Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Hardcore mode info and feedback request

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Ohhh sad
    Quote Originally Posted by jade10 View Post
    Unvailable atm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sent from my Flare_S4 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Midas View Post
    Ohhh sad

Sent from my Flare_S4 using Tapatalk
    Yeah im so xcited hahaha.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

HARDCORE Mode, people = dying, stay dead, lose everything. Hardcore is not a requirement; it's a choice. If you do not want to lose things, just don't play hardcore.

I'm not sure what this losing character thing means. Does that mean you die, your toon is deleted? Because then you have toon snipes, no? (unless we are fast enough).

I would prefer on death, your toon shows up in your account as Dead (ghostly image?) and it's level and that it's a hardcore toon.

Maybe each NORMAL toon can have a button on inspection that says Hardcore Toons, showing levels of the hardcore toons in the account. It can just show the levels and pictures of the toon, no names if people want to be private.

Alternatively, there could be a Hardcore Hall of Fame that people can scroll through to see the top 1k hardcore toons, including dead ones. Option to just see live ones.

In your list of characters, if you can choose to resurrect a dead toon, in which case it would be resurrected as an L1 w/ no equips. Or do you mean that on death, it's a dead toon in your character list and you'd have to delete it or pay plat to restart w/o deletion? Oh! or does resurrection/ delete-restart mean there are no longer stats about the previous iteration of the toon, so no more record of its level when it died. Ah! So if we have a hardcore that made it high enough, we would probably just want to leave it, even as a ghost. Maybe pay plat to leave a ghostly image of it in Hall of Fame w/ a death date and level, maybe image w/ stats.

Just a bit confused about this plat resurrect thing. Plus people often like to see what level hardcores died at, especially if they're one of the higher level deaths.

Star light, star bright...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Fyrce For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Hardcore and normal players cannot mix because of the equipment differences. Normal players have an entire game rolling and farming equipment for them, i.e. the trade market. Hardcore players do not; everything they wear, they have to earn. Mixing would not work, unless it turns out that hardcore turns out to not be that limiting a mode for a toon's equips. I would think that it would be, but hey, it always amazes me how good some people are in hardcore mode.

They can stand around admiring each other haha.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

This hardcore mode release has been clouded in my opinion because APs have already appeared in game for our non-hardcore toons. First thing people want is to gain the AP.... on their main... to add to their existing score.

The carrot has been dangled and many people are wondering/wishing... how to get those 400 achievement points on our main toon? Which is why people are asking about whether you could switch modes, or have a toggle, create a hardcore version of your main, and so on.

My opinion then:

1. Take the AP out of game until the mode is released.

2. Make each AP, when the mode is introduced, an account wide AP/title. This could be by way of a banner earned straight into account stash with each hardcore title so you can retrieve the title and show it off on your main.

OR

3. Don’t mix hardcore and non-hardcore APs. Let the different modes have different AP lists two.

My argument for #2 which is the option I’d prefer, is that is our main toon represents a whole bunch of AL history; it’s where we display our titles, where our stats rack up, the toon by which our friends know us and we show off our achievements. I don’t envisage hardcore mode as becoming the new normal mode... I’d make a hardcore character for the challenges but I’d like to be able to display on my main how far I’ve got and compare who has what hardcore title in my guild. And I’d like my progress AP in hardcore to count towards my overall achievement point score as a player.

7. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Dalmony For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

Maybe remove the aps from the hardcore achievement, keep the title so old aps lb players dont need to risk all their stuff or create a new toon.
    Make a new leaderboard for highest rank in hardcore or most aps earned.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to QuaseT For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

Does everyone start at level 1 with no gear in hardcore mode or could I for example max out a character with max gear and 100mil gold and then enter hardcore and use that?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

If it's gonna be perma death make it actually perma death, not you die and you can use plat to ressurect still lol! also i don't see how this is gonna work AL is very laggy most of the time so that's gonna make alot of people die. Not what i expected at all I was hoping for harder maps at endgame.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dalmony View Post
    This hardcore mode release has been clouded in my opinion because APs have already appeared in game for our non-hardcore toons. First thing people want is to gain the AP.... on their main... to add to their existing score.

The carrot has been dangled and many people are wondering/wishing... how to get those 400 achievement points on our main toon? Which is why people are asking about whether you could switch modes, or have a toggle, create a hardcore version of your main, and so on.

