Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Hardcore mode info and feedback request

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Okay so after reconsideration and Justg telling a bit more this sounds like it will be a challenge and I am keeping though I wish we could get a bit of a headstart somehow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    149 Posts

Is this some kind of April fool's joke? If this is for real I won't be participating in hardcore mode. I like my gear and pets too much to rush losing them forever I definitely will not revive for platinum platinum is the only way I make money on Arcane legends so no hardcore mode just isn't my style.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to scarysmerf For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azerothraven View Post
    Okay so after reconsideration and Justg telling a bit more this sounds like it will be a challenge and I am keeping though I wish we could get a bit of a headstart somehow.
    What's the point of a headstart when the whole idea is to make it hardcore?

Any sort of extra buff or help, even the platinum revives should not be included in such stuff.
    Retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by arcanefid View Post
    What's the point of a headstart when the whole idea is to make it hardcore?

Any sort of extra buff or help, even the platinum revives should not be included in such stuff.
    It's just sts acknowledging the current players who worked hard many years and sorta gets an option to buy a bit more but it does not mean you have to use it ofc so u can chose not to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    412 Posts

wow pure insanity it says **HARDCORE** a very steep consequence

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Happy Monday!

As some of you may know, we're working on a hardcore mode and we'd love your feedback.

Rules:

- Perma-death/ equipment loss in PvE and PvP
    - Resurrect @ L1 for plat
    - Hardcore cannot play with non-hardcore in PvE (we're going to need your help in tracking down all the edge cases here)
    - No trade/ no stash
    - No tier-up gift packs

Rewards:

- Tier Banners (L46, L66, L71)
    - Tier Achievements
    - Tier Titles
    - Tier System Announcements
    - Colored Name (on capped hardcore toon)

What do you think?

Thanks, and have a great week!

- g

So...the only incentive for this hardcore mode is a title and aps? It feels a little bit like I'm retiring my character if i go hardcore.

Reasons why I don't like it:
    1. Can't make gold becuz since no trade,stash, or auction
    2. Can't play unless I have plat
    3. Can't play with non hardcore means limited friends
    4. What about events...unless there's a hardcore mode then I can't even do those either?
    5. Once I hit lvl 71hardcore, who will risk playing more in order to go back to lvl 1?
    6. Aps shouldn't affect non hardcore players if they don't wanna go hardcore

Reasons I like it:
    1. I like the idea of starting over at lvl 1 and using only dropped gear
    2. New title, banners, and colored name

Suggested changes:
    1. Alternate way to revive character besides plat (hard to do without auction)
    2. Way to go back to non hardcore after achieving aps(lose gear, level, etc)
    3. Take aps away or make it a new aps for hardcore mode that doesn't affect non hardcore

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azerothraven View Post
    It's just sts acknowledging the current players who worked hard many years and sorta gets an option to buy a bit more but it does not mean you have to use it ofc so u can chose not to

The whole "hardcore" idea sounds like some completely optional content which you can choose not to do. And again, any sort of headstart will make the "hard" part softer, so if that happens it will start off as a failure and not true to its name.

Hardcore mode should be just what it says it is. Difficult and not chill with for player regarding of their experience or wallet.
    Retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts

I personally think one of the best soulutions for hardcore mode would be that hardcore players play alone like solo mode no help whatsoever from others or friends etc

Because all i see happening is top lb players sticking toghter and running for 71 banner title etc

So why no make it fair and do solo mode only? Thanks :3
    people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by arcanefid View Post
    The whole "hardcore" idea sounds like some completely optional content which you can choose not to do. And again, any sort of headstart will make the "hard" part softer, so if that happens it will start off as a failure and not true to its name.

Hardcore mode should be just what it says it is. Difficult and not chill with for player regarding of their experience or wallet.
    You do make a good point but some may not like having no options. Maybe they will be 'okay'

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Interesting but not a fan of separating plat users from none, should be available for the grinder,hunter as well!! Make this happen G! Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Well putting everything aside.. Maybe its already been asked.. But its a drag to scroll through some 160 comments.. But when is this coming.. I see that the achievements are already in the game In my current normal character.. So i was wondering if we have to sacrifice our current character to join the hardcore mode..or create new character theough new slot and chose hardcore mode.. But what makes me wonder is the achievement being in my every normal character right now.. Like i mean.. Why does the achievement have to be in the normal character if the hardcore mode is gonna be in another world(or some sort) .. So which is why i have the idea if we had to sacrifice my character.. Or well.. Maybe thats an option too.. Sacrifice or create new characyer in another slot.. Just being curious..

