Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Hardcore mode info and feedback request

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azerothraven View Post
    I normally try to avoid salt and be constructive but I don't see any reason why I would go through all these ridiculous concepts. I don't get why everyone is so excited about this. This idea is simply stupid; I don't know how else to phrase this.

I guess it factors into how poorly this thread is explaining the hardcore mode and has no background information.

Is hardcore mode a new server? who is eligible to run this mode? We have to be level 71 to processed to this or do we make a new character for this suicidal mission.

Let's assume, we make a new character and level it up from lvl 1 without access to our stash/inventory/gold/ and existing gear and running all the existing maps in hardcore (instead of elite and normal).

I assume it will require a lot of effort and for me personally, the rewards outlined above is simply not worth it considering I give up some major aspects of the game i love (merching). I dont say this to be mean but sts did remove player trades in PLA and it was not a successful game though this may have not been the only reason. Secondly, I dont like how I dont get any head start considerig I have been playing, farming and accumulating a lot of gold for many years now. We should be able to buy a premium set with inceased stats and look from a vendor using gold from other characters to have an advantage at the start considering we will die many times, it will reduce gold at normal al.

It is not a good idea to prevent players from interacting with each others such as running maps.
    The gear loss is not a good idea and make a penalty for dying not insta reset. Not everyone can buy plat so make tradeable plat if u dont wanna make it ankh/gold.
    Yeah make a new account/character for it, that's what most will do

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post

- Perma-death/ equipment loss in PvE and PvP
    - Resurrect @ L1 for plat
    I think it is an interresting idea to give us incentive to start again with a new toon. But with these conditions I would never do it.

You could only run PvE maps with people you really trust, since randoms could just leave you to die.
    Why would anyone, say lvl 45, go to PvP. The risk of dropping back to lvl 1 is just too big.
    etc.
    Jiarijiba / Jiablast / Jiaroxx

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Well, it just similar to diablo 2 leader mode

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Happy Monday!

As some of you may know, we're working on a hardcore mode and we'd love your feedback.

Rules:

- Hardcore cannot play with non-hardcore in PvE (we're going to need your help in tracking down all the edge cases here)
    - No trade/ no stash
    - No tier-up gift packs

Rewards:

- Tier Banners (L46, L66, L71)
    - Tier Achievements
    - Tier Titles
    - Tier System Announcements
    - Colored Name (on capped hardcore toon)

What do you think?

Thanks, and have a great week!

- g
    Be careful what you wish for...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

As some players mentioned it here, give us short gameplay preview with crucial parts of Hardcore, so we can give proper feedback. Good move could be pool, where we players can vote between more options for crucial parts ( example: How do you want to be resurrected? 1. xy, 2. yx, 3. xx, 4. yy). When everything is done, and you do not want make changes, while we do not even tried it, 1st option with short gameplay video would be cool.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Marosok For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Question : Since this game started is there a gamer who reached​ level 71 without deaths?

Is it possible?

In related to hardcore game i think it takes time, months or even years of playing before someone luckily find a party and maybe 50/50 chances successfully finished the game.

Since we all know its hard to reached max level without deaths, cause of lag or disconnected from the server.

My idea is make it 2 lives at start, so if bad luck comes, there will be last life..

and a very rare loot 1up like super mario game haha that would be fun max 3 life only..

Hardcore but fun ;>

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

maybe add that teammates can revive you in 10 sec or so.

what about just adding hardcore maps like elite maps but extremely hard? add some mobs who diseable any weapon procs, let stuff drop in different zones like heroic eggs, arcanite egg crafting stuff, arcane weapon crafting ingredients and to still have plat involved add stuff to crates which are needed for crafting?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

This sounds for me like a new game in a game

And i hoped on really hard maps like planar tombs lv 41 where tactic and how too would be needed, teamplay and interesting things to loot.

This sounds for me more like suicid.

And i can smell the complain before hardcore is released,
    Pple will complain loosing all, about only die cause nab team, high ping or someone went off.

For me, it seems no good idea release such mode in a game where many pple focus on gl and run maps solo.

Maybe iam a looser, but i never would run such a map with random. where pple maybe use useless pets or need go cause mom is shouting.

Hardcore is fine, but i wanted hard maps for my endmage. For better him, learn new tactics, make a good team and have fun.

Where is the need of a toon can only run hardcore? This toon never can help a new toon, is always in danger to loose all he have. I want no seperate class of pple which only run one mode.

I cant imagine why someone should take such a risk,

I would prefer hardcore like old days. As we need run boss over and over again to kill him. I imagine bloodhammer. And now i imagine hardcore. one dead and start again?????? sounds not like fun. More like stress and frustration.

Maybe no ankhs to revive like we had before they released. And really hard maps. No gold for farm, only really good items. And this items should only can use in hardcore. Iam against loose all and start always lv 1 again. Srry, i know iam not really helpfull.
    But if it really come always start from begin, iam sure, i will never be a hardcore player

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

everyone say "maybe"but the game still go in this way,bye..bye arcane legend from aloot of players!all its ok.but when die losse all things not sound to good.also separating..ppl .game became a gambling play

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eleasah View Post
    This sounds for me like a new game in a game

And i hoped on really hard maps like planar tombs lv 41 where tactic and how too would be needed, teamplay and interesting things to loot.

