Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Hardcore Mode - Revised Design / Additional Details

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,159 Posts

Default Hardcore Mode - Revised Design / Additional Details

Thanks for the feedback, questions and comments on the upcoming 'Hardcore Mode.' After reviewing the original preview thread we've decided to post a new thread with additional details and answers to a few key questions:

Overview
    - Hardcore Mode is a challenging way to enjoy Arcane Legends with a new (special) character!
    - To experience Hardcore Mode you must first complete a quest from 'Nalyx' in Festerfang Outpost. He's not there yet but will be soon. Once you complete his quest you will be able to create new 'Hardcore Mode' characters on your account.
    - Hardcore Mode characters start the game at Level 1 and advance through the classic Arcane Legends campaigns, quests and content.
    - Hardcore characters cannot trade or stash items and if they die they cannot resurrect! For enduring these hardships, Hardcore Mode characters collect unique achievements, titles and banners to show their prowess.
    - Hardcore characters are allowed to hang out in the same social spaces as 'normal' characters but they are only allowed to go on PVE adventures with other Hardcore characters. This means that the game will only put Hardcore characters into instances with other Hardcore characters. Likewise, 'normal' characters are put in normal instances with other 'normal' characters ;-)
    - Hardcore characters are allowed to PvP against other Hardcore characters. Normal and Hardcore characters are not allowed to play together in standard PvP maps. There are two exceptions to this: Duels and Guild Battlegrounds. Hardcore characters can elect to 'duel' or enter a 'Guild Battleground.'

Rewards
    - Reach Level 2 for the title: <<Mortal>>
    - Reach Level 25 for <<The One and Only>> title and the Level 25 Hardcore Banner.
    - Reach Level 50 for the gold <<Living Legend>> title and the Level 50 Hardcore Banner.
    - An additional title and an amazing new banner will be reserved for Level 75.

Important details:

DEATH & RESTORATION
    - The cornerstone of 'Hardcore Mode' is the finality of character death. Hardcore characters cannot resurrect when they die. If a Hardcore character falls in battle s/he is considered 'permanently dead,' and is removed from the Hardcore Mode leaderboard.
    - Players have the option to use Platinum to restore a dead Hardcore mode character to Level 1 with all of the inventory items that the character had when they died. This is the only way to recover a dead Hardcore character.
    - Restored Hardcore characters start at Level 1 no matter how far they got in the game before they died!
    - Dead Hardcore characters remain in your character list until they are deleted or restored.
    - Death in PvE and death in PvP have the same consequences for Hardcore characters.

TRADE & STASH
    - Hardcore characters are economically isolated from their Arlorian brethren. They cannot use the huge advantages that come from trading equipment with other adventurers. They cannot spend their gold for powerful items at Auction. They cannot move items from other characters on the same account via the Stash.
    - The Hardcore character's equipment is the product of strict individual effort! Relying upon looted items makes the Hardcore character experience very challenging - especially at higher levels.

On CONVERTING CHARACTERS
    - Existing characters are considered 'Normal Mode' characters. These characters cannot be converted into 'Hardcore Mode.' Likewise, you cannot convert a 'Hardcore Mode' character into a normal one.
    - The purpose of hardcore mode is to create a risky, exciting new context for advancing from Levels 1 to 71 (and beyond) and 'conversion' back and forth would defeat this.

On GEAR LOSS
    - All of the items in your Hardcore character's inventory are lost when that character dies. This includes everything: vanity items, equipment items, crafting components, chests.
    - Since Hardcore characters do not have access to trade, stash or Auction, the strategic management of inventory is more important than in the 'normal' character context.
    - If you choose to restore a dead Hardcore Mode character, all of that character's items will also be restored. Upon restoration your character will be back at Level 1 so higher-level items will not be accessible until you meet the necessary requirements.

On ACHIEVEMENTS
    - After reviewing feedback we have decided to separate the 'Hardcore' mode character achievements into their own category. These will be visible only to Hardcore characters and will not affect normal players' advancement.

On LEADERBOARDS
    - Hardcore characters are removed from the Hardcore Leaderboard when they die.
    - All relevant advancement counters (kills, AP's) are reset on death.

On PETS
    - When a dead Hardcore character is restored, their Pets are brought back along with all of their equipment.
    - Pet levels are all reset to 1. Purpose of this is to ensure that early game balance is not trivialized by high-level companions.

Looking forward to more questions and comments on this! Thanks again :-)
    Last edited by Cinco; 10-23-2018 at 03:28 PM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Interesting, can't wait to try it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

A game mode like this sounds exciting and refreshing, but I still see a substantial flaw in this idea. Death is an important part of Arcane Legends. I'll give an example. How many capped players have you encountered in game that have less than 1000 deaths in their record? How many of those have less than 500? Less than 100? 50? Even in my case, where I consider myself a cautious player, the death count in PVE is over 600.

And that is because certain aspects of the game make dying unavoidable. A random lag spike at an unfortunate moment. A sneaky enemy or boss with instakill capabilities (curse mages from mausoleum, I'm looking at you). I won't even start with PVP. So, how is hardcore mode going to address these situations, given how incredibly punishing a death is? (I repeat, 1 death, ONE). Honestly, I can't imagine the scenario of reaching end-game with 0 deaths, if the maps/quests/enemies/bosses are exactly the same as in the regular mode.
    If you're reading this, have a good day.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Breogn For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    414 Posts

"On ACHIEVEMENTS
    - After reviewing feedback we have decided to separate the 'Hardcore' mode character achievements into their own category. These will be visible only to Hardcore characters and will not affect normal players' advancement."