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

i guess that they will create 2 servers like two dimensions ,well just like america, asia, Europe,africa or one half and the other half town will be same for both but map will be different
    and after u reach hardcore lvls the achievement will be together or could be just like elite and normal maps

just select hardcore same way that u select elite maps
    it could be like change charaters on the main menu options.

but i really thing if you change your main acc for a hardcore mode then u die and you are not available to spawn again, people that lose they progresse and also they cant pay plat for spawn if you character is delete ,all of you main archivement gone maybe 4 years of play lost people are going to leave the game.

or just could be like you select hardcore and the game reload with a new charater with the same name , archivement just with out pet ,items and exp, hardcore more could be like lvl up from 1 to 71 in normal = 1 lvl on hardecore.

but you will do what u have on mind, you will fine the way Good Luck!

Sent from my SM-J327T1 using Tapatalk
    https://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=168298&dateline=16056  81136

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    521 Posts

I'm scared. 🙁 Do we have to do it? Is it compulsory? I don't understand any of it. It can't whizz me there by accident can it??? I don't want to go 😟 I'll stay in my house..I'll be agoraphobic....I need it explaining in a simplistic way because I'm stupid when it comes to hard things. Nobody listens to me...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Susanne View Post
    I'm scared. �� Do we have to do it? Is it compulsory? I don't understand any of it. It can't whizz me there by accident can it??? I don't want to go �� I'll stay in my house..I'll be agoraphobic....I need it explaining in a simplistic way because I'm stupid when it comes to hard things. Nobody listens to me...
    I'm sure it's all optional and your main and other existing characters will be completely safe.

Anyway, I think it would be better if we had some sort of "beta running" for this mode. Just put it for a week how you have planned it, but not count anything and wipe all the records after the "testing" phase. That way we can give much better feedback and hopefully help you guys to improve the final product.

Or maybe limit the beta running to some specific group of players like only lv71 or those with 30K APs or more, so you won't have opinions from every newcomer that hasn't even finished the main campaign. *evil laugh*
    Retired

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to arcanefid For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kairihearts View Post
    I personally think one of the best soulutions for hardcore mode would be that hardcore players play alone like solo mode no help whatsoever from others or friends etc

Because all i see happening is top lb players sticking toghter and running for 71 banner title etc

So why no make it fair and do solo mode only? Thanks :3
    Well being on lb doesn't mean they are the only ones who are able to run fast or they are op. I have so many friends which are op and aren't on lb. They are crazy enough to accept the hardcore challenge. To be honest solo mode I don't like. Its a rogue thingy. If i wanna runs maps solo I play a different game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Ilvias For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    165 Posts

If y'all are worried about how hard its going to be ect, i can only suggest u take it slowly and dont invest time/money/effort in things that you cant afford to lose.

I would just expect your first character or two to die, make backups(if we can make multiple chars). Hc modes have always been fun(to the point of when you first lose a character thats close to cap or what have you). Prepare to overlevel in areas and see 2 tank pts .

Maybe hc pvp will be more active, at least at low twink levels . If you die, just rerun another char and go again. At this point maybe sts can keep it - pvp by equip rarity, or by non awaken and awakens modes. At least try it out like that i would say.

On the point of plat revives,if there is absolutely no way to trade, please incorporate a revive token(super rare or whatever) in elite gold runners or something.

Cant wait for this and good luck to all!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

For me the reward is still no good for all the hardwork we got to put.

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Will we lose our Character slot [PERMA DEATH]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

What do you mean by a hardcore mode, I mean this would improve the playability or it would only be for pro players.
    -greetings, nice day

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

I'm assuming a lot of these people surprised by this mode and its requirements never played diablo 2...

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sinfuldito83 For This Useful Post: