My speculations:

- A quest has to be finished (you can see this quest currently), that will access you the choice to go Hardmode.

- X amount of plat is required for you to make a Hardmode toon. With numerous cautions. General rules, and guidelines should be added as a notification before starting.

About the Hardcore toon:

- I imagine it as 2 seperate toons, the Normal toon where all progress is saved, nothing touched. And the Hardcore toon with its vast limitations.

- There will be a 4rd campaign map (Hardcore), such that in the World maps we'll see (Normal, Elite, Pvp and Hardcore maps). The Hardcore campaign map will consist of numerous maps where you'll start your journey, just like the Normal maps, it will start of easy at first, and progressively harder the more levels, and maps you unlock.

- You could only loadout your Hardcore toon in this Hardcore campaign map, it will default spawn the appropiate toons. Example: you went to Braken, then it loads your Normal toon, you went to a map in the Hardcore section, then it loads your Hardcore toon. It does this in default. So no, you cannot loadout your Normal toon in the Hardcore campaign vice versa.

- About the perma-death/ Equipment loss. No, your main toon wouldn't be affected, but rather your hardmode toon. Example: You died at lv10, then all your progress from the Hardcore toon will be liquidated.

By the term perma-death, it should mean your chance is gone as you're dead, no resurrection afterwards, and thats where this Plat revive option is used. You could have another chance to start from level 1, but with another plat purchase.

- There will be no Auction, stash nor trading in this mode, it makes it even harder.

- Lets say you manage to cap in Hardcore mode, then the APs and rewards will be registered on your Normal toon.

- Only way to gain Xp is by killing enemies, no awakes, kits nor Dailies helping you out. Or 2x Hardcore Xp event.

- Only thing you could bring with you are your vanities, pets and friends.

Generalization:

- The concept is old, such that if you die, you restart. Minecraft for example has this mode just saying.

- The first try of Hardcore Mode should be free, such that all players has a chance, if players die, and would like to do succeeding attempts, then a new Token is used for the exchange, not Plat.

- This new token can be farmed/crafted in both Normal/Hardcore mode perhaps in some quests. Reason for this Token is to prevent people from over trying and making it easier then expected. A level requirement is placed high, such that people wouldn't abuse making new toons to get the 1st Attempt free. I know STS is smart, and would make an option to purchase these tokens for plat in store.

- I believe we should need some extent of socialization in this Hardcore mode, by enabling trading for gears, just incase you looted something not your class.

Ty.

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk