Thread: "How I ended up being scammed"- The Full Story Behind... [PLEASE READ]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Default "How I ended up being scammed"- The Full Story Behind... [PLEASE READ]

Before I start I just want to thank everyone who will spend their time reading this thread. Im not crying over my lost items (Yes I made a mistake by trusting people on here indeed, but I got my lesson now), I just truly want to warn others and share my story hoping it will not happen again, not to me but to you. Okay so the story goes like this... I joined this community around 2-3 weeks ago and while I was around level 13 I think I met some old PVP players who asked me to join them in the rising community of PVP 12-18 since I had nothing to lose only to gain I agreed. They thought me a lot of things and without them i would not be here where I am now. (Shoutout to "Grower", "Crypig" and the others..Thanks for all the tips<3..) Sadly "Murdertime" and "Petal" were one of them as well. We quickly became friends since we had many things in common including we all actually played on the same level so we ran into each other quite a lot in PVP. Days by days we spent hours PVPing and having fun together and they (or him, it turned out that its the same person but i will explain it later) quickly became my friends. At first it was not suspicious to me but they never actually faught each other in PVP, they just joined each other using " I borrowed Petal my gear till she gets hers so pvp her now" as an excuse or "Murder has my stuff i will watch go fight him". The reason why it was not suspicious to me at first was because Murder told me that Petal was his close friend and that they were borrowing each other stuff. One thing that i noticed then was that Petal was always silent while I was fighting Murdertime or Murdertime being silent while I fought Petal but I thought that it was just a coincidence and that they were just busy doing something else.When they both actually got to talk there were always certain delays between their messages as if only one person used 2 altars (which i did not know then since i was blind but i do know now). Day by day the person behind those two altars was slowly gaining my trust. Murdertime was online most of the time talking more while petal was on only joining our pvp lobbies staying silent and talking from time to time. After few weeks both of them gained my trust since we were hanging all the time (I trusted petal because as she said she has been on here since 2012 and there is no reason not to treust her since shes an "Oldie" and thats why she would never scam). 5 days ago Murder came up to me asking to borrow my Classic Iron hand hat I was bleffing and told him that ill record the trade just to be sure because i was scammed before and i dont want to end up scammed again, he said that that he gonna add gold as an compensation so i dont have to worry about getting scammed and i dont have to record it in the end. I accepted it and we did the trade and few hours later i traded his gold back for my classic iron hand hat and everything seemed fine. After that Petal asked me to borrow her my Firebrand 15 (I luckily recorded that and I still have it saved), she gave my firebrand back when i asked for iyesterday so everything seemed fine, they both seemed trustful. Yesterday Murder told me to get a blud mafia set since i sold my classic hat and black glass mask and made some gold he said that prices will go up and that its a good investment. Ofc i listened to him since he had much more experience in this game than me. As soon as I got my blud set he asked me to borrow it to him together with my dynamo and firebrand 15 cuz he wants to take a picture to his friend to make him jealous. I made a major mistake and told him that i wont record since i trusted him which he replied with "Dw bro im not gonna scam im not a pussy chill" as soon as he got my stuff he dissconnected came back after 2 mins messaged me saying "sorry i dcd" and went offline again while petal was still online somewhere having me deleted and not replying to my messages. She also left the guild so I could not track her. After she finally replied she told me that Murdertime must be just joking around with me and that i should not be worried about that. I went offline for few hours and noticed that Murdertime removed me as well and as soon as i started messaging him he left the guild and none of them were replying me even tho they were online. I spent most of the day today as some of you might have seen going around and spamming that Murdertime and Petal are scammmers. Petal hit me up saying that Murdertime scammed her as well as she said he took her "Undead and some other vanities" and removed her at this point i knew she was lying cuz the day before she had the undead on and murder was using some cheap stuff which i gave him. She gave me back my machete which i borrowed her after the firebrand saying that if i need any gold that i can freely ask her. At that point i knew it was just a distraction to put on blame on murdertime and make petal look innocent. I went for it and got my machete back. Petal removed me afterwards without a word saying that she will talk to murdertime. Few hours ago both of them were online but none of them were replying to me. I forgot to mention that murdertime moved from 15 to 16 and that petal started a new account to boost her new kdr and level up to lvl 17.Also they both used the same claws 16 and fire solstice gem. When it comes to me giving stuff to murdertime I only managed to save and screen the part where he asked for my stuff (i will post it down bellow). I know that some of you will call me stupid saying that it was an obvious scam and i could have predicted that one person is using both of the accounts but trust me it was played out so well that i had no clues about what was going on. I did not take more screenshots of our convos because i thought that he aint gonna scam me since i trusted him and i was not expecting that as i said i only saved the part where he asked for my stuff. Also 4 people including her former guildmate told me that Petal is Murdertime her former guildmate also told me that petal has many accounts and that it might be murdertime. One of them even told me that Petal admitted him in pvp that shes Murdertime but he has not screened it since back then he did not know that he was a scammer. Im afraid that both of them might rename or change accounts and that i will lose track of them and never bring me to justice. I need your help really much right now, if you have any information about petal or murdertime please post it down bellow. Also is there anything I can do to get the person behind these accounts punished or something.Im aware that i will never see my lost items again and it makes me sad since i worked hard for it but it is how it is im back to being poor again but atleast i still got my lvl 15 gem set so i can continue pvping . if there is nothing i can do to make that person pay for the things he or she has done to me i really hope you gonna learn from my mistake to not to trust people on here.im afraid that he/she might change accounts or rename to escape justice to avoid getting banned but in the end it is my fault for trusting people thinking that they might be better. Thank you for reading and sorry about my bad english I really hope you managed to understand me (english is my third language heh). As I said if you have any advices on what should i do or any informations about the usernames i mentioned please leave a comment down bellow. Thanks for your time <33!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Deviantwish For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Name:  45057768_1912630495510795_4847078508607832064_n.jpg
Views: 342
Size:  71.7 KB Name:  45013109_512388532558479_4177646265695207424_n.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  62.1 KB Name:  45000737_293487481259448_3506621242750795776_n.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  71.4 KB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