This sounds for me more like suicid.

And i can smell the complain before hardcore is released,
    Pple will complain loosing all, about only die cause nab team, high ping or someone went off.

For me, it seems no good idea release such mode in a game where many pple focus on gl and run maps solo.

Maybe iam a looser, but i never would run such a map with random. where pple maybe use useless pets or need go cause mom is shouting.

Hardcore is fine, but i wanted hard maps for my endmage. For better him, learn new tactics, make a good team and have fun.

Where is the need of a toon can only run hardcore? This toon never can help a new toon, is always in danger to loose all he have. I want no seperate class of pple which only run one mode.

I cant imagine why someone should take such a risk,

I would prefer hardcore like old days. As we need run boss over and over again to kill him. I imagine bloodhammer. And now i imagine hardcore. one dead and start again?????? sounds not like fun. More like stress and frustration.

Maybe no ankhs to revive like we had before they released. And really hard maps. No gold for farm, only really good items. And this items should only can use in hardcore. Iam against loose all and start always lv 1 again. Srry, i know iam not really helpfull.
    But if it really come always start from begin, iam sure, i will never be a hardcore player
    I think you are being very helpful, you have voiced your concerns and raised some valid points

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    265 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jade10 View Post
    Nah u can do it we need ur brain to find a way to make it ez

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What brain hehe :')

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    265 Posts

I was kinda hoping it was like a battle tower where you would reset to the first floor when u died but guess I'm completely wrong lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Default Hardcore

If you want to add hardcore mode, you should make global APs and stable for an account, not just for character.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Happy Monday!

As some of you may know, we're working on a hardcore mode and we'd love your feedback.

Rules:

- Hardcore cannot play with non-hardcore in PvE (we're going to need your help in tracking down all the edge cases here)
    - No trade/ no stash
    - No tier-up gift packs

Rewards:

- Tier Achievements
    - Tier Titles

What do you think?

- g
    Quote Originally Posted by Avaree View Post
    From cinco’s previous post I assume all gear is looted ?

Once we achieve a tier, and we die do we start back at lvl1 tier 1?

Do I sense a lil bit of FMJ here with PVE twist? How will team work and parties come into play? Sounds a bit solo.

Interesting indeed (:

Ava
    Loose my character? Lol (: any short videos we could see? And these hard core areas current maps? Or new dungeons?
    I don't agree with the APs attacted to the hardcore mode, they should be removed.
    • Already too many long grinding APs to achieve.
    • For new players who are APs LB motivated, will be turned off at game.
    • Add a separate LB APs "Hardcore" to the LB.
    • Leave the colored titles

The Equipment obtained in the hardcore maps, is this equal gear, I assume no awakenings?
    How about pvp can we build guild?

Thank you,
    Avaree
    Avy
    12-2012

Somewhere beyond and between here and nowhere...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thewolfbull View Post
    Yeah make a new account/character for it, that's what most will do
    I was thinking of same, then I realized that the quest for Hardcore Mode is going to unlock in Festerfang.
    So we are looking at 1st leveling a toon to endgame then take the quest to reset it to level 1? (then die once, delete the char and start over xD)
    Retired
    Tired of Dead Guilds & Offline FL? Click Here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Happy Monday!

Rules:

- No trade/ no stash
    - No tier-up gift packs

Rewards:

- Tier Achievements
    - Tier Titles

What do you think?

- g
    From cinco’s previous post I assume all gear is looted ?

Once we achieve a tier, and we die do we start back at lvl1 tier 1?

Do I sense a lil bit of FMJ here with PVE twist? How will team work and parties come into play? Sounds a bit solo.

Interesting indeed (:

Ava
    Loose my character? Lol (: any short videos we could see? And these hard core areas current maps? Or new dungeons?
    I don't agree with the APs attacted to the hardcore mode, they should be removed.
    • Already too many long grinding APs to achieve.
    • For new players who are APs LB motivated, will be turned off at game.
    • Add a separate LB APs "Hardcore" to the LB.
    • Leave the colored titles

The Equipment obtained in the hardcore maps, is this equal gear, I assume no awakenings?
    How about pvp can we build guild?

Ava
    Avy
    12-2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spheresome View Post
    I was kinda hoping it was like a battle tower where you would reset to the first floor when u died but guess I'm completely wrong lol
    This is better than the actual plan.

Like a sort of progressive arena.... Progress saved when u leave so you can choose re enter at your current floor but if die reset whole progress to floor 1. Then can do on main

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    418 Posts

the way i see it is that it will probably be a kind of ghost/twin of our main character, when we go on map we will have regular, elite and hardcore, when you select hardcore it bring your character in a map at level 1 with no gear, then you grind and collect new gears and if u die u lose what u have earn there but your main character remain untouched (and u need pay plat to restart hardcore mode?)... do i understand right? or am i totally wrong? if so i really dont understand what is all about, because if we need create a new character, what is the point if our main character cannot have the reward??

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Like sword art online concept..if ur character die..you will die also..haha
    Same as sao you should add a very rare item that can resurrect player from dead....it would be nice to hunt this rare item just to revive ur fwnd or love one..hehe

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Froze.Exe For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Im in

I have no friends