Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: All negative comments dissapeared

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Default All negative comments dissapeared

Hello. Im reporting bug that all negative comments/threads here will be soon gone.

Please check that.

Thanks

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jakubson For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Disguise negative comments as positive ones; Mix some sugar with the salt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jakubson View Post
    Hello. Im reporting bug that all negative comments/threads here will be soon gone.

Please check that.

Thanks
    All constructive criticism has disappeared to. As they take any form of criticism as personal attacks. Want to complain about lame events that just feature recolors? You get banned from the forms for a week. You point out that this was supposed to be the biggest expansion ever according to STS, you get banned from the forms for a week. You don't play the game except once in a very great while and you kissed the developers arse... your words are taken as gospel. Is anyone else wondering why the game content has suffered in the last few expansions? By the way I'm sure I'll get Forum banned for a bit. Sts can't handle anybody that doesn't flatter them.

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Shadowfaux For This Useful Post:

6.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Not true. Give constructive criticism and we are all ears. We keep the forums drama free to prevent them from becoming poisonous. Cuss at us, call us lazy, whine about how bored you are after another 2x event, and you will get a time out. Act like an adult, understand that we are professionals and this is our workplace and engage us with level discussions and we will gladly talk.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Not true. Give constructive criticism and we are all ears. We keep the forums drama free to prevent them from becoming poisonous. Cuss at us, call us lazy, whine about how bored you are after another 2x event, and you will get a time out. Act like an adult, understand that we are professionals and this is our workplace and engage us with level discussions and we will gladly talk.
    Respectfully, your track record suggests otherwise. If you listened two people who just played the game a lot instead of people who paid the game a lot you wouldn't have half the issues you're currently facing. Class balance needs to be stripped back down to the basics instead of just applying fix after fix after fix that continually unbalanced the game. And from what I and many others have observed you listen to people who possibly give constructive feedback but you never listen to people that actually give constructive criticism. And if you think I'm talking out of my ***, put up a pole for the AL community and see for yourself. Again nothing personal but seriously people...

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shadowfaux For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Cuss at us, call us lazy, whine about how bored you are after another 2x event, and you will get a time out. Act like an adult, understand that we are professionals and this is our workplace and engage us with level discussions and we will gladly talk.
    I get that very well justg but some people really lose their cool when they have to deal with some of the decisions made by sts ( not trying to undermine your decisions) and feel the game is taking the wrong direction;It is just hard to accept the recolors, 2x events and complete removal of gold from Hydra when people invested hours of their life and some even money into this. You guys have made one of the best game of all time and our expectations are so high why is why people get angry and find it difficult to be cool about it. I myself a victim of this at times.

The same threads pop up again again espcially this week but a lack of developer engamement in these discussions makes players like me anxious, annoyed and frankly frustrated. Ultimately, when some people had enough, they let it all out. Even just a simple comment like, " comment your thoughts about this or that in this thread [Link]" is enough. At least, this acknowledges our voice specific to issues and in the end sts can decide the best course of action. We know you want the best for the game but it helps at times of huge controvery why some decisons are made e.g. complete removal of gold in hydra. I have lost a quite a few friends for this ( they quit). People were soo motivated to farm here and get mire set but now it is just gone because it does not contribute to their interests.

Maybe this is asking for too much or unreasonable or I am just being stupid but how about an unfiltered sub forum? or replacing the AL Public Test Server? Ofc this would exclude any explicit content.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Azerothraven For This Useful Post:

12.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #7
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azerothraven View Post
    It is just hard to accept the recolors, 2x events and complete removal of gold from Hydra when people invested hours of their life and some even money into this. You guys have made one of the best game of all time and our expectations are so high why is why people get angry and find it difficult to be cool about it. I myself a victim of this at times.
    We expect you to be cool about it and treat us like professionals here in our workplace. If you disagree with our decisions we appreciate it when you offer compelling reasons to not do the things we do, not rage and threaten to quit. We've explained multiple times how the 2x events are FILLER between the larger tent-pole events. We also try to introduce new vanities in the events (and have with each one) instead of just recolors but that is not what draws the attention. We're not EA or Riot. We do the best we can with our limited resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerothraven View Post
    ...huge controvery why some decisons are made e.g. complete removal of gold in hydra.
    You all know this dungeon was way out of whack for the amount of effort invested versus the return of gold. You should understand that it would continue to spiral the economy out of control. Had we come out and said: "Hey we're nerfing Hydra on Thursday" that level would have been farmed extremely hard until the nerf, and exacerbated the gold influx problem even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfaux View Post
    If you listened two people who just played the game a lot instead of people who paid the game a lot you wouldn't have half the issues you're currently facing.
    We don't look at how much people play the game when we read their comments, and then disregard if we find out they have been playing a lot. We read all comments, filter out the drama, and then make decisions based on what we think is best for the overall health of the game, taking into account both the opinions expressed here and the huge amount of data we have access to.

