Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Hardcore mode info and feedback request

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

After reading through all the comments and suggestions i am more confused now than after reading the initial announcement. It said initially if we die, we reset to level 1 and lose gear, after there was a post by Justq saying if plat revive, we reset to level 1 with gear, so we dont lose gear afterall? Some suggestions sound good others not so much. However, i would caution STS that it does sound like hardcore will split the game into factions, will hardcore players separate from their guilds and friends? I believe this requires a great deal of planning and should think carefully prior to introducing this new content. Someone, In the midst of these posts, suggested a beta run, a great idea imo, people could get idea of what is involved. Many are talking in game about hardcore, and almost all have stated they believe it may be the death of AL. Please STS post full explanation of hardcore, how it impacts main character, and why we should even bother.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rosna For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ilvias View Post
    Well being on lb doesn't mean they are the only ones who are able to run fast or they are op. I have so many friends which are op and aren't on lb. They are crazy enough to accept the hardcore challenge. To be honest solo mode I don't like. Its a rogue thingy. If i wanna runs maps solo I play a different game.
    I also have op friends as well that ain't on lb not sure if you're listening or not but this is what I see happening all top lb players running together then bragging they got banner lvl etc while all the poor players with only a few friends with different time zones etc don't come online or yet still don't even play anymore...
    people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kairihearts View Post
    I also have op friends as well that ain't on lb not sure if you're listening or not but this is what I see happening all top lb players running together then bragging they got banner lvl etc while all the poor players with only a few friends with different time zones etc don't come online or yet still don't even play anymore...
    Not all of them......
    If there would be a competition for stupidity, I would be second. Cause I’m stupid

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts

I really don't care if no one agrees or likes my posts this is what will happen as it does with most things mabye not all but I know a lot of names who will peace out.
    people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Running the harder maps will be extremely hard considering how bad drop rates are on gear , also the no trade rule is making it even harder so if you loot something thats not your class its useless .
    Maybe you could replace all the other class items on the loot table with items we can use , and in the endgame introduce drops we would normally see in locks . This way its worth going into maus and risking getting hit by a curse .

Ign : Derp - endgame main / Gouiwaa : will be a twink once twinking is back / Derpynuts : lvl1 , my troll account

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

I disconnect a lot. So I'll be losing stuff on the regular ��

MAGE OF DEVIANT MISFITSKGKGKFK

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Testing something. Disregard

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts

Personally I think there really isn't any incentive for a hardcore toon, they can't trade, stash or use auction and their achievements and titles are character bound. If one dies in PvE or PvP they have to start over from scratch.

While I think a hardcore mode is interesting I feel like it would be better done with different or rather reoptimised maps, similar to how Elite mode scales the difficulty of the mobs etc, hardcore would make the mobs/bosses easier or different (e.g. different attack patterns).
    Also I think reworking item drops for hardcore toons would be good, perhaps an exclusive currency or point system earned only by hardcore toons similar to Somberhault, HC toons can use these points in exchange for elixirs, gear or other useful items. Item drop wise, increase drop frequency of actually good items makes a lot of sense, as they cannot be traded it's not like it would greatly impact the general market.
    Making achievements account based instead of character based seems like a good idea, it seems impossible for a HC toon to make it on the top of the LBs so making the achievement account based as well as titles would provide more incentive to do hardcore. Perhaps also unique vanity outfits or gem rewards for HC based achievements that can are automatically rewarded into stash, cannot be traded, but then also give an endgame use for HC mode.

In general I think hardcore would be interesting and a fun challenge, however I think it would make more sense to have specified content or system for those character as opposed to just have general rules and throwing them into the same content.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

I still don't get the purpose of this mode is this still al?

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    121 Posts

From my point of view this lose of gear is a bad idea. I can understand the char death lock and plat buy back. But to lose everything I have worked for and bought without anyway to get it back is too much for my blood... If that is how it works in hardcore mode I doubt I will be doing it...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

I don't see any hardcore from it when you can still using your plats.They can open chest,buy gold,gears,potions,elixirs and pets instantly from the shop.Hardcore doesn't use shortcut.No plat user for this mode and make another currency as loot.When f2p and whale play the same gameplay,you deserve hardcore title.

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

I agree on pvp hardcore tho. Other than that no.
    Quote Originally Posted by ciagenny View Post
    I still don't get the purpose of this mode is this still al?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Not good at all
    Perma death and using plat to respawn? Plus losing items? That's the worst thing ever

Excited for nothing..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Might as well make banners tradable if I decide to use main acct for hard cord at least I keep my old stuff 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

At current conditions, i would litterly play this once die and put into my "never trying that again" chest. Its a good idea but there is absolutely no reward except a i did it banner i can wear around town and not even be able to trade stash or cs. Haha no thx
    Click the link to get to my new Signature Shop!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Achievements At hardcore mode is most horibole ideas ever because this game uselly lagging, reconnecting and frozen.... and if u want to be in top u have to do that... super bad idea! Better take the achievements off and who want they can do it but it shouldn’t be “mast thing”.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    418 Posts

I would find the idea more appealing if for example our HC toon was let say the soul of our main character, and that all reward(title and banner) we get can be use by our main character, when we play for years with same character we become very conservative and very attached to it, so to have a completely new character is not appealing to me at all, thank you

19. The Following User Says Thank You to PatD For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PatD View Post
    I would find the idea more appealing if for example our HC toon was let say the soul of our main character, and that all reward(title and banner) we get can be use by our main character, when we play for years with same character we become very conservative and very attached to it, so to have a completely new character is not appealing to me at all, thank you
    I agree, the aps is what appeals to me, would need on my main

Sent from my LGLS450 using Tapatalk

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Alfabeast For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alfabeast View Post
    I agree, the aps is what appeals to me, would need on my main

Sent from my LGLS450 using Tapatalk
    Same. Is a given to me that aps is added on my main.
    Looking forward on how Sts is going to release hardcore!!! Can’t really guess what will be XD
    In my opinion will be something a little different from normal AL playstyle, with ideas coming from FMJ. An AL PVE FMJ xD
    Also hope there will be no different classes....and no pets. Just keep it simple
    If there would be a competition for stupidity, I would be second. Cause I’m stupid

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Interesting idea, but just because of the inconsistency of broadband internet, power outages, etc.... I don’t see this as a desirable option. Even if you did everything perfect, you are bound to die at least once along the way due to circumstances beyond your control.