This a video of the earlier firebrand trade. Notice how they only have 1 gem set and they always use the same frost katana just changing from one acc to another.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Just as general life advice, on and off line:

You do not know anyone after 2-3 weeks. You do not know anyone after 2-3 years. Hell, sometimes you do not know anyone after 30 years and discover they really like their life a lot more dangerous, including murderous partners, than you like it. So no, you do not know people easily and certainly not online.

Anyone who cannot manage their money and therefore have to borrow items after years of game play do not deserve your trust. They cannot handle money and items. Do not trust your items to anyone who cannot handle money or items. Anyone who is an "Oldie" and can handle money and items does not have to borrow.

BTW, this is classic real life scam: One to gain your trust; one to reinforce it and apply the group follow urge. Be happy it was not your life savings from your investment accounts and your house.

Star light, star bright...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Fyrce For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Yes, I am a lot more aware of that when it comes to real life. I could have avoided this but I made a mistake by trusting people on here thinking that they might be different or something since I was a new player and they helped me a lot with tips etc. I payed my price for that. I made this post only to warn others if they find themselfs in same or similar situations like me. It's hard to understand that people are actually capable of doing such a thing, spending weeks/months/years gaining your trust only to use you in the end. I'm not mad at all, I got played out and that's okay (My mistake) I just hope all the stuff they took away from me (which I worked hard for) will make them happy in the end. Thank you for your time and helpful reply. Have a nice day.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Deviantwish For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Paragraphs are you friends; use them. It makes it a lot easier to read

Coincidence how petal is innocent and murder time is bad. They play good cop and bad cop together lol and name reflects this

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Azerothraven For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deviantwish View Post
    Name:  45057768_1912630495510795_4847078508607832064_n.jpg
Views: 342
Size:  71.7 KB Name:  45013109_512388532558479_4177646265695207424_n.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  62.1 KB Name:  45000737_293487481259448_3506621242750795776_n.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  71.4 KB
    dumb *** xD

Στάλθηκε από το LG-K420 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Yeah I know sorry, I messed it up big time...... More and more people telling me how they know that Petal is a scammer. Sucks but I fell for her/his tricks sadly . Atleast I can warn others now if nothing heh..

