Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: My thoughts about how difficult monsters are at the end game in PL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Exclamation My thoughts about how difficult monsters are at the end game in PL

Dear STS,

Why do you have to torture my poor bird. You make his self-esteem very low when he can't even kill a couple of mobs in Nuri at lv62 without being killed in 3 hits. You've modified the game to suite dev's preferences, to buy elixirs. We all know these levels past Fathom Crypt are impossible to solo without juice and that we can no longer "relax" in a dungeon, we must be constantly spamming pots. During my despicable battle with Aunt Emma in Mount Fang, I was HUMILIATED because I was dead the whole time. I read all the strategy guides and was in a good group, however this "advanced" game system of yours cannot register my 100 taps on the pot button, leading to my death every resurrection.

Another instance, STS has recently introduced the "elite" level, for hardcore wealthy players that mass loads of 4x pots with other juiced up players. Anyone without it?--->GOOD BYE NOOB! This peer pressure forces others to follow the hardcore player's steps. The reason we need these 4x pots are because:
    • Mobs have 5 time the amount of healh you have
    • They deal the same damage as you do
    • There are 20x the amount of mobs than your group
    • Killing 100,000 mobs (for elite level) is physically impossible, unless you want to be the next person who died from too much gaming
    • You decide to have fun by soloing 100 mobs with 5x your health in swarms of 4-8 (Impossible)
    • Armor doesn't increase that significantly over 10 level-.- Comparing Nuri and Fang gear to Sewers

Furthermore, people used to reach lv45 so quickly just by power leveling so STS introduced the "Advancement Curve". This increased the xp needed to reach the next level by a lot, so that players could not rush too quickly to the end of the game. Then came the new campaign level adjustment where you can only enter a campaign when your at a certain level, 2 below the requirement. (ex. Balefort Sewers recommended lv:50-55 which means you can go there at lv48). With these changes, leveling became annoying, since it was only 1-2 xp per kill and quests don't do jack. I mean really, 1xp for a quest which you put in a lot of effort?(Pots, deaths, time, etc.) And bosses now have "increased" xp gain per kill. Wow 4 more xp is so helpful.

This is the main reason I took a break, I couldn't handle this. Why can't you just be the old STS? Charge us for the campaigns, keep pvp maps in them(there hasn't been any new pvp maps in the past three releases; BS, NH, nor MF) and get rid of the increased xp. Don't you think killing 10k mobs is already enough to level from 60-61? NO! Thats way too much! I hope you understand, I am not trying to flame or troll STS, just pointing out my view.

Your best friend, Beanie

P.S I feel that having to unlock the new levels within the campaign is very obnoxious, especially with the statements above. I'm lv 62 and still stuck in Haunted Symphony, Nuri Hallows. Also "Top Level" (Leader boards->Largest Guilds) should be the max level(ex.lv65) excluding the elite level.

Proud Member of AEO (PL) and Sparkling Pwnies (SL)!

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Beanmachine For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

I agree, and I as well want the old sts back. For ever since I can remember sts had me hooked on gaming. Recently Ive been playing xbox and wii much, much more and I have found myself slowly tapering off PL and SL. I don't really understand their changes either, I mean mainly its to make money right? 'Cause you know my $50 is going to buy mario kart, not platinum...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

My thinking is... since the Global cool down gameplay is much slower. When we first started we could spam all our skills and instantly kill most mobs. Now we have to wait some time before doing a combo. I think if STS upped the damage output of our toon by a small bit and health the problem would be solved.

