to eat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    258 Posts

We have discussed Raids for PL.

For more than the standard of 5 players in the one map, all working together to destroy a super boss that will award special and exclusive items.

In the past the elite maps have been exclusive to end game.

With the added difficulty of health and mana pots being disabled. This however has been overcome with the use of google chrome users, being able to use pots in these maps. These maps had the added dynamics of wave of monsters, increasing the difficulty with each wave.

Maps;
    Red Dragon Slayer - level 76
    Fire Forrest - level 71
    Mystery Mash - level 71

Any new content that is more difficult to complete with new dynamics in which to farm, with new exclusive loot will be welcomed and appreciated.
    Last edited by Fwend; 09-27-2018 at 10:37 PM.

I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.
    -Helen Keller

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

In the past we have seen awesome things to make the game more challenging. My personal favorite was sand stone caves. (Can still be difficult and fun for l25 without a pet) Unfortunately when we do get awesome mechanics like this, nearly the first thing asked by a large group of people that don't feel like taking the time to learn the classes and work as a team is. Can we use our pets?

So as much as I would love to see new skill based mechanics, I feel people would just ask for it to be changed 1st thing before they even really try something besides spamming skills as fast as possible.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jilsponie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I'm not really good in english, but my understanding of this post is you need the boss to be more difficult to be killed, right?
    I'm agree that we need a more challenging boss, but people without a pet like Dev Dragon or Warbird will be frustrated if they died a lot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

A boss similar to Guru Aych'tu'oh during L71 cap would be awesome if they bring it back with new vanity loots