Thank you but i think that in feedback it was the opposites, people want to have achievement in their regular toon, or else what is the advantage?
    maybe some will like this but from what i see i don't feel attract by this mode sorry.

I have more fun when i use all the powerful stuff that i have acquire on my normal toon, i have make a twink once to be able to farm victus rune but i have hate this, i dont use this twink anymore.

This mode make me think i will feel the same as with my twink tentative, but again maybe some will really enjoy this mode idk

7. The Following User Says Thank You to PatD For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Yay should be fun thanks
    76 Lethoiun 71 Hymns 58 Selfocracy
    "Even the smallest person can change the course of the future." J.R.R Tolkien

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

Buy platinum or dont play? Doubt, free to play player can reach top lvl without single death.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

what about buying items from the store, awakes etc because of stuff like awake and plat gear is available then this a money grab from my perspective. Nice and all to have a challenge but at the end of the day it's the same content.
    Also achievements and pve kills will play a role in hardcore LB? Nice way to make the Top Players LB useless.
    This looks more like what everyone joked about "AL 2.0" "just restart al completely".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Abuze View Post
    what about buying items from the store, awakes etc because of stuff like awake and plat gear is available then this a money grab from my perspective. Nice and all to have a challenge but at the end of the day it's the same content.
    Also achievements and pve kills will play a role in hardcore LB? Nice way to make the Top Players LB useless.
    This looks more like what everyone joked about "AL 2.0" "just restart al completely".
    nice can't edit typos
    oh well
    maybe let us edit post like these in the future i see no reason to why lately we can't edit post when commenting on threads like these.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Sounds good, when can we expect this feature to be released?

13.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Webb View Post
    Sounds good, when can we expect this feature to be released?
    We are testing the features right now. New Clients will likely be required. I don't have a good estimate but I would predict sometime before the end of November.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    156 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    We are testing the features right now. New Clients will likely be required. I don't have a good estimate but I would predict sometime before the end of November.

Lemme test I’m dyingggggg.

15.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #12
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,159 Posts

OP Updated with some basic rewards info.
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Breogn View Post
    A game mode like this sounds exciting and refreshing, but I still see a substantial flaw in this idea. Death is an important part of Arcane Legends. I'll give an example. How many capped players have you encountered in game that have less than 1000 deaths in their record? How many of those have less than 500? Less than 100? 50? Even in my case, where I consider myself a cautious player, the death count in PVE is over 600.

And that is because certain aspects of the game make dying unavoidable. A random lag spike at an unfortunate moment. A sneaky enemy or boss with instakill capabilities (curse mages from mausoleum, I'm looking at you). I won't even start with PVP. So, how is hardcore mode going to address these situations, given how incredibly punishing a death is? (I repeat, 1 death, ONE). Honestly, I can't imagine the scenario of reaching end-game with 0 deaths, if the maps/quests/enemies/bosses are exactly the same as in the regular mode.
    I agree 100% lets be honest the AL Servers are not the best, I have a 230mb down and 40mb upload connection and the best ping I get in AL is around 100ms!!! Not to talk about the random lags there are in AL, and iam sure its not the fault of my Internet, I player CsGo with a Ping of 8ms, so first you should consider to stabilize the Servers, general Performance, AND HITBOXES of Boss/Mobs. Else this is plat user only gamemode, I did make In Game purchases before and i have nothing against it, but my Post should be considered as constituted Feedback.

regards,

Oldnewzeus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Somewhere beyond and between here and nowhere...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

In short its like playing on a new server but on a dope difficulty level and you only get 1 life.
    Love it .
    Retired
    Tired of Dead Guilds & Offline FL? Click Here!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to PsychoNuke For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

I play Csgo*

should be considered as constructive*

sry autocorrect on Iphone hehe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

So in the end you didn't listen to the community... I can't even stash the banner or wear I tittle on my main. And I have to pay plat to revive with items I can't even take with me. This is just hours waisted into a plat pit that has no return what so ever untill you Max out a character with no further reason playing besides loidering in town with a title and banner haha. This needs to be revised. Add a 1 way stashing sytem where you can only put in and not out. And increase drops and gold to make this actually worth player so sts can actually make some money off this. I would buy into this but there is litterly no benefit and the community told you that and it was just over looked. Very dissatisfied with this idea as it had potential to be something great.
    Click the link to get to my new Signature Shop!

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ancestor For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quick question...Is there pvp in hardcore mode? Okay I lied...Another question...If there is then would the whole character reset thing apply to deaths in pvp as well?

23.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #18
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by it's.just.sua View Post
    Quick question...Is there pvp in hardcore mode? Okay I lied...Another question...If there is then would the whole character reset thing apply to deaths in pvp as well?
    Yes. Hardcore vs hardcore in standard PvP zones. Hardcore can PvP against normal characters in Duels and in Guild Battlegrounds. The whole character reset thing does apply in PvP as well.

OP updated with this info. Thanks!
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

So...I level a new character to max hardcore level with nothing to show for it on my main character? ...doesn't seem right.

Why don't you just allow the hardcore rewards to instantly transfer to the main character you did the hardcore access quest with?

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perceval For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Will there be pvp where you can die but it wouldn't be a death like in pve where you restart that will be awesome