Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is this against TOS?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jade10 View Post
    There is a best way to help poor ppl ..buy them cheap gl gears then let them farm work hard to get what they want .cuz thats what we came from .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If they don't understand and value the work they had to put into buying a cheap gl gears then they wont value farming gold and wont be motived enough to pursue it on a long term. Comment from one of my AL youtube videos:
    Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 293
Size:  106.3 KB
    Last edited by Azerothraven; 10-15-2018 at 10:44 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    265 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azerothraven View Post
    If they don't understand and value the work they had to put into buying a cheap gl gears then they wont value farming gold and wont be motived enough to pursue it on a long term. Comment from one of my AL youtube videos:
    Life lessons, with handsumlegend, sponsored by Nab Guide

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Spheresome For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    521 Posts

Well being too soft ruined my enjoyment of the game. If anyone asked for gold I gave it and to a certain extent, still do.

The reason it ruined my enjoyment wasn't because it left me poor, it was because the game sometimes mirrors real life. Having too much empathy in a game is stupid but in the real world I don't think you can have too much. Now that I have just finished reading what Aze said, I feel quite ill. I've most likely been giving 20k and even more to rich people in towns. That's not including pets and gear. I know without a doubt that I have parted with over 40m and it's all my own fault.

Many people warned me, some laughed at me as they are probably doing right now. I did have one pet hate before I take my leave. It's when people say they "worked hard" on a game. A game should be enjoyed...now I realise that I've been just as bad in being too soft. We all bring bits of our personalities to the game it seems. ☺️ Take care all and have a good day.

Regards,
    A changed Susie.😑 😉

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Susanne View Post
    Having too much empathy in a game is stupid but in the real world I don't think you can have too much. Now that I have just finished reading what Aze said, I feel quite ill.

Regards,
    A changed Susie.😑 😉
    I am not sure what you mean by feeling ill.

i am an empathetic person but i dont see how i would empathetic toward a beggar because unless they have a mental condition which prevents they from understanding the concepts of farming, buying plat, doing offers or merching. if you feel sorry for them for being noob or poor then teach them how to be better. personally believe giving gold does not help beggars. I know this because I had an on and off relationship with AL until someone showed me how to play the game and how it works. I know i am taking this a bit too seriously and it is just a game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    521 Posts

I am not sure what you mean by feeling ill.

i am an empathetic person but i dont see how i would empathetic toward a beggar because unless they have a mental condition which prevents they from understanding the concepts of farming, buying plat, doing offers or merching. if you feel sorry for them for being noob or poor then teach them how to be better. personally believe giving gold does not help beggars. I know this because I had an on and off relationship with AL until someone showed me how to play the game and how it works. I know i am taking this a bit too seriously and it is just a game
    Feeling ill was just an expression we use. Sort of a sick feeling..hard to explain. *Whispers* I did buy plat, so in essence, I used real hard earned money to give away..ouch. Like I said, it was all my own fault. In fact I think you warned me in a different thread about some beggars being quite rich.

Never mind, all behind me now, water under the bridge etc. and to be honest, this thread did me a favour. I have been quite naive but it's fine now. I can't play as much as I used to for the time being due to commitments offline anyway. I'm ok and I've time to play some of the Halloween event, all being well.

Look! I just found the paragraph thing on my phone! I changed the keyboard and there it was. Now I look professional. 😏

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Susie, don’t feel bad! You did what you thought was good to do and this is a nice thing.
    No one born with “the truth” in their pokets, we all learn day by day.
    Feeling bad for being nice is .....nice xD
    Just cheer up you now understand what is the good thing to do for the sake of (what I consider) a genuine AL player: enjoy the grind (hard work) to achieve what you want and being proud of it
    A big hug
    If there would be a competition for stupidity, I would be second. Cause I’m stupid

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Xxkayakxx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    521 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xxkayakxx View Post
    Susie, don’t feel bad! You did what you thought was good to do and this is a nice thing.
    No one born with “the truth” in their pokets, we all learn day by day.
    Feeling bad for being nice is .....nice xD
    Just cheer up you now understand what is the good thing to do for the sake of (what I consider) a genuine AL player: enjoy the grind (hard work) to achieve what you want and being proud of it
    A big hug
    Awww..thankyou very much. I just felt a bit foolish but I'm ok now. Out of all the folk I gave to, I bet a lot were genuine. Once again, thanks. 😘 ☺️

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

And that’s not staged.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,063 Posts

If people beg you then send them to this forum . https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...beat-the-game!

