Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Hardcore mode info and feedback request

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

I'm fine with anything as long as we can transfer those APs, Banners and Titles to our main character.

I would suggest that Hardcore Characters that reach Level 71 should enter some sort of Hall of Fame, where our main toon's name is written, and we get all the stuff transferred to our main. Stuff as in gold, items, titles, banners, and the APs. That way we can show off what we've achieved. After that happens the Hardcore Character is deleted, or whatever, as I don't see the point of playing it after max level is reached.

You could take this one step further and make APs for all the three classes. My idea is like having "Hardcore Mage Lv71", "Hardcore Rogue Lv71", and "Hardcore Warrior Lv71". So basically we could be a super omega pro AL Players and show all of those titles off in our main character. :3
    Retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

All I can I don’t like this idea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Gold inflation - Hardcore toon solves this.
    Gear inflation - Hardcore toon solves this.
    Pet inflation - Hardcore toon solves this.

But ah, people actually liked all of the above 'problems' AND complaining about them. Got it. Don't worry. Hardcore toon is a choice. No need to play one. The world is as it was and nothing will change.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Perma-death in a game like AL where most of the playerbase have ping issues is a recipe for disaster imo and pvp is toxic enough, imagine some guy has ping issues, gets ganged, losses all his gear.. GD would be spammed with thread upon thread of complaints

I'd rather see a 'hardmode' for every map in the game, scaled to cap level, upon entering these maps with a party, you get a list of options like:

No pots run - pots are totally disabled, forcing players to use CC, a warrior would always be needed for aggro, mages for aoe/cc and rogues to nuke the bosses fast. you could also add layers on this like: complete the map in 3mins50sec + pots disabled = better reward. complete the map in 3mins50sec + pots disabled + no death run = amazing reward for everyone in that group. this way all classes are useful and people would actually have to use tactics and strategy without running past everything with a speed set.

part of my idea comes from WoW and mythic+ system which has weekly affixes for each endgame dungeon, for AL it could be like:

when each mob reaches 15% hp, enrages increasing that mobs dmg by 50% -> people would need to target specific mobs first
    Bosses enrage after x amount of time -> Rogues will be needed to tunnel the boss, mages take care of the aoe while warrior keeps taunt

just a thought from someone passing by, i haven't played AL in months but something like this would keep everyone busy

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arkiouj For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

I hope my credit card can stand this so called hardcore mode.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Im not sure if this has be brought up but,
    A perma death sounds a litttle too hardcore. Lost of equipment sounds fine tho.
    I think a slightly more fair and motivating gamestyle would be to have temporary deaths on ban? I was thinking maybe a 1 week ban after dying. When you relog, you lose ur equipments.

Sent from my SM-N920S using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Question:
    These characters that you're saying will be deleted permanently will they be the character we are using right now or will this be a separate thing? I.e. we will have a 2nd char play with it, try to get as high lvl as we can, hope to get good equipment as we are fighting and if we die its game over like a battle royal? O.o

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

Somewhere beyond and between here and nowhere...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightySufyan View Post
    Question:
    These characters that you're saying will be deleted permanently will they be the character we are using right now or will this be a separate thing? I.e. we will have a 2nd char play with it, try to get as high lvl as we can, hope to get good equipment as we are fighting and if we die its game over like a battle royal? O.o

This idea is more like the DiabloII Ladders.
    What is the Ladder concept? Google it
    Retired
    Tired of Dead Guilds & Offline FL? Click Here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

any halloween event preview?xd

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That helped explain a lot of things thx for the info
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoNuke View Post
    This idea is more like the DiabloII Ladders.
    What is the Ladder concept? Google it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Losing all gear and starting from scratch is kinda insane, imagine running maus, 0 deaths and no good pet etc and I curse mistake and gg back to start all over again. I find it impossible. Can it be something about gear that would reset to low level or gear drops and you can go back and pick it up or limited amount of deaths before reset.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Another idea would be if it is a sub level, you can enter a specific map that has mobs according to the highest person sub level, if you die you lose 10 levels. The mobs start easy to kill with ok gear and the higher the level the harder and getting the sub level to high level would be super hard that requires high skills and gear.
    Thank you,
    Fierce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I really want to know if we will have an option maybe in the game if we want to turn in to hardcore or stay to normal as we are right now..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

I really like this hardcore idea! Brings new life into this game. Would be great if we could get unique gears and pets in this hardcore mode only. Hope eventually the hardcore chars can join the normal game after some time, and bring all the goodies u collected. This way we get some more diversity ingame and make sure that everyone will run this hardcore mode.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

1. Why should we play the hardcore mode
    2. What if u die because ping dc

Gesendet von meinem HTC 10 mit Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

My idea about this mode is, when you dead at specific lvl, your xp will be reset to 0 of your lvl xp. It's not going back to lvl 1, but at 0 xp of each lvl.

Or

You can add a safe point system, like once you reach lvl 5,10,15 etc you get ur record save, so when u dead u r not reset at all.

For loosing what you get throughout ur journey, I disagree. Because it'll make people frustrated instead of challenging.

No trade, no auc, etc I agree with this

For guild, I hope we can still communicate between hardcore and non hard player.

And yeah, I think hardcore mode can brings the pvp mode life again because people gear are stable, not so op bcoz of awakening things (not bcoz I dnt want waste much, oh really)

Really excited for next sneak peak.
    Thanks

Topsorc

Sent from my ASUS_Z00RD using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Best for me is to make an other server on the game..name it hardcore and any one that wants to play it go and play it..

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Greekrogue For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

I am still confused regarding the information that has been shared.
    If the toon you are using is really going to lose it all, won't it be better to have hardcore maps in a similar fashion the way we access the elite maps, only that in these hardcore maps all the rules mentioned above will be applicable. But you can switch to normal mode whenever you want to and continue with your toon's normal version like usual. In the hardcore mode the toon will survive on what they earn along the way and survive. Just my thoughts on this.

And regarding using plat to revive, I would like it if there is some other alternative like some new tokens dropped in hardcore maps to revive, not everybody can invest in platinum

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

interesting im assuming this will be a completely separate area where we still have our main account but a new one starting at level 1?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Happy Monday!

As some of you may know, we're working on a hardcore mode and we'd love your feedback.

Rules:

- Perma-death/ equipment loss in PvE and PvP
    - Resurrect @ L1 for plat
    - Hardcore cannot play with non-hardcore in PvE (we're going to need your help in tracking down all the edge cases here)
    - No trade/ no stash
    - No tier-up gift packs

Rewards:

- Tier Banners (L46, L66, L71)
    - Tier Achievements
    - Tier Titles
    - Tier System Announcements
    - Colored Name (on capped hardcore toon)

What do you think?

Thanks, and have a great week!

- g
    hello does this mean we have spawn with no gear and have to get to lvl 71 with looting gear in hardcore mode and still keep our gear in the normal mode?