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Deviantwish For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Thank you I guess hah

@ the intersection of Tea. Earl Grey. Hot and Damn Fine Cup of Coffee.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    369 Posts

Perhaps you aren't the first to report them. So maybe the devs will remember that others have reported them and take a look at their shenanigans. Cinco/Justg, do the community a favor and bring out the banhammer. The long game scammers are the absolute worst.
    Last edited by Java; 10-30-2018 at 02:51 PM.

Join the AL Community Discord!https://discord.gg/VrMWZ8t
    Retired Coffeegirl, Veep Of Arlor, 2016

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Java For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

It's hard to track Petal since she/he starts new accounts with the same username all the time (probably to avoid getting banned or something). One week its a lvl 15 with 1700-20 kdr the other week its a lvl 17 with 700-0 etc. As I heard Petal also has several other accounts but the usernames are unknown to me.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

This a video of the earlier firebrand trade. Notice how they only have 1 gem set and they always use the same frost katana just changing from one acc to another.
    With reference to the video, you gave firebrand 15 to petal. Other items may be given i don't know.
    Accumulate all proofs, concise and reprot it via email to support@spacetimestudios.com

In actual world, many scammers/untrustworthy people betray their best friends, family members, Girlfriend etc., In this virtual world, you learnt it by experience and move on. Thanks for your courage and concern about others.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

19. The Following User Says Thank You to themythrise For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

I feel so sorry for u
    If they want to scam u they do'that trust game and make u trust them, then they said can i have it again'so i can take a pic .
    Then poof nd delete u

Do not trust again anyone , keep ur stuff for'urself

Envoyé de mon SM-T561 en utilisant Tapatalk

21. The Following User Says Thank You to nadineelfen For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Name:  45046235_259690774742083_4846626557789208576_n.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  34.3 KBName:  45071963_661455164254828_9138867644772909056_n.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  94.3 KB I actually forgot to post the part where he asks for my stuff to take a picture so here it is. On the second picture you can see Petals most recent account. She is wearing the exact same items murdertime had the day he scammed me but with a new addition of Blud legs which were suprisingly stolen from me.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Deviantwish For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Yeah indeed it sucks to gain someones trust only to use him in the end. I really thought he/she was different but ehh.. I will never trust anyone again that is for sure I got my lesson now. Thanks

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Deviantwish For This Useful Post:

@ the intersection of Tea. Earl Grey. Hot and Damn Fine Cup of Coffee.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    369 Posts

[]Name:  45071963_661455164254828_9138867644772909056_n.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  94.3 KB I actually forgot to post the part where he asks for my stuff to take a picture so here it is. On the second picture you can see Petals most recent account. She is wearing the exact same items murdertime had the day he scammed me but with a new addition of Blud legs which were suprisingly stolen from me.
    Yes! I saw her wearing that today. Funny how they deny being a scammer and demand proof and I am looking at them wearing the items they scammed. Bahaha!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Join the AL Community Discord!https://discord.gg/VrMWZ8t
    Retired Coffeegirl, Veep Of Arlor, 2016

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Java For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Exactly!!!!!!!!....

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

They all deny
    Quote Originally Posted by Java View Post
    Yes! I saw her wearing that today. Funny how they deny being a scammer and demand proof and I am looking at them wearing the items they scammed. Bahaha!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Envoyé de mon SM-T561 en utilisant Tapatalk

30. The Following User Says Thank You to nadineelfen For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Dev I hope you learned your lesson...my problem with you boys is that you leave those who need help and help scammers ..I remember a time when I was poor asf on my old account 'mascotmullah ' and I asked you for some vanities (cheap ones) you refused to help me.anyway if you need money add me up...my new IGN:evildantee