Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Hardcore mode info and feedback request

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

It sucks, it also takes the time away from finishing mid-high tier quests.
    Lvl 16 rogue, lvl 71 rogue IGN jackyhorse

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Froze.Exe View Post
    Like sword art online concept..if ur character die..you will die also..haha
    Same as sao you should add a very rare item that can resurrect player from dead....it would be nice to hunt this rare item just to revive ur fwnd or love one..hehe
    I dont mind if theres no trading system to avoid scam but please add auction system cuz auction is life...😊😊😊

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

the hc mode and the normal will be unrelated right ? if not what if each time you die you lose a lvl (while in hardcore mode you should get atleast x4 the normal xp gain tho.)
    what about especial bosses for the sake of lore. Reincarnated lord madron or inah hesh the last boss from nordr is cool too

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

You know its hardcore when people complain XD

Honestly though, things to consider and explain for some who don't seem to understand:

Permadeath, equipment loss in PvP and PvE and resurrect at level 1 for plat explained-from-what-a-fellow-player-has-gathered
    In PvE terms: This means if you die at any level while playing hardcore, you will LOSE ALL EQUIPMENT YOU HAVE GAINED DURING YOUR TIME PLAYING HARDCORE, for those that are still a little confused, YOU DO NOT ENTER HARDCORE MODE WITH YOUR CURRENT GEAR so you don't lose what your character literally has RIGHT NOW. When you die, your character is literally gone unless you resurrect it for platinum. You can resurrect your character at level 1 for a considerable amount of platinum WITHOUT THE GEAR YOU GAINED but resurrecting your character is the only way to get your character back.

In PvP terms: I don't even think someone with 1 brain cell would even try to enter PvP when there is so much to lose and no gain UNLESS there is a ridiculous amount of XP/awesome gear to be gained from hardcore PvP...then again, players would just dummy farm their way to hardcore 71.

Permadeath, equipment loss in PvP and PvE and resurrect at level 1 for plat suggestions
    - I don't see any issues with the platinum cost to revive BUT there must be something to account for unexpected variables (disconnecting and ping spikes). Maybe if the system detects a ping spike, there can be a immunity period applied to your character until re-connection. If such a thing cannot be done, you could simply give all hardcore players around 5-ish free resurrects (this way, non-plat players would know when they are beat i.e. they would know when they can no longer continue hardcore mode without the need to say "oh its just pay to win". With this, its not like you aren't giving them a chance). You could also make it so players can resurrect each other for free within a few seconds. I buy platinum now and then and I will say its a lose-lose for both sides if resurrecting is platinum only because on one side you would need to spend platinum to resurrect for every unexpected variable and on the other side you can't even resurrect (that's why I think the idea to allow party members to be able to resurrect each other within a few seconds would be fair-play to all).

- Equipment loss upon death should be applied if you decide to let party members resurrect each other.

Hardcore cannot play with non hardcore in PvE, no trade, no stash suggestions
    Because of these literal dead end handicaps applied by playing hardcore, I would like to say the hardcore rewards should be transferable to another character on the same account (coloured titles should be chests that can only be opened on one chosen character).

Tier rewards suggestions
    All rewards are really nice but maybe vanities can also be added? Can rogues get an arcane circle aura vanity for the first time ever lol? Also, please don't make system announcements...no body will logically play with their main character if the handicaps are put in place...we will be seeing "SYSTEM: sgjsgsdksdfjk has achieved tier 71".

Lastly, There should really be a way to return to non-hardcore mode once you feel you can no longer continue (after resurrecting of course) or when you achieve hardcore 71.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Perceval For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

My speculations:

- A quest has to be finished (you can see this quest currently), that will access you the choice to go Hardmode.

- X amount of plat is required for you to make a Hardmode toon. With numerous cautions. General rules, and guidelines should be added as a notification before starting.

About the Hardcore toon:

- I imagine it as 2 seperate toons, the Normal toon where all progress is saved, nothing touched. And the Hardcore toon with its vast limitations.

- There will be a 4rd campaign map (Hardcore), such that in the World maps we'll see (Normal, Elite, Pvp and Hardcore maps). The Hardcore campaign map will consist of numerous maps where you'll start your journey, just like the Normal maps, it will start of easy at first, and progressively harder the more levels, and maps you unlock.

- You could only loadout your Hardcore toon in this Hardcore campaign map, it will default spawn the appropiate toons. Example: you went to Braken, then it loads your Normal toon, you went to a map in the Hardcore section, then it loads your Hardcore toon. It does this in default. So no, you cannot loadout your Normal toon in the Hardcore campaign vice versa.

