Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Hardcore mode info and feedback request

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

If we had to craft or buy like a chest or something with story tokens or whatever , it may stop people from hopping back and forth through dimensions too much. So if you open the chest and go to the dimension, you are there even if you log off the game and come back. But when you leave the dimension you will have to buy or craft another one of those chests . Or if it was just a portal always open in windamore I think that would be cool too ..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crocodile View Post
    This is a good idea for those who is thinking of quitting but hard to do so. 1st step of quitting game.
    You have a point, I think this very easy if have o.p team, but in the contrary if not it would be called​ Suicide squad ^_^

3. The Following User Says Thank You to GoodmorningSam For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Rules:

- Perma-death/ equipment loss in PvE and PvP - Permadeath is ok but equipment loss is ridiculous as you already planning for no trade/ no stash right? unless you made the droprate at 90% odd.

- Resurrect @ L1 for plat - This sounds like a bit too harsh for f2p game, I may suggest ankh to be useable but player have to craft it like jewels. Fair for those who spent and keep the game alive and also fair enough for those f2p player who keep the game fun to be played.

- Hardcore cannot play with non-hardcore in PvE (we're going to need your help in tracking down all the edge cases here) - Of course hardcore player will be isolated from non hardcore player..but kindly make everyone accessible to the same city, if no what is the point of having special title when you can't show it?

- No trade/ no stash - Totally agree with no trade feature. But please make use of the stash so we can store our gold and stuff. Just make it impossible to share gold and loot with other account.

- No tier-up gift packs - This is what hardcore meant to be!!
    - Also please don't include awakening feature in hardcore mode, hardcore enough huh? Awakening already ruined the current game.

- New idea is please reinstate Kraken Mines like what it used to be. Player can loot good items from old chest and I believe pvp will be very active again.

- I think max capp is best at L41. U know how hard to grind up to L41 back then? People may get boring levelling to L71.

Rewards:

- Tier Banners (L46, L66, L71) - max LV41
    - Tier Achievements - Good
    - Tier Titles - Good
    - Tier System Announcements - Good
    - Colored Name (on capped hardcore toon) - Perfect!!

To be honest this hardcore mode would be fun!! Feel like the old days when level capped at 41. Best Ever!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Crocodile For This Useful Post:

Somewhere beyond and between here and nowhere...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

Make the APs and Title account wide, it will solve most of the issues with this plan.
    Retired
    Tired of Dead Guilds & Offline FL? Click Here!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PsychoNuke For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoNuke View Post
    Make the APs and Title account wide, it will solve most of the issues with this plan.
    +1
    Would be great

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

I want to start off to say I think it's great STS that you guys our thinking of new ideas to try for AL and also taking community feedback on how to build this mode. With that being said I'm a little disappointed about Hardcore Mode so far. I was really hoping it would be Endgame Lvl 71 Content, that we could play on our Main Accounts. There is nothing more I despise in this game then Lvling lol...so this whole idea is a automatic no for me. Hmm I guess in my head I was hoping more for a Call Of Duty Zombie Arena style type of combat:

The Lvls don't represent actually Lvling a character but a Wave that consist of Mobs, Mini-Boss(Or Multiple), and Main Boss(Or Multiple). The higher the Lvl the harder the Wave. Glint Set, Arc Armor, Endless Set, Tainted Set, and Mire Set Bonuses with Awakes work in this mode/map. Size of map could be NM Raid style. If you die you don't lose gear but get sent back to the first Wave. If at least one person in PT survives the Wave, the people who died get to respawn back to the next Wave. No plat respawn. Two of the same class max in a PT. Colored Titles, Banners and AP's included for reaching a certain Wave. Rewards after each Wave or if you reach a certain Wave Lvl is up to you guys.

I think a map/ mode like this would be really fun. Would have a lot of reply value. Would give the people who spent close to 100m on Mire Set (I don't own Mire Set my stats are beast enough without it) a harder Elite Map besides Deep Marsh. I hope STS you guys have something awesome planed for us Lvl 71 Endgamers as well or feel free to use this idea .

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fearrr For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

equipment loss only in hardcore mode right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Would it be possible to have a short gameplay video ? It’s a little hard for me to guess how it works just from the informations you gave us.
    Thanks in advance
    Meantime Let s see if I get it.
    It’s basically pve mode, in Arlor map. We grind maps to collect experience to cap our level and to get gears. Once we die we loose both our character and equip. If it’s like this you have my +1
    If there would be a competition for stupidity, I would be second. Cause I’m stupid

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    265 Posts

I don't have the balls to try this new mode

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spheresome View Post
    I don't have the balls to try this new mode
    Nah u can do it we need ur brain to find a way to make it ez

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. The Following User Says Thank You to jade10 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hello, Diablo. Useles mode.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

I normally try to be constructive but I don't see any reason why I would go through all these concepts. I don't get why everyone is so excited about this.

Is hardcore mode a new server? who is eligible to run this mode? We have to be level 71 to processed to this or do we make a new character for this suicidal mission.

Let's assume, we make a new character and level it up from lvl 1 without access to our stash/inventory/gold/ and existing gear and running all the existing maps in hardcore (instead of elite and normal).

I assume it will require a lot of effort and for me personally, the rewards outlined above is simply not worth it considering I give up some major aspects of the game i love (merching). I dont say this to be mean but sts did remove player trades in PLA and it was not a successful game though this may have not been the only reason. Secondly, I dont like how I dont get any head start considerig I have been playing, farming and accumulating a lot of gold for many years now. We should be able to buy a premium set with inceased stats and look from a vendor using gold from other characters to have an advantage at the start considering we will die many times, it will reduce gold at normal al.

It is not a good idea to prevent players from interacting with each others such as running maps.
    The gear loss is not a good idea and make a penalty for dying not insta reset. Not everyone can buy plat so make tradeable plat if u dont wanna make it ankh/gold.
    Last edited by Justg; 10-09-2018 at 11:08 AM. Reason: less drama

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

This
    Is
    HARDCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE
    (Picture of me throwing Handsumlegend in a hole)
    No salt, like ur previous post....
    If there would be a competition for stupidity, I would be second. Cause I’m stupid

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Xxkayakxx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

There should be a point on the 3 caps 46 n the othet to wer i can actually save my game or the efforts i have done to reach first cap lvl 46 without dying n all .its a reward u can add for reaching 46 .
    N gives some life's like 3 death or 4 death n we go lvl 1 coz we can die of anything ping,bad server ,low battery .so we should be able to save game if we have any of those n restart der wen we log again.
    Rest i didnt understand toon permanent delete n other stuffs .if u can elaborate will be good tysm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

i can smell this hardcore plat from long distance. if you want hard core try elite underhaul maps with naked character

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

O.O hardcore.. interestd.. but need friend or team.. idnt want to die alone..

Sent from my F-01F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

After reading some of these comments, I am really confused.

Is this a mode where you start from the very beginning of the game on a new character, playing through the regular game to reach cap with one life? Or is this a gamble your gear to play through a whole new game mode series of dungeons from one tier to the next?

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zylx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Remove the platinum of it, and this will be seen as a TRUE "Hard Core" mode. So it really seems like a (sorry the frankness) pay to win mode. To really be difficult, could not have any kind of help, and the same for all players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

So if I die I will loose a gear..?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Great concept but plat revive @ L1? So if we die only way to play again is to revive using plat? eh...f2p players would also like to enjoy this just sayin'

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk