Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Penalty in regards to the closed 35 tournament?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Default Penalty in regards to the closed 35 tournament?

The tournament closed down, as most of you already know. Our team was disqualified for being unsportsmanlike (which had no proof) and our chance of winning the tourney shield was lost. The host made several mistakes in the tournament hosting and as an old player of pl, I am pretty sure there was no such tournament like this in the past. The fact that the host is playing the game like nothing has happened and the fact that he tries to comfort me by saying "You will at least get one shield from 105 honor tourney" annoys me and how he gets to play with no penalty given, while I am always booted from 35-40 games, with a reason of "Noob lost tourney". Idk why I deserve these commentary and how Cinco just closed down the tournament, even though he had the option to get in charge and finish the tournament. I am asking for either one, penalty to muzzling or allowing me and my team to receive a certain compensation.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jyuu1205 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Well, we can't always get what we want.
    Happy Holidays!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Irishcow View Post
    Well, we can't always get what we want.
    But if you try sometimes, you just might find...

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Buchmeister View Post
    But if you try sometimes, you just might find...
    Ya get what ya need! Oh yeah!

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jilsponie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Ive never booted you from any game ever first of all, also we both know i had reasoning for disqualifying your team. You said yourself when i asked if you saw a player acting like you did towards me. I asked you would you disqualify and you said yes, i beleive your exact statement was "yes they would deserve a disqualification but since the offense doesnt pertain to the tournament it isnt punishable". Even if the conflict had nothing to do with the tournament (which the trash talk did) then it would be the player at fault that was currently in the tournament. If a player in a tournament makes a racial remark regarding a tourney host/contenter what would you expect, and since the allegations of being biased and the harrassment coming from your guild was directed at me ( the tourney host) id say it had everything to do with the tourney. Im failing to see how i should be punished for this. You really should have taken the tourney into consideration before accusing, harrassing, insulting the tourney host. Thats all i have to say for now.
    Last edited by Muzzling; 10-16-2018 at 02:12 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Muzzling View Post
    Ive never booted you from any game ever first of all, also we both know i had reasoning for disqualifying your team. You said yourself when i asked if you saw a player acting like you did towards me. I asked you would you disqualify and you said yes, i beleive your exact statement was "yes they would deserve a disqualification but since the offense doesnt pertain to the tournament it isnt punishable". Even if the conflict had nothing to do with the tournament (which the trash talk did) then it would be the player at fault that was currently in the tournament. If a player in a tournament makes a racial remark regarding a tourney host/contenter what would you expect, and since the allegations of being biased and the harrassment coming from your guild was directed at me ( the tourney host) id say it had everything to do with the tourney. Im failing to see how i should be punished for this. You really should have taken the tourney into consideration before accusing, harrassing, insulting the tourney host. Thats all i have to say for now.
    You never sent me any of the proof of their remarks, even after i asked.. I wonder why.

Also, things said outside of the tournament, stay outside the tournament. Albeit, i doubt they said anything, i've seen no proof.

It is your job as a host to be as unbiased as possible; regardless of what was said outside of the tournament. Like rose said, there's a reason some tournaments run smoother than others do.

Please, feel free to PM me screenshots of their remarks. I am really curious to see what was said, if anything.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burntoutdex View Post
    You never sent me any of the proof of their remarks, even after i asked.. I wonder why.

Also, things said outside of the tournament, stay outside the tournament. Albeit, i doubt they said anything, i've seen no proof.

It is your job as a host to be as unbiased as possible; regardless of what was said outside of the tournament. Like rose said, there's a reason some tournaments run smoother than others do.

Please, feel free to PM me screenshots of their remarks. I am really curious to see what was said, if anything.
    I muted you because youve been harrassing me since this whole thing happened... some of these incidents happened over discord voice chat and others happened when i didnt care enough to screenshot. As unbelievable as that must sound to paradigm members. I started screenshotting when jun and allen were making racist remarks and almost kinda like threats. Unfortunately i didnt share them soon enough and the phone that they were taken on was broken last week after i dropped it face down on rock by accident. And i know that must sound unbelievable as well, as all tides are against me i still know what happened and i know i did the right thing. I cant help that jun and the rest of paradigm are mad about the outcome because they started this whole event to unfold. If they couldve held their remarks in for 1-2 more weeks it wouldve been different, poor timing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

I muted you because youve been harrassing me since this whole thing happened
    I've made 3 comments in-game, all of which were meant to be light-hearted; i am sorry if they come out as something else, it was rash of me to say anything at all.

As unbelievable as that must sound to paradigm members
    I'm not a member of Paradigm.

Unfortunately i didnt share them soon enough and the phone that they were taken on was broken last week after i dropped it face down on rock by accident.
    I'll take your word for it.. but how did you post those screenshots to the other thread?

If they couldve held their remarks in for 1-2 more weeks it wouldve been different, poor timing.
    That makes no difference, tournament hosts are meant to be unbiased.

edit: i'll stop posting here. Muzzling, if you wanna say more stuff to me, my PM's are always open. Alternatively, just message me on discord.
    Last edited by burntoutdex; 10-16-2018 at 02:59 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

0 proof, all talk smh. Quit playing the victim and bringing up personal issue to the tournament to dq us itself is wrong lol If you were to dq us, you could have done it a long time ago, as you mentioned, "I already had the mind to dq you and your team even before semi-finals match started". On the day of the dq, you mentioned how you will be dqing pew crews (Hence that was your overall decision) and using the excuse that team rhinos would be advancing to finals without a single match + your emotions suddenly altered your decision.

If you guys look at the posts on the 2vs2 35 tourney, Muzzling clearly stated first that he will dq pew crews, not our team. If he stated that decision as a tourney host, he should have proceeded it that way and clearly showed used his hatred to suddenly change his decision, mainly because he received full authority from Cinco as a host of the tourney.

Cinco could have continued hosting the tournament, as Muzzling resigned his host position.

There were many ways to continue this tournament and the fact that a single dq statement from the host without any proofs got rid of us is disappointing.

Careful reviews have not been made in this case and due to the tourney shutting down, I am being harrassed in game in regards to apparently "losing" the tourney.

Muzzling continues to blame us without any proof and he has also called me several racist terms with his guildies, which I did not mention at all (Due to the lack of proof) and I believe haxur and I played our tournament matches clean.

Not just me, but other players in PL are also saying that this case needs a review. The tournament should be continued and my team deserves to play our final match against team rhinos (According to muzzling's first decision).

If the tournament was to not continue, Muzzling should receive a penalty in wasting our time and he should compensate all the gold that was spent to prepare for this tournament.

12.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,168 Posts

Report harassment complaints to Spacetime Studios Customer Service.

I don't take over hosting for player-run events. Player hosts and participants are responsible.

I am disappointed that this tournament went the way that it did.

How 'bout we all forgive each other? Let's get past this and get back into the fun.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post: