Thread: Should I even bother with endgame PvP?

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Default Should I even bother with endgame PvP?

Trying to hop into endgame PvP, and would love to play competitively. Am I just at a total loss of getting good enough gear to compete? Will it take months to get the gold needed?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Heya Will, hope all is good!

Lot depends on where your at now? What lev, class, and gear, awakens, jewels, and $ do you have to work with?
    Honestly seems like most aren't happy with pvp here for various reasons.

Won't lie, best gear for say a rogue may be out of reach for some.
    Cheers

Somewhere beyond and between here and nowhere...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    Trying to hop into endgame PvP, and would love to play competitively. Am I just at a total loss of getting good enough gear to compete? Will it take months to get the gold needed?
    I am on the same boat as you are, finished everything with PVE (except deep marsh). Now I have pvp aps left and I wana do it properly, hope after they are done with current chaos they can give some time to balance the PVP, may be bring back PVP LB.
    Retired
    Tired of Dead Guilds & Offline FL? Click Here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Only a level 59, so I'm still leveling up. I'll just enjoy the PvE component for now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    107 Posts

Pvp is dead, unbalanced and very expensive

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Screenshotz View Post
    Pvp is dead, unbalanced and very expensive
    Yeah I figured.

Is there any talk of STS doing a mode where all players are required to wear equal gear, while also "resetting" base stats to accomodate for any unbalanced changes?

Cinco did a cool thing over in PL. People were complaining about unbalanced gear so he made an Arena of Honor, which forces everyone to wear class-specific gear that is ultimately balanced. Base stats are reduced so nothing is outblown, which encourages players to tinker with skillpoints and attributes (different builds are better in different scenarios!) Would be awesome to see in AL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Yeah I figured.

Is there any talk of STS doing a mode where all players are required to wear equal gear, while also "resetting" base stats to accomodate for any unbalanced changes?

Cinco did a cool thing over in PL. People were complaining about unbalanced gear so he made an Arena of Honor, which forces everyone to wear class-specific gear that is ultimately balanced. Base stats are reduced so nothing is outblown, which encourages players to tinker with skillpoints and attributes (different builds are better in different scenarios!) Would be awesome to see in AL.
    It's not that the game is super expensive, the class balance is really bad. Rogues can kill both mage and tank easily. Even when rogue runs out of mana, they keep dropping packs and can't be killed by anyone except other rogues. Mage vs tank is a stale mate = boring. Mage vs mage is also a stale mate (or very long drawn out fight) = boring. Tank vs tank = don't make any plans for a week or two.

I think the game is much cheaper now than ever before. Pets used to cost 30-50+ million, Arcane ring was over 100m, etc. You can be fully geared for around 50m or make a inexpensive rogue and still be able to kill the other two classes

8. The Following User Says Thank You to sellall For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

Rogues have way to much armor and there is about max 20 people active in pvp at lvl 71 on at dif times of day too so it's empty for the most part.. I'm looking for people to do pvp with as i need the aps too so post igns and i'll add you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Yeah I figured.

funny thing is that he came up with that idea here first but never implimented it anywhere but pl that i know
    :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thewolfbull View Post
    Rogues have way to much armor and there is about max 20 people active in pvp at lvl 71 on at dif times of day too so it's empty for the most part.. I'm looking for people to do pvp with as i need the aps too so post igns and i'll add you.
    Man, that's really dissapointing to hear. Is there talk of any change on the horizon? Or nothing to expect for now?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

probably not its 2 expensive

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

There will always be a better equipment even if u spent 200mio on equip. To compete u might need like at least 10mio(endless set, arcane ring amulet) but u also need good gear for pve so it's not wasted

Gesendet von meinem HTC 10 mit Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    312 Posts

Man, that's really dissapointing to hear. Is there talk of any change on the horizon? Or nothing to expect for now?
    Unbalanced, too expensive, broken by armor awakening stack, too much of the damage input and most of the people that have been doing pvp let's say in any "competitive" mode or just were into clashing with their PvP focused guilds are already gone (either decided not to put much more effort into game by spending more and more money or out of boredoom because of playing against same people over and over again => dramas).
    What people cared about mostly was putting vids on Youtube from clashes with some nasty titles just to gain attention or putting up drama between people.

Some people might play Pvp (myself included) if some major things will get fixed I guess.

Aka Ares/Twerrk/Mystery. :]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by |Ares| View Post
    Unbalanced, too expensive, broken by armor awakening stack, too much of the damage input and most of the people that have been doing pvp let's say in any "competitive" mode or just were into clashing with their PvP focused guilds are already gone (either decided not to put much more effort into game by spending more and more money or out of boredoom because of playing against same people over and over again => dramas).
    What people cared about mostly was putting vids on Youtube from clashes with some nasty titles just to gain attention or putting up drama between people.

Some people might play Pvp (myself included) if some major things will get fixed I guess.
    I see, thanks for the info! Maybe new caps moving forward will get STS a chance to figure out the balance. In the meantime, I'll probably just level up.