Thread: tricks to defeating emma and vlod

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default tricks to defeating emma and vlod

In my seeming endless runs to get a pink (still hasnt happened) ive found that for defeating emma its best to have all players get next to her all on one of the sides with a solid wall (no doorway) and attack away. Theres some blue rings that you will see when shes charging up her attack. At this point you should buff, mana sheild, etc. and start spaming pots. You will be knocked back and with fast enough fingers you should survive obviously a mage should spam heal also.. reason i say all on same side with solid wall is because it makes it much easier for the mage to heal and revive, if necessary. You can easily be knocked into the hall and die and makes reveving a pain for the doc.

For vlod its not really a way to defeat him so much as survive.... avoid the black smoke and keep your distance. Spam pots like crazy heal buff etc.
    I do use 4x elixer but i have defeated him in a full group and i didnt die doing this. Not much but hope it helps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

whenever i fight vlod with pots... i stand right next to him with my back facing the corner... Once he beckons, you will fly into the middle of the room giving you time to get to the next corner and away and from his AE attack that comes a little after.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arod8ball For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Ill give it a try... what class are you? Im a mage btw

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Good idea. His beckon is followed by a aoe attack which is his bats in smoke I believe. When he beckons just kite stay max distance possible. Killed him with a 64 mage, 63 bird & me a 63 bear with no1 on an elixir & only 2 deaths on bird. Bird & mage stay max attack range.

There is a very good.strategy thread on this & your mostly correct. A few differences.
    Last edited by Battlelock; 11-21-2011 at 07:40 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Exactly. Like I've said many times, kite his beckon!
    It's just like facing a bear who has Shadow Slicers and is perhaps a few levels higher with extra damage on the stomp.
    If you do get close, Vlod can do up to 599 damage withot critting on you.
    I experienced that the HARD way-.-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlzap View Post
    It's just like facing a bear who has Shadow Slicers and is perhaps a few levels higher with extra damage on the stomp.

Lol i hear you on that... btw i used a full dex bird and full dex bear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlzap:488424
    Seems their is 2-3 small attacks then 1 HUGE attack then it's attack time again. Could be wrong. Been a few days. Seems there is a couple small then a big one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Emma seems nerfed some. Or at least she doesn't 1-hit a non-potted group like before.

Lofus has also been nerfed some.

Vlod can still stop you. Or maybe it's just my ipad. But yeah, stay away from him and clouds helps with your survival a lot.

See also:

Emma Guide: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?42587
    Fang Boss Guide: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?42743

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Sorry for any double post .... im using the app and no matter what ive tried every search comes back blank :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

For Emma, with elixir I found the best (that works for me) is to be about 3/4 away from her between the wall, this gives about the same damage from her as is if you were on the wall, but is close enough for skill combos to be used (tested on bear, bird and mage). With non-elixir, I find that everyone should clump (at the same wall) allowing the mage to mass heal.

For Vlod, I still prefer to lure/pull the mages to the door first (people tend to charge in, I dont know why) and then kite -- timing your skills combo when he pulls. I also suggest that one person takes the agro while the rest just auto or use skills that doesn't stop the flow of the person kiting around the room. I've done this with my dex-bear several times now, and it's such a good feeling when no one dies
    Rasi: Grumpy old arcane mage (AL)
    Haowesie: Confused & oblivious bird (PL)
    Aestrella: Sexy insecure mage wannabe (PL)
    Drearasy: Crazy-eyed dex-bear (PL)

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arod8ball View Post
    whenever i fight vlod with pots... i stand right next to him with my back facing the corner... Once he beckons, you will fly into the middle of the room giving you time to get to the next corner and away and from his AE attack that comes a little after.
    This is actually a really interesting strategy. The devs mentioned that there was a way to fight vlod which would make fighting him pretty trivial. I've been trying to figure it out for the last few days and just kept getting owned. Obviously if you can run away from the beckon in time before the AOE attack, you will be fine. However, with latency and especially if you are not potted (no run speed) it can be difficult to make it far enough to not get hit full force even if you hold down the run key away from Vlod as soon as you get beckoned in.

The key could be utilizing his beckon to have it actually throw you AWAY from him, as opposed to just trying to stay max distance and then getting sucked all the way to him. The question is, is it actually do-able during the chaos of combat? People dying and aggro switching around. Kiting around so that Vlod is constantly moving and AOE clouds accumulating in the room? I guess we'll find out!

It at least seems like a feasible solution with a potted group cuz theoretically you with a 4x pot you can just tank him in the corner right?
    Kiitz - Int/Dex Bear (66) || Kiitx - Dex Bird (66) || Kiitzx - Int/Dex Mage (66)

Tournament & Ladder Leader AbsolutePally's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Vlod is easy if you know how to kite. He does beckon but if youve fought bears in pvp you should know how to defend.
    Retired: Alwaysdt 71 Mage. Legends never die, they just fade away.

Revelation