You can still solo most of the campaigns it just takes a long time. Even Emma. (Btw I play as a strong bird)
    (Yes I killed a dev)
    Don't screw with the pew! (not literally) lol
    Active Toons: MoarPewPew,Enrages,PewPewJr
    I award Pew Points.(Keep Track!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

tell you what, check the suggestions forum in... 30 seconds
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Yes, the last two expansions have turned Pocket Legends into Plat Legends. . I understand STS bottom line is to make money, but I feel they did it at the expense of some really fun game play. You have always been able to play this game for free, the difference is it used to be fun and enjoyable as a free game (without plat) and now the same type of gameplay costs you plat (enhancer). Bummer!!!!! On the positive side, SL is geared more towards fun gameplay without enhancers.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to krazii For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

The Main problem I see with the MF mobs is that they are simply strong and very high in hp, however don't require much tactic to them other than just brutal skill and combo spamming. That's why some (most non-plat users) find them very hard to beat, while others (elixier users/other advanced players) think they are boring and don't require enough strategy, like there was in Nuris or the Sewers. No roundups needed, no special mob combo abitities (like 'gravestoned') or debuffs.
    That makes the runs kinda monotonous and I hope STS will find a better balance between pure mob-strength and the strategic elements for future campaigns (hey sts, noone minds if you take sone more time to develope those )

As for the point that these 100,000 exp is nearly impossible to achieve, I can't agree.
    I ran on 4x pots all the way from 65 to 66 and it took me about 8hours in total, maybe a bit less.
    With a fully potted group of decent players I grinded at an average speed of 12-14k exp/h with boss and about 16k/h without.
    So let's do some maths: an unpotted group will be slightly slower, especially with boss, so let's assume it takes them twice the time (this is propably too slow, but just to see how it works out).
    Makes about 15 hours. Without x4 pots: 50-60hours I assume. (could be faster when in a good group)
    You have 3 months to reach every levelcap (about 100 days), that means you should Be leveling about:
    60/100 *7 = 4.2 hours per week and you would Be reaching lvl66 in time.
    I think this time should be achievable by everyone, and again, with a decent (also non potted) group of players it would taken even less, so consider these times as "worst case".
    I think it's more about motivation, I recommend reading Whoisthis' thread regarding the vanities in the PvP section.

Some words about GCD
    -- when it was first introduced I was also really pissed of, since it ruined PvP IMO and I was very close to quit.
    -- since than the duration of the cooldown has drastically been reduced and now I don't think anyone would call a birds or mages combo really slow or affected by the gcd
    --In PvE most powerful combos (cruel blast, nature strike, hot flash, crushed) need a little time gap to trigger and I don't think that the cooldown has any significant impact on the speed.

My two cents
    Last edited by Gaunab; 11-23-2011 at 10:11 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Agreeing with you Bean, but Mount Fang is much easier for EXP than Nuri's.

In fact, in 14 hours, I've done 50k exp for 65-66 already.
    And that's from using 1.5x EXP elixirs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlzap View Post
    Agreeing with you Bean, but Mount Fang is much easier for EXP than Nuri's.

In fact, in 14 hours, I've done 50k exp for 65-66 already.
    And that's from using 1.5x EXP elixirs.
    So my estimates where kinda high, exactly what I expected...

Updated numbers: On 1.5 pots it will take about 30 hours total, that means 20min/day or 2.5h/week and you will reach it EASYLY in time. C'mon that is doable without dying from gaming for anyone

Tip: It is very helpful to set yourself goals. (eg: "I will be doing crypt runs 3h per week")
    Last edited by Gaunab; 11-23-2011 at 10:21 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by krazii View Post
    Yes, the last two expansions have turned Pocket Legends into Plat Legends. . I understand STS bottom line is to make money, but I feel they did it at the expense of some really fun game play. You have always been able to play this game for free, the difference is it used to be fun and enjoyable as a free game (without plat) and now the same type of gameplay costs you plat (enhancer). Bummer!!!!! On the positive side, SL is geared more towards fun gameplay without enhancers.
    Only a matter of time before it catches up to SL tho bud :/

I do agree to a certain extent, I quit (Not officially tho havent been on since Nuri/Halloween) PL due to the long grin sessions, dont find it fun any more glad that 'Cinco Loco' was implemented for players but thats only for a time period. STS need to look into other ways to get out of just doing these longgggg grinds and maybe gain XP (high-ish) in other ways, though looks like all maybe the even the new un-released/whole franchise is going to be geared towards in the end.