To the general population who use this forum as a way to communicate directly with developers, thank you for your continued contributions to the overall health of the game.
    Last edited by Justg; 09-30-2018 at 03:38 PM. Reason: less of my drama
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts

I don't get what the big deal is about 2x events in between the really big ones. If they added 2x (such as they do now) it keeps as a filler (as jusg said) between events. If we didn't have those, we would grow bored all the time. What would there be to farm??? Also, why would they invest time and money to try to add different fill ins between events? If they added events all the time there wouldn't be any enjoyment or excitement when the actual events come.

Unfortunately y'all are not giving sts the credit they deserve. If sts didn't filter out people's negative feedback, we would have even more drama as the previous person's thread would spark others to lash back.

Personally I don't care for recolored pets, but I still take it as a way to earn that pet and sell it in the marketplace.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

I remember JustG you once said that you will always respond when people spend time and effort to write meaningful suggestions. I took that to heart, and spent a lot of time detailing the suggestions I had for this game, expecting you to hold true to your word, and be honest. Lo and behold, no dev answered on the thread (couldn't be bothered), and I had to beg in the chatbox for developer feedback, until Vroom said a few sentences in response (instead of taking a few minutes to respond on the thread, given that I put in a lot of effort BECAUSE you said that you would respond to well thought out suggestions). This type of behavior is not befitting of anyone, let alone a CEO of a big company. The thread was this, btw https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...More-Enjoyable
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45216&d=1383296273

Ign: frynoodles

16.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wowdah View Post
    I remember JustG you once said that you will always respond when people spend time and effort to write meaningful suggestions.
    I don't recall saying I will always respond to meaningful suggestions. There is not enough time for us to do that and develop the game. But this does not mean we do not read them and take them into account.

Your thread is very well organized and thought out. We've seen it.

Edit: I've pared down the drama in here, including my own. Kinda ironic for the original title of the thread

Bottom line is we do welcome feedback, even negative if it is presented in a constructive way.

Insults don't help, we're people too (sometimes working on weekends).

Thanks for the feedback, everywhere.
    Last edited by Justg; 09-30-2018 at 03:43 PM. Reason: less of my drama
    | | | |

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wowdah View Post
    I remember JustG you once said that you will always respond when people spend time and effort to write meaningful suggestions. I took that to heart, and spent a lot of time detailing the suggestions I had for this game, expecting you to hold true to your word, and be honest. Lo and behold, no dev answered on the thread (couldn't be bothered), and I had to beg in the chatbox for developer feedback, until Vroom said a few sentences in response (instead of taking a few minutes to respond on the thread, given that I put in a lot of effort BECAUSE you said that you would respond to well thought out suggestions). This type of behavior is not befitting of anyone, let alone a CEO of a big company. The thread was this, btw https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...More-Enjoyable
    They did implement your idea about the mass opening of chests... from what I see they do listen to the players and consider ideas. I think I saw ravager in a thread a while back suggest having the option to show the available items you can craft in the crafting station, and now we can. Even the concept of mausoleum maps, energizeric I believe suggested that way back before it ever happened. I think they consider things way more than people know. In your thread fry, you want to add a remap button and a pet swap button to the HUD 0,0 . My HUD is pretty full as is playing on an iPhone . What if they want to add more ultimates or another skill? It would be too much

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Maybe, but my point is that the players don't know if they're considering our ideas or not, because the devs usually don't engage in suggestion threads. And maybe add the option to have it on the hud or disable it (just like emotes), so people who don't want it won't be annoyed, and people who want it will be happy. It satisfies everyone.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45216&d=1383296273

Ign: frynoodles

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Thats what i did. I only asked if ur planning add more maps to endgame because theres nowhere to play. I compared it with previous expansion where we got 5 maps. Told u also ppl r bored/dissapointed and u deleted mine thread. If that was not constructive critisim, idk what else does.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jakubson For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

We expect you to be cool about it and treat us like professionals here in our workplace. If you disagree with our decisions we appreciate it when you offer compelling reasons to not do the things we do, not rage and threaten to quit. We've explained multiple times how the 2x events are FILLER between the larger tent-pole events. We also try to introduce new vanities in the events (and have with each one) instead of just recolors but that is not what draws the attention. We're not EA or Riot. We do the best we can with our limited resources.

You all know this dungeon was way out of whack for the amount of effort invested versus the return of gold. You should understand that it would continue to spiral the economy out of control. Had we come out and said: "Hey we're nerfing Hydra on Thursday" that level would have been farmed extremely hard until the nerf, and exacerbated the gold influx problem even more.