Lets hope they stop begging and start working.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Because it is worth trying an easy way. Even I begged at start and I still do sometimes in towns.
    ........ soo you tell the ppl who ask you for gold they need to learn how to make it themselves. But you still beg for gold yourself?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    121 Posts

I go AFK a lot. When I comeback I pretty much always have somebody asking PLEASE!!! for something... I will help if they want to run quests or end game stuff. But I give nothing... Kick rocks ;p

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    121 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by arcanefid View Post
    When a girl says "bro" you immediately block or ignore them.
    When I saw the picture I was like that looks like a girl but she said bro??? lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Yup .if they work hard for it they will spend it in good things .

Just dont tolerate them .i know some ppl tolerating somebody and in the end they end up getting scummed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Being too nice is never a bad thing. I am sure I was never as nice as Susanne or others. I used to give things to people. Sometimes still do.

Usually, they would just sell or leave, if it was a begging guildie. If it was a town beggar, often as I was going through my alts, I would see these same people begging even after I gave them stuff, sometimes the same amounts for days or months. I suppose that was their way of farming.

Currently, I mostly try to give advice. Since new players get free equips that are pretty good from STS, if I give anything, it would be newbie eggs or rings and necklaces. But mostly, I try to give advice; see if these beggars can be weaned off of begging.

Star light, star bright...

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Fyrce For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

It's ok to beg IMO..i always entertain those beggars with alejandro, esteban, relic (mind), cracked water, cracked lightning..I'm all good.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    521 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrce View Post
    Being too nice is never a bad thing. I am sure I was never as nice as Susanne or others. I used to give things to people. Sometimes still do.

Usually, they would just sell or leave, if it was a begging guildie. If it was a town beggar, often as I was going through my alts, I would see these same people begging even after I gave them stuff, sometimes the same amounts for days or months. I suppose that was their way of farming.

Currently, I mostly try to give advice. Since new players get free equips that are pretty good from STS, if I give anything, it would be newbie eggs or rings and necklaces. But mostly, I try to give advice; see if these beggars can be weaned off of begging.
    You're doing it right, I was over the top. I tried to analyse my over-developed altruistic nature and I'm still none the wiser. I've been accused of needing to be liked but that can't be the case because I have given when I've been on the alt that has a default ign.
    I'm definitely finding it difficult to resist beggars but this thread has and is helping.

I'm still going to be helpful, it is difficult being a new player but I shan't have the wool pulled over me eyes again. Any rich players who have begging ALTs should be ashamed of themselves..they spoil it for genuine new players who need advice and a bit of help.

By the way, it doesn't hurt to give new players any unwanted chests, pinks or eggs. They can use them. I'm sure we've all had help at some point, doesn't cost to be helpful. Yes Fyrce, you got it right.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

I've never begged for anything even when i was a noob, been playing 5 years. I like the feeling of earning my gold be it either gold made from plat or farming locks/bosses etc; ( just for the plat haters, plat buyers are not lazy! They work for their money in REAL life and choose to turn it to AL gold)

Theres absolutely no reason for beggars these days. The game is getting easier and easier to make gold theres gold opportunities everywhere you look.

Dont get me wrong i help people just not beggars. I give free things to guild members and friends all the time. And sometimes if im feeling nice ill fill a beggars inventory with a bunch of common/epic gear or nature/water jewels.

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I mean the messaging is not happening in al so theirs nothing the devs can do unless it in al.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bobey View Post
    I mean the messaging is not happening in al so theirs nothing the devs can do unless it in al.
    Yesterday someone message me and asked for gold. I said no then started spamming me and said give me anything or else I keep spamming

....welcome to the blocked list

They said sorry after I said that but I don't know if I should unblock or not