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

I think his main point (at least to me anyway) was that mt fang and nuri's both are set up to sell elixirs. I agree that it's very very difficult for a non potted group to beat any of the mt fang bosses except for the guy in crypt and the fat baron. That's why 75% of the games are crypt. Crypt has become crush the keeper part 2.

I agree that sts should start charging us for the maps and do away with plat elixirs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

Way to be dramatic lol sorry you feel this ways and that this happens. But that's what you get with games that mimic reality, reality.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Beanmachine View Post
    • Mobs have 5 time the amount of health you have
    • They deal the same damage as you do
    • There are 20x the amount of mobs than your group

All True ... But Mobs can't think, and that is all the advantage we need:
    • Players can pick their targets
    • Our Birds can target their Mages First
    • Players can group target individual mobs, greatly reducing the overall damage output of the enemies
    • Players can put our bears up front taking damage while we target their birds
    • Players can work together to debuff mobs, reducing them to armorless, dodgeless, damageless noobs

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    But Mobs can't think, and that is all the advantage we need
    sometimes it seems that players also cant.....
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WoundedEagle View Post
    Way to be dramatic lol sorry you feel this ways and that this happens. But that's what you get with games that mimic reality, reality.

how is this dramatic again hes only stating his opinion not dramatic ...

SupaProdigy level 32 operative SpaceReaper level 12 .Beastrocity lvl 63
    Supaprodigy level 56 bird Toquickforu level 60 Paladin! Top Shot Mafia. Empty-Space

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Riccits View Post
    sometimes it seems that players also cant.....
    That is most definitely a HUGE problem. 4X seems to be the substitute for strategy.
    I am having the hardest time leveling my Mage because I am at the mercy of noobs. My bear can at least gather mobs, and my bird can snipe enemy mages, both of which make the leveling go faster. With my Mage, all I can do is rev the group after the inevitable auto-targeting of the bear that keeps getting healed and then scattered.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Elixirs make it easier but who wants zones easily soloed. That's ridiculous. Get a group & stop trying to solo & you wont die. I personally think the zones are TOO EASY.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    That is most definitely a HUGE problem. 4X seems to be the substitute for strategy.
    I am having the hardest time leveling my Mage because I am at the mercy of noobs. My bear can at least gather mobs, and my bird can snipe enemy mages, both of which make the leveling go faster. With my Mage, all I can do is rev the group after the inevitable auto-targeting of the bear that keeps getting healed and then scattered.
    Stay to the rear and use a wand/bracer. Against mobs, it can be done, but expect heavy casualties from most PUGs. Also, the bosses will be quite tough. Not all PUGs will be able to do them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Mynas gens, keeper gens, elixir gens??!?
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Conradin For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Conradin View Post
    Mynas gens, keeper gens, elixir gens??!?
    Elixir gen is the worst by far. As long as there are 4x combo elixirs, they won't go away.

23.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #20
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Hey Beaniemachine!

Nice to see you again. It has been a while. Thanks for taking the time to write us with your feedback. I can well understand how you feel. No one likes to feel underpowered As I'm sure you can imagine, balance in a MMO game like Pocket Legends is always changing and evolving as the game grows. I think, in part, some of the design philosophies from Star Legends are bleeding in a bit to the latest content, so that might be why it's not quite as solo friendly. Find a group (or duo, or well, more than one) and I think you'll see that things get a lot easier.

Have you looked into guilds? There are some great ones out there that might mean more people you can play with too.

Not that grouping really answers your original complaint, but it's a thought.

Regardless, I've added your feedback into my latest round-up for the design team to consider. Thanks again for posting your thoughts.

PS. I changed your title to be more accurate to what your thread was about.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post: