Thread: Level 41 after Christmas.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Default Level 41 after Christmas.

Anyone want the cap to come AFTER Christmas? I sure do. Here are some pros of a later release.

Pros:
    Everyone is saving to buy presents, few people will be able to afford plat when the cap hits.

After xmas, people with have new phones, tabs, and PCs to play on.

Also, more kids will have Christmas money to spend on plat.

The people who struggled to make 36 just in time will have a week or two to enjoy it before having to grind right away again.

It gives the devs time to go over the update more, and maybe take suggestions.

All the procrastinators wont have a leg to stand on this time about how "we didn't have enough ttttimmmee"

Xmas event is coming, and that will keep those like me who hit 36 3 times or more busy till the cap raises.

Cons:
    Since I'm arguing the Pros side, I'll take input from everyone.
    Proud Co-Leader of Infinite Union
    Infinite Union forums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I somewhat agree and disagree. I would like it to come sooner because i think I'm ready for the new content. I'd like it to come later because I don't know if I want to level my op to 36, I've already level my commando and engineer.
    Nourish 36 Engineer | Glu 36 Commando | Tacticz 36 Operative

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalere View Post
    Anyone want the cap to come AFTER Christmas? I sure do. Here are some pros of a later release.

Pros:
    Everyone is saving to buy presents, few people will be able to afford plat when the cap hits.

After xmas, people with have new phones, tabs, and PCs to play on.

Also, more kids will have Christmas money to spend on plat.

The people who struggled to make 36 just in time will have a week or two to enjoy it before having to grind right away again.

It gives the devs time to go over the update more, and maybe take suggestions.

All the procrastinators wont have a leg to stand on this time about how "we didn't have enough ttttimmmee"

Xmas event is coming, and that will keep those like me who hit 36 3 times or more busy till the cap raises.

Cons:
    Since I'm arguing the Pros side, I'll take input from everyone.

Hmmm for me I'm ready to go now. Bring it on!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

The level cap should come after Christmas because it gives me some more time to level myself( still 33) lol, and gives us more shipyard runs.

Alaska, Left the heat on & melted my Igloo...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I'm ready for it to raise TODAY, broke or not lol. Good topic though & I see where your coming from. A lot of valid points
    Proud Officer of Infinite Union
    Downloads -36 Commando * Http -36 Operative * URL -36 Engineer

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Bank or no bank Just this game needs to move on

Edit: thb i see alot of problems with that. 1 of them i fear the most will be a massive overflow of legendary items in the market.
    Last edited by SuperNas; 11-23-2011 at 04:56 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

The sooner the better. Im actually grinding for 36 but if I miss it, i really wont be too disappointed. I dont like the 36 engi helm too much plus I have a boatload of helms I dont use anyways. Only thing I would be bummed about is not getting the vanity set bonus thats supposedly suppose to come. But I always like new content. Unfortunately I wish loot was a lot harder to get, but then you always have people whining cause they cant get a drop and they wiwh everything was handed out on a silver platter. But then when they do reach cap andd have full custom "whatever" they realize that they'd wish loot was harder to get because now they are bored, waiting for new content again. =D

I would like the new content early but to be honest I can wait also. Id rather the Dev team take their time and perfect things to a standard they feel the content is worth releasing. Having something new with a bunch of bugs is pointless.
    Last edited by Rodvik; 11-23-2011 at 05:10 PM.

Rodvik - 40 Engineer - Guy on the Couch in Infinite Union
    Fouroneone - Pay It Forward

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SuperNas:490294
    thb i see alot of problems with that. 1 of them i fear the most will be a massive overflow of legendary items in the market.
    That only affects the merchants. That would actually be better for the general community as not everyone can afford to pay plat for their guaranteed pistol drop. Also, I have my 3 helms and 2000 plat, so I'm not being selfish here, just looking out for everyone. And besides, when the update DOES drop, thats when the massive inflow of ALL 35 gear will come to AH, legendaries included, and the prices will crash as usual. If you're worried about the pistols holding value, you'd be wise to want to let the update ride for a bit longer.