- About the perma-death/ Equipment loss. No, your main toon wouldn't be affected, but rather your hardmode toon. Example: You died at lv10, then all your progress from the Hardcore toon will be liquidated.

By the term perma-death, it should mean your chance is gone as you're dead, no resurrection afterwards, and thats where this Plat revive option is used. You could have another chance to start from level 1, but with another plat purchase.

- There will be no Auction, stash nor trading in this mode, it makes it even harder.

- Lets say you manage to cap in Hardcore mode, then the APs and rewards will be registered on your Normal toon.

- Only way to gain Xp is by killing enemies, no awakes, kits nor Dailies helping you out. Or 2x Hardcore Xp event.

- Only thing you could bring with you are your vanities, pets and friends.

Generalization:

- The concept is old, such that if you die, you restart. Minecraft for example has this mode just saying.

- The first try of Hardcore Mode should be free, such that all players has a chance, if players die, and would like to do succeeding attempts, then a new Token is used for the exchange, not Plat.

- This new token can be farmed/crafted in both Normal/Hardcore mode perhaps in some quests. Reason for this Token is to prevent people from over trying and making it easier then expected. A level requirement is placed high, such that people wouldn't abuse making new toons to get the 1st Attempt free. I know STS is smart, and would make an option to purchase these tokens for plat in store.

- I believe we should need some extent of socialization in this Hardcore mode, by enabling trading for gears, just incase you looted something not your class.

Ty.

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Perceval View Post
    You know its hardcore when people complain XD

Honestly though, things to consider and explain for some who don't seem to understand:

Permadeath, equipment loss in PvP and PvE and resurrect at level 1 for plat explained-from-what-a-fellow-player-has-gathered
    In PvE terms: This means if you die at any level while playing hardcore, you will LOSE ALL EQUIPMENT YOU HAVE GAINED DURING YOUR TIME PLAYING HARDCORE, for those that are still a little confused, YOU DO NOT ENTER HARDCORE MODE WITH YOUR CURRENT GEAR so you don't lose what your character literally has RIGHT NOW. When you die, your character is literally gone unless you resurrect it for platinum. You can resurrect your character at level 1 for a considerable amount of platinum WITHOUT THE GEAR YOU GAINED but resurrecting your character is the only way to get your character back.

In PvP terms: I don't even think someone with 1 brain cell would even try to enter PvP when there is so much to lose and no gain UNLESS there is a ridiculous amount of XP/awesome gear to be gained from hardcore PvP...then again, players would just dummy farm their way to hardcore 71.

Permadeath, equipment loss in PvP and PvE and resurrect at level 1 for plat suggestions
    - I don't see any issues with the platinum cost to revive BUT there must be something to account for unexpected variables (disconnecting and ping spikes). Maybe if the system detects a ping spike, there can be a immunity period applied to your character until re-connection. If such a thing cannot be done, you could simply give all hardcore players around 5-ish free resurrects (this way, non-plat players would know when they are beat i.e. they would know when they can no longer continue hardcore mode without the need to say "oh its just pay to win". With this, its not like you aren't giving them a chance). You could also make it so players can resurrect each other for free within a few seconds. I buy platinum now and then and I will say its a lose-lose for both sides if resurrecting is platinum only because on one side you would need to spend platinum to resurrect for every unexpected variable and on the other side you can't even resurrect (that's why I think the idea to allow party members to be able to resurrect each other within a few seconds would be fair-play to all).

- Equipment loss upon death should be applied if you decide to let party members resurrect each other.

Hardcore cannot play with non hardcore in PvE, no trade, no stash suggestions
    Because of these literal dead end handicaps applied by playing hardcore, I would like to say the hardcore rewards should be transferable to another character on the same account (coloured titles should be chests that can only be opened on one chosen character).

Tier rewards suggestions
    All rewards are really nice but maybe vanities can also be added? Can rogues get an arcane circle aura vanity for the first time ever lol? Also, please don't make system announcements...no body will logically play with their main character if the handicaps are put in place...we will be seeing "SYSTEM: sgjsgsdksdfjk has achieved tier 71".

Lastly, There should really be a way to return to non-hardcore mode once you feel you can no longer continue (after resurrecting of course) or when you achieve hardcore 71.
    Perhaps I've answered some of the possible genralization questions of yours? In my speculations at post #101.

Such that yes, you could switch from Normal to Hardcore vice versa.

My theory is a 4th campaign map (Hardcore). Such that we'll see (Normal, Elite, Pvp and Hardcore maps) in the World maps. Your Hardcore toon will only load in this campaign, and cannot be accesed by your Normal toon, and vice versa. It does this in default.