My opinion then:

1. Take the AP out of game until the mode is released.

2. Make each AP, when the mode is introduced, an account wide AP/title. This could be by way of a banner earned straight into account stash with each hardcore title so you can retrieve the title and show it off on your main.

OR

3. Don’t mix hardcore and non-hardcore APs. Let the different modes have different AP lists two.

My argument for #2 which is the option I’d prefer, is that is our main toon represents a whole bunch of AL history; it’s where we display our titles, where our stats rack up, the toon by which our friends know us and we show off our achievements. I don’t envisage hardcore mode as becoming the new normal mode... I’d make a hardcore character for the challenges but I’d like to be able to display on my main how far I’ve got and compare who has what hardcore title in my guild. And I’d like my progress AP in hardcore to count towards my overall achievement point score as a player.
    Thank you for writing this Dal, I appreciate it. +10^
    Avy
    12-2012

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Avaree For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

You can't use your maxed out toon using lots of other people to help you equip (trading, cs), using plat to help you equip, buying the properly awakened items, buying drops other people found, vs. those who leveled, are using just what they find.

That is also why you can't play together. Someone using equips a whole game's players participated in farming would just boost a hardcore toon, who would then be more powerful than those slogging it out using their own drops.

Resurrection seems to be making the toon alive at L1, naked, so I am guessing non-resurrection means you are a dead ghost. What prevents you from deleting and remaking, thus "resurrecting"? So I am not sure I am getting the plat resurrection thing, but it IS NOT reviving with your equips. It is equipless L1.

It occurs to me that SS might be interesting again. After all, whatever you drop that's good, you'd want to SS since it's lost (inaccessible) if you die.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thewolfbull View Post
    Does everyone start at level 1 with no gear in hardcore mode or could I for example max out a character with max gear and 100mil gold and then enter hardcore and use that?
    Btw i hope it's not like this i hope it starts with everyone having nothing and you build your way up from scratch

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Thewolfbull For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by QuaseT View Post
    Maybe remove the aps from the hardcore achievement, keep the title so old aps lb players dont need to risk all their stuff or create a new toon.
    Make a new leaderboard for highest rank in hardcore or most aps earned.
    I think it will make lb even more competitive could be great if done right!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Thewolfbull For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

maybe you can show us how it's going to happen? in video form or anything to simply answer everyones questions. thanks

CU's Officer

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Sounds like a healthy pve challenge to me.. possible a higher drop rate of arcane pets/myth pets from bosses on certain pve maps..would be nice to add to the challenge. Xp boost system similar to new festerfang mob kills XP boost..

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

1 plat ressurect won't give a even challenge to "all players" unless...tiny amount of plat only usable by the hardcore toon could be farmed either by hitting certain lvls or by certain boss encounters.. I'd just make it a free ressurect and start over .. at restart points.. example..lvl 10 restart point with the gear you had at that lvl up..every 10 levels..20-30-40-50-71 etc. Make lvl 60-71 be a real challenge..do a 21 level grind from 50-71.. for the colored name.. maybe a good banner and possibly a good heroic arcane pet. For lvl cap reward..
    For each 10 levels you aquire between each restart point you get a certain good pet..
    I know from my own personal pve experience pets can be the turn of the tide when grinding thru levels. Just a few idea I'll keep thinking on this hardcore mode

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

This is a good idea for those who is thinking of quitting but hard to do so. 1st step of quitting game.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Crocodile For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Im dying to see a sneak peek heehehehe pls pls pls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I like the idea of losing all your progress once you die. It brings the excitement yet caution to stay alive and rely on team-work to complete quests and stuff.

A question though, would be if we so die in this hardcore mode, we cannot play it again? Because if you resurrect for 1 platinum, you go back to lv1 with nothing. For Free to play players like me, what happens if we cannot re spawn?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Too many questions, are there going to be new maps or go this mode and have to start over in brakenridge?
    Do you start as a lv 1 or choose this to go forward? Why would someone revive for plat rather than make a new one w same/similar name?

Also, my devices get disconnected randomly with my good connection so this doesn't look appealing, and yes I've done all the troubleshooting every guide has.
    I'm not liking the idea plat only revs, and for the love of Pete, can we please have less system spam and not more, it honestly covers my playing view at critical times making for a bad gaming experience.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Suentous PO For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Ok so I sorta like like the idea BUT I think it should be something you can do with your main character .. and come back to regular game mode when you like ? maybe like an alternate dimension you can Enter where you turn back to level 1 and start over there ?

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Yeh For This Useful Post: