Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Request for Cinco

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Default Request for Cinco

Cinco, would you please add a spectating option in pvp. I feel like many people want this(including myself) and it would just be fun watching people play. Especially in tournaments.

Merci.
    Happy Holidays!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Irishcow For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

I would definitely love to see this as an option, especially if I wanna learn from their play styles. Or Make it a custom option to allow spectators.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    258 Posts

I'm a farmer myself. But would love to witness pvp in its all its glory, being able to root for my friends would be amazing.

I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.
    -Helen Keller

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Would be really nice, newcomers can spectate and learn/grow interest in pvp.
    Would be fun if there's many players could spectate a match all together, all given that they can't be targeted,stay outer circle, can't reach center and also CAN'T COMMENT.
    Last edited by Waug; 11-02-2018 at 06:21 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

support i want to see pvp games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

+1 for me this is a great idea!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

This would be cool, but I feel like the request should be clarified a bit more. If you are on a player's friends list and they are currently in a Rockwall Forts PvP lobby, but their game is full, can we still be able to spectate them? Or do you have to be within the level range of your friend (5 +/-) and have to actually join them to spectate in game? Or is it you have to be within the level range of your friend, but you can freely spectate them without having to join their game?

The idea of this is great and I would definitely love to see this happening.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

i would personally, love a spectate screen. i have always wanted to spectate high level endgame ctf. It would be a really nice addition to the game - perhaps even inspiring more people to try PvP and reach endgame to partake in ctf (of which i am assuming there's a lot of, i might be wrong.)

I think, however, it should have chat disabled so that players who are spectating are unable to see the chat of the PvP (incase there is any toxicity.)

Perhaps to program it without making a new engine, you could just set a flag that upon pressing spectate, joins you to the hosted map, but never triggers the team selection buttons to appear - meaning you are in the PvP match, and able to roam around, but unable to fight.

Then, to allow players to see what is going on: remove that extra island where you are spawned before joining a team, and instead, allow the player to enter the map anyway.. this would mean you would be in the PvP map but without a team, meaning you could watch, but not participate, but still be able to move around freely to see what is going on..

then, of course, you would need a way to hide the player from the screens of people on a team, so there isn't any deliberate distractions being made by spectators in a tourney.. (this would only be important during actual tournaments, imo).

Perhaps, this could be accomplished by making the playermodel transparent by equipping a 'spectator' item-set? These items would just be designed so that the gear makes the character completely transparent. This set could be purchasable for 30k - much like the Honour Arena sets.

Also, the playerlimit would need to be changed from 2,6&10 (depending on the map) to something larger so that we are able to spectate full games.

Also, skills should be disabled and unmapped whilst spectating, so that there is a larger view for the spectators.

When i say remove the island, i mean this room where the player is spawned before joining:
    Name:  what i meant.PNG
Views: 1003
Size:  566.6 KB

I wonder if that even makes sense to anyone other than me hahah

That's all speculation, i have no idea how the game is actually programmed..

Here are my attempts at designing the screens...

Name:  for forums.jpg
Views: 1344
Size:  444.6 KB

Name:  spec screen.jpg
Views: 714
Size:  338.1 KB
    Last edited by burntoutdex; 11-04-2018 at 12:11 AM. Reason: added stuff and fixed spacings

10. The Following User Says Thank You to burntoutdex For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

You're lucky to see more than a single game per +/-5 pvp zones. If the game was thriving in PvP, the work required to implement a spectator mode (which incidentally, makes STS zero money) would make sense

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Draebatad View Post
    You're lucky to see more than a single game per +/-5 pvp zones. If the game was thriving in PvP, the work required to implement a spectator mode (which incidentally, makes STS zero money) would make sense
    That is a good argument for this suggestion and probably something that should or will be thought through before the idea even being considered. That's a good point you've made there :thinking:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Honor pvp would not exist in that sense, enormous pvp balance tweaks would not exist, 105 pvp procs & cinco's effort to assign 105 item's pvp aspect stat first rather than PVE wise for the first time ever in PL would not exist & all those would not make sense xD

Quote Originally Posted by Communion View Post
    This would be cool, but I feel like the request should be clarified a bit more. If you are on a player's friends list and they are currently in a Rockwall Forts PvP lobby, but their game is full, can we still be able to spectate them? Or do you have to be within the level range of your friend (5 +/-) and have to actually join them to spectate in game? Or is it you have to be within the level range of your friend, but you can freely spectate them without having to join their game?

The idea of this is great and I would definitely love to see this happening.
    I've some cool basic ideas for that -
    - Spectate option like join option (hosted games)
    - No level restriction to spectate but to stop spam maybe a minimum level requirement lets say L50
    - Large numbers of lobby Lets say upto 20 players can spectate
    - While hosting one can choose that spectate mode will be available or not
    - An outer circle exclusive for spectators, they can't get into inner active circle zone
    - Inner circle zone for active pvp-ers occupies most of the map eg 90%, pvp-ers can't visit outer circle either
    - Spectators can't comment only pvp-ers as usual.
    This idea fits for round shape arena maps

2nd type -
    As we see in the various competitive games -
    Spectate pvp-ers from pvp-ers point of view (spectator can choose which player's POV to watch but not the skill set up) and pvp-ers can see how many players are spectating em.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

I'm all for it! Who knows, sometimes Cinco and others at STS don't always implement things strictly for profit -- they do it to make their beloved game even better than it is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

I think a spectator option would be too time consuming to make and wouldn't offer much return to STS, but would love to see it implemented obviously.

Alternatively, we could start recording our games more (especially tournament matches) and upload them on YouTube or stream them on Twitch. Powerleval recently did this with his Honor tournament match and the community loved every bit of it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

There are no end game pvp games at this moment. Even if the feature was added, how many would use it and how would it help increase activity levels for pvp? Not many, and it wouldn't help. There's not enough players left and for every player that spectates that is potentially one less to actually join a game and fight. YouTube is better in two ways: 1) the burden is on the player not the devs and 2) it grants the illusion that pvp is actually active by having an on-demand video available.

Speaking of YouTube and pvp fights, here's the final fight from the Clash of the Couples 2v2 FFA L100 tournament from September 2017.

https://youtu.be/0P-_StnLGh0
    Last edited by Draebatad; 11-06-2018 at 02:42 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

I do believe having a spectate option would be nice. I would love to have like a way to video other's games with commentary. Especially, for tournaments. A way for someone to describe where they went wrong at certain point would be great and helpful. The learning experience would help improve people's games (including mine).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Still people request for this..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

There are no end game pvp games at this moment. Even if the feature was added, how many would use it and how would it help increase activity levels for pvp? Not many, and it wouldn't help. There's not enough players left and for every player that spectates that is potentially one less to actually join a game and fight. YouTube is better in two ways: 1) the burden is on the player not the devs and 2) it grants the illusion that pvp is actually active by having an on-demand video available.

Speaking of YouTube and pvp fights, here's the final fight from the Clash of the Couples 2v2 FFA L100 tournament from September 2017.

https://youtu.be/0P-_StnLGh0
    ^ Let's get the game and PvP active and fix what needs to be fixed. There's always YouTube.

Links: Pocket Legends Reborn! /// PL Party Zone Discord Server

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

+1 great idea for sure

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

I'll give this idea another +1