And for the rest of your speculations, yes, we seemed to have the same thoughts or theories about it.

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I would like to suggest something for this mode:-

1)If a player enters a hardcore mode then the player should be able to run non-hardcore mode too.But for this the players should die in hardcore mode and then the player will come back to non-hardcore mode.
    2)If the player is dead in hardcore mode then the player would need platinum to resurrect to run hardcore mode again.But if the player does not have platinum then the player will be resurrect after few days lets say after 5 days.And if the player want to run and does not have platinum and want to run before 5 days then the player need to craft special revive potion which can be introduced by STS.The ingredient for the special revive can be farmed in both modes.The ingredient and potion should be non-tradable and non-stashable.
    3)The lvling should be based on xp and when the player enters the hardcore mode then there lvl will be lvl 1 but there lvls at non-hardcore mode should be same.Lvling from lvl 1-lvl 10 should not be that much hard and after that the difficulty can be raised.And if anyone dies in hardcore mode then one should not be deleted permanently but they should not be able to run the mode for certain days.If u die at any level and while reviving again one will lose some percentage of lvls instead of reseting to lvl 1.Lets say if u die at lvl 50 and then u will lose 25% of lvl i.e u will lose 12 lvls.
    4)The players have to farm weapons and with that weapons the players should farm xp to reach lvl 70.If anyone dies in hardcore mode then the player would lose all gear so that when he resurrect in non-hardcore mode he wont be able to use those stuffs.But after entering the hardcore mode again the player will be given a chest and while opening he will get common version of gears for his lvl.Lets say if he is lvl 10 then he will get lvl 10 common gears and with that gear he have to farm good gear in hardcore mode again.
    5)Stash and auction house should not be available in this mode.But the title and banner obtained in this mode will be directly open and given to the player and the player can show the title and banner in non-hardcore modes too.
    6)After one reach lvl 70 then the player will be able to use stash and can stash some gears and stuffs in hardcore mode but if he dies at lvl 70 then he lose lvl and he wont be able to use stash again.

Sent from my SM-G531H using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

I want to start off to say I think it's great STS that you guys our thinking of new ideas to try for AL and also taking community feedback on how to build this mode. With that being said I'm a little disappointed about Hardcore Mode so far. I was really hoping it would be Endgame Lvl 71 Content that we could play on our Main Accounts. There is nothing more I despise in this game then Lvling lol...so this whole idea is a automatic no for me. Hmm I guess in my head I was hoping more for a Call Of Duty Zombie Arena style type of combat:

The Lvls don't represent actually Lvling a character but a Wave that consist of Mobs, Mini-Boss(Or Multiple), and Main Boss(Or Multiple). The higher the Lvl the harder the Wave. Glint Set, Arc Armor, Endless Set, Tainted Set, and Mire Set Bonuses with Awakes work in this mode/map. Size of map could be NM Raid style. If you die you don't lose gear but get sent back to the first Wave. If at least one person in PT survives the Wave, the people who died get to respawn back to the next Wave. No plat respawn. Two of the same class max in a PT. Colored Titles, Banners and AP's included for reaching a certain Wave. Rewards after each Wave or if you reach a certain Wave Lvl is up to you guys.

I think a map/ mode like this would be really fun. Would have a replay value. Would give the people who spent close to 100m on Mire Set (I don't own Mire Set) a harder Elite Map besides Deep Marsh. I hope STS you guys have something awesome planed for us Lvl 71 Endgamers as well or feel free use this idea .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

(*EDIT) In PvP terms: I don't even think someone with 1 brain cell would even try to enter PvP when there is so much to lose and no gain UNLESS there is a ridiculous amount of XP/awesome gear to be gained from hardcore PvP. I don't think there is really a way to dummy farm this since dying resets you to level 1...level brackets and all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Besides the entire gameplay of within the hardcore mode, the idea of having to have a seprate toon altogether apart from our main doesnt sit well with me either. Dalmony has already given us a proper reason as to why (also heya Dal, long time no see ).

I like the idea of having the hardcore mode similar to how we enter the elite mode tho or dreamscape fo that matter. So my suggestions are based on this.
    To enter to hardcore mode,have us craft a portal at first (from existing materials) which we can keep in our houses ( also allow us to design it please :3). So when we enter, we are still are main character selves except since its a differnt mode or an alternate universe so to speak, we start everything from scratch which includes lvls and what not and only rewards are shared. I dont mind the fact that you enter without any gears and loose if you die because thats how I'd expect it to be being all hardcore and all.

