Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The new AL Strat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

Hello dear legends, I agree that Mages should not be able to kill bosses faster than rogues. Mages are good vs bosses only with the Dragon Staff, which is not really reliable because it can get pissed and not proc at all, and the staff now even has a cap so it will be getting worse in the future.

But my problem is that most people who play Rogues feel like they should be the class that does everything best. It's easy to notice that their favorite party formation is 4 rogues, which goes against everything that "balance" means.

Tell me one map where you would prefer [2 Rogues / 1 Mage / 1 Tank] or [1 Rogue / 2 Mages / 1 Tank] except Mausoleum?

Literally every other map can be done with Rogues alone, and a Tank here and there just for pulling purposes, not even being an actual tank, because Rogues don't need the human shield.
    Retired

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to arcanefid For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Balancing an older level might not be on STS's roadmap in the near future I would think. When DS was nerfed or any type of nerf was introduced, it caused a lot of commotion from the forums community. Working on new levels with new designs is probably the best route to go at this point. Probably Hardcore mode will help alleviate the concerns. Harder levels tend to have more of a demand for other classes to be involved such as warriors. Perhaps making Elite 5-10 levels harder? Or maybe Hardcore mode will do something similar already. I would also love to see bosses that take 0 damage from certain classes during a certain period of time. Let's say there is Arcane Lich. Purple shield means, he can only be hit by mages, orange shield can only be hit by rogues and red shield means only be hit by warriors. If you don't have a certain class in your party, you can't win. Something like that to force various classes in a pug party or formed party. I would also like to see warrior's rally cry to be done to remove debuffs or apply buffs (mostly for PVE and either not working or severely gimped in PVP). I think STS has been making some strides in balancing the game with Ultimates. 4 rogues has almost always been great, 4 mages has been ok-good, 4 warriors terrible. With Ultimates, 4 rogues is still great, 4 mages ok-great, 4 warriors is ok in some situations and a bit more tolerable for bosses.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ravager For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shubham View Post
    Wt about rouges being op in pvp apart two season till now ? U want max damage max doge max all so rest of the class r suppose to be usless?
    Sorry bud, I don't play pvp in this game, but agree that rogue 1 shot kills are dumb
    ---------
    On topic: when raid maps didn't allow parties there were less class complains. Maybe it's the way to go for auch maps
    Last edited by Alwarez; 10-04-2018 at 05:41 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    121 Posts

To the subject of this post. AL is an MMO which means you have classes. In order this is how it breaks down Rogues are dps, Mages are controllers, and Warriors are tanks. To say a topped out mage can out dps a topped out rogue is pretty much impossible. That's because of the class design. Mages are not made for dps but Rogues are. Mages can be a good secondary dps with crowd control and "aoe" dps. But damage wise we all know the classes are set as such from the start of the game.
    1.Rogue
    2.Mage
    3.Warrior
    and with that said the Warrior will be the last one standing when everything burns down. But that is what their class is made for. But their powers on the most part are garbo they don't even give them a mob pull... Which is a power i think should be added for warriors. You can use a pet but I mean a tank should be able to pull a mob together and taunt them with one power. But that's where mages come in because they can control mobs like no other classe... LIke i said this is a MMO we are all weak in some area another...
    Last edited by Allset; 10-04-2018 at 08:08 PM. Reason: better wording

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by badgirlchlo View Post
    I remember exactly how long it lasted.... We have new devs running the game now and they seem to be very anti-rogue, and everyone was very quick to jump the gun the first time rogues had any use in a loooong time
    No badgirl.. just no... golden age was 41 cap and rogues ruled AL for years now that its mages turn to be good at something you get mad? No bad girl just stop it, why is this even a thread? Warriors never had a chance at the spot light and you don’t see us crying so why should you?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

duh i know before weve experienced op rogue and atm op mages but can sts just make all equal ??? this should balance the game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Allset View Post
    and with that said the Warrior will be the last one standing when everything burns down. But that is what their class is made for. But their powers on the most part are garbo they don't even give them a mob pull... Which is a power i think should be added for warriors. You can use a pet but I mean a tank should be able to pull a mob together and taunt them with one power. But that's where mages come in because they can control mobs like no other classe... LIke i said this is a MMO we are all weak in some area another...
    I still don't know why is this not a thing. We have useless skills such as Rallying Cry which no warrior uses.

I think it would be awesome if we had a skill like that, which would be similar to TB's pull. If there is a Warrior that gets a lot of party invites and is considered "good" nowadays, it's because of the TB Pull.

A Pulling skill for Warriors would make them much more useful in every run, and no need to splash 30,000,000+ gold just for the invites.
    Retired