Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Southern seas timed

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Default Southern seas timed

The boss will not die anymore. His health goes to 0 then back up a little before he runs and jumps off the ship. Before you could kill him on the spot and he not run away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

100% support, the time cannot be beaten as it was set before the boss was changed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #3
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,884 Posts

This was changed to prevent the boss from breaking when players can do too much damage in a single shot. It's not changing back. There's always next season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Futumsh View Post
    This was changed to prevent the boss from breaking when players can do too much damage in a single shot. It's not changing back. There's always next season.
    So those who killed it before the change get a free banner without any worry? Kinda defeats the point of timed records

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Thewolfbull For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

That leaves your game to be unfair and impractical. I thought this game was about being fair and all having a chance to succeed. All we ask is that you reset the time for southern seas. So that with the new changes everyone gets a fair chance at the banner for that map.
    Have a great day

Somewhere beyond and between here and nowhere...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

*cough**cough*
    Be happy that he fixed it finally after so many seasons of "fair game"
    Retired
    Tired of Dead Guilds & Offline FL? Click Here!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PsychoNuke For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoNuke View Post
    *cough**cough*
    Be happy that he fixed it finally after so many seasons of fair game
    What’s there to be happy about, that a scammer is holding the record???

10.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #8
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,884 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GamerAL79 View Post
    That leaves your game to be unfair and impractical. I thought this game was about being fair and all having a chance to succeed. All we ask is that you reset the time for southern seas. So that with the new changes everyone gets a fair chance at the banner for that map.
    Have a great day

It was broken in the same way for everyone before that. The time will reset when the season does.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Southern seas timed

It was broken in the same way for everyone before that. The time will reset when the season does.
    It’s just unfair really, that’s like people spending millions on an event to get top place to only realise the item isn’t tradeable until it’s owned. Oh wait you already did that.
    Go on keep being unfair to your players who spend a lot of cash to play this. The least you could do is reset that one singular time that would take you a split second to do.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Shouldn’t inan’hesh in ashral tower be the same then? You can still kill him on the spot. Or if you don’t do enough damage you have to wait ... feel free to change this one too so I can lock in my time hahaha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

This is absolutely ridiculous Futumsh. STS does this every season. They mess something up with some map and says "the time will be reset next season." Last season, it was hauntlet/arena/southern seas glitches which messed up the season. This season, it's the ultimate and southern seas: it used to be that you could use the ultimate without killing mobs, but now you can't. That's good, but you didn't reset the times after this change. And now, you're not willing to reset the southern seas time after a change YOU put in place. Does that make any logical sense? Seasons last many many months: saying "wait next season" isn't helpful nor useful.
    Last edited by wowdah; 10-10-2018 at 06:42 PM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45216&d=1383296273

Ign: frynoodles

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wowdah For This Useful Post:

15.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #12
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,884 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wowdah View Post
    This is absolutely ridiculous Futumsh. STS does this every season. They mess something up with some map and says "the time will be reset next season." Last season, it was hauntlet/arena/southern seas glitches which messed up the season. This season, it's the ultimate and southern seas: it used to be that you could use the ultimate without killing mobs, but now you can't. That's good, but you didn't reset the times after this change. And now, you're not willing to reset the southern seas time after a change YOU put in place. Does that make any logical sense? Seasons last many many months: saying "wait next season" isn't helpful nor useful.
    Frankly I'm inclined to just remove the leaderboard rewards altogether. We do updates almost every week, and content and balance changes, so there's always going to be something affected. They're really not worth the vitriol we get for them with the tiny fraction of the playerbase that tries for them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    265 Posts

Frankly I'm inclined to just remove the leaderboard rewards altogether. We do updates almost every week, and content and balance changes, so there's always going to be something affected. They're really not worth the vitriol we get for them with the tiny fraction of the playerbase that tries for them.
    I strongly recommend against this futumush :3. I know a lot of my friends who run that LB (not me cuz im a poor nub), and they would be really mad to learn that all of their work and money would have gone to waste. I personally do agree with frynoodles a little that the leaderboard is unfair now to a certain extent.

But with that being said @Frynoodles, if you have the movement speed required to do speed runs anyway, its only one map, there are plenty of others for you to get banners for as well, its not a big fuss that you arent on every single timed run leaderboard, you dont need to be on every single one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

When a tiny percentage of players play unfair its a big deal and banable offence, for example botters/scammers/platfarmers.
    When a tiny percentage of players are affecter by unfair game then it is ignored. Sure you should not expect vitriol.