The first ever entry would be free and if you die, its either rip or use plats to revive as intended. This part I dont mind but if we die, we should be pushed back into our normal mode if we don't have the means to revive. But if plats are used to revive, have a plat increment after every death like a fibonacci sequence or power of 2 sequence or some other. My reason being its hardcore on plats too ( a silly idea I know >_< )

Since it's a hardcore mode, it makes sense to me to make it plat revive but it would benefit alot if we could farm for some certain kind of tokens in normal mode which are equally hard to obtain, to be used instead of plats to revive. More so, so that f2p isnt left out.And for the sake of our f2p peeps, I suggest making everyday, one free entry the same as dreamscape, or make every third day a single free entry, or have two seperate days in the week where everyone gets one free entry. But the second entry from portal whould cost plats including non designated days if at all.
    meep meep

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Gaprisha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Wait i dont get it whats the point of resurrection with plats (even without plats) when you'll lose everything when you die? When you die u can just delete the char and remake one whats the points of resurrect it lol tbh. Or ressurection we get to keep the item obtain but level back to 1 if so it contradict with one of the rules gear loss. Do you guys understand whats the point of hardcore mode its for pure loves among player and the game but not a tunnel to win the game with pay to win. Player plays hardcore mode to get out of pay to win mechanic and enjoy the game fron scratch yet you guys trying to introduce it back to the players.
    Last edited by Justg; 10-09-2018 at 11:38 AM. Reason: less drama

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Hope G will give us more details XD
    With informations we have it’s just speculation......
    Could also be that this hardcore mode would be similar to Full Metal Jackpot, where Pvp make a lot of sense....
    Still with big hype about this mode xD
    We need SPOILEEEEERZZZ
    If there would be a competition for stupidity, I would be second. Cause I’m stupid

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Trying adding practice mode for each map so that player can see whether they will manage to complete the map without dying or not without risking their hardcore status. And of course practice mode should not cost plat . Also all the pots used in practice mode will be consumed and no reward or gold drop at all since you guys like 0 gold drop implementation so much this is the price for it.( mechanic taken from runescape for practice mode in boss instance food/gear degrade in practice mode will not be refunded)
    Last edited by Justg; 10-09-2018 at 11:37 AM. Reason: good feedback, less drama

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Wait devs hardcore mode is a new difficulty level like normal, elite or a new character status. If character status please say hardcore character instead of hardcore mode. From some prev comments some think its a difficulty level or is my understanding wrong.

17.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #115
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tahtto007 View Post
    Wait devs hardcore mode is a new difficulty level like normal, elite or a new character status. If character status please say hardcore character instead of hardcore mode. From some prev comments some think its a difficulty level or is my understanding wrong.
    Hardcore CHARACTER, sorry about the confusion!

Current plan is you start at Level 1. No trade/ auction/ stash. No tier care packages.

If you die you are done. If you plat revive you are back at level 1 (with gear).

Lots of great questions and feedback in this thread, we're still collecting and collating, keep it up!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Maybe it could be one alternative world, like Arlor destroyed, another dimension that you can swap on the map, like elite, but than you join there lvl 1 , and without nothing. To back to real world could be paying something, gold, platinum or some kind of tokens. Would be meh get all this new aps, or title and don't show to all your friends that are in the normal mode. Because mostly of the ppl like to show off their achievements.

Enviado de meu MotoG3 usando o Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post

Current plan is you start at Level 1. No trade/ auction/ stash. No tier care packages.

If you die you are done. If you plat revive you are back at level 1 (with gear).

Lots of great questions and feedback in this thread, we're still collecting and collating, keep it up!
    How do we get the achievements on our main characters if we have to make a new character? If the APs aren't account wide, I don't see hardcore mode being that popular.

Somewhere beyond and between here and nowhere...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post

I am so confused, if I understand this right: players will have to be level 71 to get the quest from Festerfang. right? Then once you take the quest the character level will reset to level 1? What will happen to the level 71 equipment and items?
    Retired
    Tired of Dead Guilds & Offline FL? Click Here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Infectivity View Post
    How do we get the achievements on our main characters if we have to make a new character? If the APs aren't account wide, I don't see hardcore mode being that popular.
    I agree , I'd like to get the aps on my mains,

Sent from my LGLS450 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

My opinion: only be able to stash gold.
    Also when you hit cap make everything stashable as a reward and reward a cool tradable vanity for the hard work. That way we didnt spend hours apon hours to get a gold title haha.
    Make egg drops and equipment drop in more maps that drop mythic and arcane (very rare drops for myth and arcane) and eventully make it stackable at cap as a reward.
    Who ever drops the arcane items with be very lucky haha
    Click the link to get to my new Signature Shop!