Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Map System feedback request

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    418 Posts

i like the map as it is, what would simplify my life a lot is to be able to sort friends by lvl, class, last online etc.. and maybe even by Somberholt rank!

Also it would be nice to have some titles banner for house!! imagine a nice long banner on top of my beer barrel with the title diabolist or else!!

but i'm completely out of the topic sorry!

But its Friday!!! ))

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ajxn View Post
    Is arlor the name of the continent planet or the whole universe ? :v
    Alor is the realm/world name.

Three feature I would suggest.
    1. No scolling left and right.. condense to one screen or similar
    2. Ability to run same map e.g. You can select a button which takes you to a map of your predtermined choice e.g. elite south gates for better farming/timed run/energy farm/lb event run etc etc... (something like quick inventory and quick swap gear sets combined but for maps)
    3. Display tips when in map for lower level people to ask for help from others or town etc or gears etc..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

I like the map as it is. The scrolling is fine aswell imo. I feel it will get too crowded and area names will get smaller on one static screen especially on a phone and with peeps with fat fingers, imagine them clicking on an area only to end up on another. #fatfingersmatter
    An alternative would be, to be able to toggle swtich between two different views of the map. One normal and one in the form of a list.

I also like the idea of knowing the loot table of each area similar to locks.

Another suggestion: add a count down timer on the world map for deep marsh, northal and cryostar when they open. Since most of the time peeps dont know when and how long its been open especially say when deep marsh opens up at odd times for most of us.
    meep meep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gaprisha View Post
    add a count down timer on the world map for deep marsh, northal and cryostar when they open. Since most of the time peeps dont know when and how long its been open especially say when deep marsh opens up at odd times for most of us.
    +1
    Really really needed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

+1 to loot tables of the areas. New players don't even know what are elites for, besides achievements making. Good old Malison droping in elite Ydra or Archon rings from elite Shuyal. Mostly useless stuff now but this should be written somewhere imo.
    BIAŁE ORŁY
    Top 1 Polish Guild

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebereasider View Post
    +1
    Really really needed
    That would be excellent.......

Official Signature Of Dot Com Entertainment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

I like the map as is as well. Would be nice if we didn't need to scroll though. I like to see everything all at once.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

I would like the Elite Map to hold its location as well, not just normal map. It is minorly vexing to find the map on the Festerfang side when I want to be on the Shuyal side for Elites.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Give maps

- additional lootable/drops info from maps / bosses
    - Mobs & Bosses info
    - level requirements status
    - Tips and suggested gear for each map zone, e.g when we click on underhull it should display like recommend gear : antignome / banished set or arcane gear

Sent from my SH-01F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

A /remap option would be cool.
    Also like someone else already mentioned it would be cool to see the loot per map.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Suggestions:

I dislike having to drag the map left and right to click on a place.

An ordered list of places would be convenient.

One tab that takes me straight to my current favorite zone would be awesome.

If I am in elite mode, I should be so until I pick normal. The focus should be on clearing out redundant repetitive minor tasks.

Maps that inform the players about loot that drops there through a blurb would be wonderful as well.
    Last edited by Zynzyn; 10-31-2018 at 06:33 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The mini map is not really helpful, because im unable to locate myself where i am in the mini map only my friends.
    Should have a marker for myself too and color of the marker and the shape is too small and faint so its hard to see as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

+1 to loot info on world map.
    +1 to boss info on world map. Mobs info is not necessary as it would be too much feel.
    -10 for list view on world map. Everything currently is in list view....all the way from auction till crafting. The current view of world map is perfect.

Maybe a zoom out feature on world map to make it easier to travel from one corner to the other.

Sent from my HUAWEI TAG-L01 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I think the map is good but we need a faster option to remap

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I have an idea.

How about a selection on where we can go in a map. Fo example if we click on The City of Kraag, we be given an option to directly access Kraag Tombs if we want. I know this sounds lazy but, it would be appreciated by players

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xiixi View Post
    I have an idea.

How about a selection on where we can go in a map. Fo example if we click on The City of Kraag, we be given an option to directly access Kraag Tombs if we want. I know this sounds lazy but, it would be appreciated by players
    I usually check my friend list or guild tab to see who's in the kt. During events the majority of players are in kt so it's easy to find a name and click join. Rather than going kragg and then kt. Instant join to kt, even Kt4.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gaprisha View Post
    I like the map as it is. The scrolling is fine aswell imo. I feel it will get too crowded and area names will get smaller on one static screen especially on a phone and with peeps with fat fingers, imagine them clicking on an area only to end up on another. #fatfingersmatter
    An alternative would be, to be able to toggle swtich between two different views of the map. One normal and one in the form of a list.

I also like the idea of knowing the loot table of each area similar to locks.

Another suggestion: add a count down timer on the world map for deep marsh, northal and cryostar when they open. Since most of the time peeps dont know when and how long its been open especially say when deep marsh opens up at odd times for most of us.
    +1 to the bold.
    Avy
    12-2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    165 Posts

The map itself is fine, you could add in notable drops in a tab somewhere. I was thinking of the 'Time left" on the cyclical boss events.

Wish you guys would make a game list, when im bored I'd like to find games with low level people and help randomly. Probably a lot of work but that was one of my favorite UI in Pocket Legends.

Somewhere beyond and between here and nowhere...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

Default My two cents:

1. Remap/Reset Instance option: Ability to map the same map again, really needed for AP runs. At present we need to switch to house/ghall/town/other map in order to remap/reset.
    2. Looking for Group/Party option: Make a option to find people who want to run same maps or do same activity like APs, dailies etc.
      Why?
      • As a new player its a pain to find people to do level 45+ content, they have to spend long time asking random players in towns.
      • Looking for Group text fails because there is no global/world chat, and now that Auction can be accessed through hud there are even less people in towns.
      • At present the system groups random players in an instance based on their levels (the +-2 logic), the problem is that its only effective for popular maps like ESG/Maus. If a level 71 player wants to do level 66 content then this system fails.

I am sure there might be more scenarios where it can help.
    Retired
    Tired of Dead Guilds & Offline FL? Click Here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoNuke View Post
    1. Remap/Reset Instance option: Ability to map the same map again, really needed for AP runs. At present we need to switch to house/ghall/town/other map in order to remap/reset.
    2. Looking for Group/Party option: Make a option to find people who want to run same maps or do same activity like APs, dailies etc.
      Why?
      • As a new player its a pain to find people to do level 45+ content, they have to spend long time asking random players in towns.
      • Looking for Group text fails because there is no global/world chat, and now that Auction can be accessed through hud there are even less people in towns.
      • At present the system groups random players in an instance based on their levels (the +-2 logic), the problem is that its only effective for popular maps like ESG/Maus. If a level 71 player wants to do level 66 content then this system fails.

I am sure there might be more scenarios where it can help.
    I'm starting to like this guy's posts......

Very sensible...... And factual............

Official Signature Of Dot Com Entertainment