Solution is simple: Take the responsibility.
    For example in this scenario its studio's fault that it took so many seasons to fix a simple exploit thats been reported for years. Then reset the time. I am sure players who did it once can achive best time again on that map fairly.

PS: While you are at it may be fix Inan’hesh as well.
    Retired

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PsychoNuke For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

So just because there is a tiny player base who run records they should be ignored? You get vitriol because of your choices: you make changes that directly affect timed runs, yet are unwilling to make the leaderboard fair. When things go wrong, you should take responsibility as the above said, and reset the times that were affected. Nobody is talking about gear + stat changes, they're talking about DIRECT CHANGES (e.g. this southern seas changes) or DIRECT GLITCHES (last season hauntlet/arena/ss glitch) which DIRECTLY affect the times. Why are you so adamant about not changing them: you yourself agree that it specifically makes the times slower and therefore unbeatable? I don't know how many times I need to say direct. I'm pissed off because I spent so much time on this game over these 5 years, and when I spend it doing something PART OF THE GAME (records), and spent a lot of time only to have a glitch or update DIRECTLY affect the time, you come here and say since I'm part of a small player base, I can be trod on. What an attitude to have.

and @Spheresome you missed the point entirely. It's not about me being on every one: it's about the game being fair. Simple as that.
    Last edited by wowdah; 10-11-2018 at 02:01 AM.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wowdah For This Useful Post:

21.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #16
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,884 Posts

I'm not going to remove existing times. That would unfair to the people that had already done them, with a substantial portion of the season already passed.

With tomorrow's patch the timer will end when the boss starts to run away. That's as close as you're going to get.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

I'm not going to remove existing times. That would unfair to the people that had already done them, with a substantial portion of the season already passed.

With tomorrow's patch the timer will end when the boss starts to run away. That's as close as you're going to get.
    Hmm, that sounds alright.
    From next season onwards can you implement this rule that if a time is set using a exploit then:
    1)The exploit will be fixed as soon its reported (sure per your convienience).
    2)Time will reset once the exploit is fixed.
    Retired

23. The Following User Says Thank You to PsychoNuke For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

If you go and look through your system data, those times where done about 2/3 months ago.. Hardly a large portion of the season gone when it was done. And it was before sts decided to fix the boss from insta dying. No one expected Sts to change that nor was it mentioned that it would be changed. The solution is to make it the way it was. So people can compete against each other in a friendly manner. This leaves a sour taste as usual. (same with Hydra, people spent lots of money to work on the LB, yet sts is constantly changing the map during the month)

25. The Following User Says Thank You to MasterP For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

I don't understand how you're concerned about it being unfair to the people who already did them, but not concerned about it being unfair to the hundreds of people who now cannot beat the map NO MATTER WHAT due to a fix? Which one is more unfair? Last season there was a bug in arena and hauntlet and southern seas which made the map unbeatable for the entire season. I literally had the record in southern seas and I was begging for my time to be REMOVED so that the map would be fair and able to be beat again, to no avail. All I'm asking is that you make appropriate changes to the timed run leaderboard whenever you make a change that directly makes the map unbeatable (as in this case). I'm not talking about changes like gear or stats that make times easier to beat, or slightly harder, I'm talking about UNBEATABLE here.

And yeah, the timed were done like maybe less than a month after the new season was released? probably even only a couple weeks. There is just so much wrong with this decision, Futumsh.

I've ran timed for 5+ years (that's the only thing I do in AL), so I have a ton of experience with how people run maps and how much time they put into them. When a map becomes unbeatable, they do not deserve to have the time anymore (just like I didn't deserve to have my southern seas enhanced due to a glitch). There will be no complaining due to this decision, and it will make the game fair again.

Also, one idea, is to make the map easier whenever you make a change that makes maps unbeatable. Therefore, you don't need to remove any times, and it's fair for everyone.

Edit: I realize I may have been a little too harsh, given that you did indeed change the map to be "more beatable" because you made the time end when it starts walking. Could it end when the health gets below that certain part, rather than when it starts walking? Or is that what it's already doing?
    Last edited by wowdah; 10-12-2018 at 02:58 PM.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to wowdah For This Useful Post:

28.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #20
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,884 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wowdah View Post
    Could it end when the health gets below that certain part, rather than when it starts walking? Or is that what it's already doing?
    The health when he starts running away was reduced to almost nothing when the change to stop the timer when he runs went in.