We don't look at how much people play the game when we read their comments, and then disregard if we find out they have been playing a lot. We read all comments, filter out the drama, and then make decisions based on what we think is best for the overall health of the game, taking into account both the opinions expressed here and the huge amount of data we have access to.

To the general population who use this forum as a way to communicate directly with developers, thank you for your continued contributions to the overall health of the game.
    Events are fine the problem right now is there is no elite endgame content other than mausoleum and it's almost 2 years old now and tanks aren't needed because there are no hard maps for them to be usefull. Gold removed from raids but rogues are still the best class to play there. I hope some elite maps are coming soon. Looking forward to whats next for AL.
    Last edited by Thewolfbull; 10-01-2018 at 12:31 AM.

Somewhere beyond and between here and nowhere...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

...this does not mean we do not read them and take them into account.
    This is true, time to time I drop salty posts here and there just to check the moderation, sometimes it takes time but they do read/edit/delete/implement them

Last edited by Justg; Yesterday at 09:43 PM. Reason: less of my drama
    I was angry on you because you always preach about Fair Play but failed to practice Fair Game on many ocations.
    Thanks for that edit it saved you from going into my list of hypocrites

Respect restored 60%.
    Retired
    Tired of Dead Guilds & Offline FL? Click Here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

speaking of drama....

No more E3's?!?!? or shows
    No more behind the scenes videos?

Just wanted to see of more of what you guys are doing now that Sam, Remi, Delphi are gone. I know its asking alot but many of us have
    been with you guys a long time and seen many changes. We all want to see how you guys are doing also...now that even Carapace doesn't even post.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

I recomend complaining people to try dev shoes.....imagine if you put effort in something you do (and probably enjoy) like sport, or school, or work, and all people keep saying “this is wrong, that is awful, those are crap. Continuosly. Without knowing what kind of effort requires, just commenting criticizing they don’t enjoy what you do. And you look around and you know you are doing a good job, because others do worse.
    Got the picture?
    Here you have the CEO of a company that cares so much about AL and you that directly answer in forum! Guys......this is not common at all! Trust me about XD!!!
    Sts is not perfect (nobody is) but I can feel the passion for their job. And when they clean some negative comments, I understand that some people don’t get why. Because many of us (me included) thinks that just expressing a bad feeling makes things change. It doesn’t ! Offering solutions for a negative situation could change it!
    So.....let’s try to offer a different view to Sts while we comment on something we don’t like, besides just criticizes.
    At the end of the day, we all enjoy/enjoyed AL, and just for this I thanks Sts.
    Keep up the good work and don’t listen too much on people on forum XD me included with last sentence XD
    If there would be a competition for stupidity, I would be second. Cause I’m stupid

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Xxkayakxx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xxkayakxx View Post
    I recomend complaining people to try dev shoes.....imagine if you put effort in something you do (and probably enjoy) like sport, or school, or work, and all people keep saying “this is wrong, that is awful, those are crap. Continuosly. Without knowing what kind of effort requires, just commenting criticizing they don’t enjoy what you do. And you look around and you know you are doing a good job, because others do worse.
    Got the picture?
    Here you have the CEO of a company that cares so much about AL and you that directly answer in forum! Guys......this is not common at all! Trust me about XD!!!
    Sts is not perfect (nobody is) but I can feel the passion for their job. And when they clean some negative comments, I understand that some people don’t get why. Because many of us (me included) thinks that just expressing a bad feeling makes things change. It doesn’t ! Offering solutions for a negative situation could change it!
    So.....let’s try to offer a different view to Sts while we comment on something we don’t like, besides just criticizes.
    At the end of the day, we all enjoy/enjoyed AL, and just for this I thanks Sts.
    Keep up the good work and don’t listen too much on people on forum XD me included with last sentence XD
    Sts consists of highly skilled developers. Dont underestimate them, they can do a lot more but sometimes does not undertake big risks involved ideas/projects because they dont have the man power and financial stability.
    Fight Me -_-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoNuke View Post
    This is true, time to time I drop salty posts here and there just to check the moderation, sometimes it takes time but they do read/edit/delete/implement them

I was angry on you because you always preach about Fair Play but failed to practice Fair Game on many ocations.
    Thanks for that edit it saved you from going into my list of hypocrites

Respect restored 60%.
    Whew Justg , you just escaped from being in this dudes list of hypocrites, damn was that close.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shadowronn View Post
    Whew Justg , you just escaped from being in this dudes list of hypocrites, damn was that close.
    Don't provoke, he's already psycho, u'll be nuked