ETA: @Rod, Idk how these people can be bored, I got my helms weeks ago, and since then have been too busy helping guildies achieve their goals that I haven't been able to do anything but. But I guess some people just cap and log off till next update. This topic is like any other update topic, too soon, too late, can't please everybody. I would like to point out though, that the people ready for the update don't lose anything if it comes soon, however, the people who are still grinding forever lose their chance to aquire the helm. I would like to think that not everyone here is just thinking about themselves, ya know what I mean?
    Last edited by Ebalere; 11-23-2011 at 05:14 PM.
    Infinite Union forums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

I support this, E. I will have either a Transformer Prime is that other quad core tablet around that time and would love to test SL/PL on it first and foremost.

There's likely to be bugs on quad core devices.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

That only affects the merchants. That would actually be better for the general community as not everyone can afford to pay plat for their guaranteed pistol drop. Also, I have my 3 helms and 2000 plat, so I'm not being selfish here, just looking out for everyone. And besides, when the update DOES drop, thats when the massive inflow of ALL 35 gear will come to AH, legendaries included, and the prices will crash as usual. If you're worried about the pistols holding value, you'd be wise to want to let the update ride for a bit longer.
    Hate to say it but one of the things about this game that disappoints me is the fact that Legendary Gear and Epic Gear dont really hold their value. Its sad that top end gear eventually gets marked down to a value were Greens are worth more than Purples and Pinks because they are rare. Whats the point in having top end items if EVERYONE has them. I thought the whole point of a loot system was to, to some point distinguish effort and luck (so to say). Might I say I hate the new miner elixir. I agree to some extent that players should have equal grounds, but if I get a Legendary drop and Legendary Loot is suppose to be rare and its not, whats the point?

Its like Legendary Pistols, before the miner luck loot upgrade, it was like "HOLY CRAP A LEGENDARY PINK!" then after the luck pot buff its "Ohh great not another Guttersnipe". Like I said whats the point in having a ranking system for loot if it feels like its all on the same grounds of equality?

Just some food for thought.

I mean sometimes its nice to walk around and inspect people and be like "HOLY CRAP WHAT IS THAT!" Instead of "Hey nice outfit Ebalere, I have that same set in Blue in my stash". (Sarcasm if this goes over some peoples heads)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

There is not nearly enough content in the game atm to warrant delaying new content. I really hope that they decide to add more quests to the already existing content. Not only does it give people who are capped something to do. It also allows those capped players to benefit from helping level others as well.

Is it a lack of idea's that restrains the amount of quests we have atm? Or is it the fact that more quests would cost to much to implement? Grinding is boring as boring can be. But having to grind on a phone or tablet seems even more redundant. The whole idea of these mobile MMO's was for it to be a casual interaction. But when you need to run a level 1000 times to gain a level it takes the casual aspect right out of it. If there were more quests it would not be considered grinding since you would actually be achieving something other than a level. And for those of us that do play it on a casual basis( an hour or so a day) it would make that hour quite a bit more enjoyable if we had more than a leveling task to achieve.
    Facebones & Dethklock are proud members of Vengeance

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fac3bon3s For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fac3bon3s View Post
    There is not nearly enough content in the game atm to warrant delaying new content. I really hope that they decide to add more quests to the already existing content. Not only does it give people who are capped something to do. It also allows those capped players to benefit from helping level others as well.

Is it a lack of idea's that restrains the amount of quests we have atm? Or is it the fact that more quests would cost to much to implement? Grinding is boring as boring can be. But having to grind on a phone or tablet seems even more redundant. The whole idea of these mobile MMO's was for it to be a casual interaction. But when you need to run a level 1000 times to gain a level it takes the casual aspect right out of it. If there were more quests it would not be considered grinding since you would actually be achieving something other than a level. And for those of us that do play it on a casual basis( an hour or so a day) it would make that hour quite a bit more enjoyable if we had more than a leveling task to achieve.
    AMEN!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

I would like to think that not everyone here is just thinking about themselves, ya know what I mean?
    Not very elite then maybe change to.. not so elite, waited for everyone to take there time grinding cap

Nah im good to go, if they did it this week (which they are not) id be gutted about my engi, but glad its come. I keep thinking levelling 3 Mains to Cap x5 (or how ever many the set is going to be) is just going to be pretty ridiculous amount of XP, its around that time that we need more than just grinding the same or most efficient level to grind. (our choice ik)

You know me bro I usually back you on everything as your suggestions are always commendable, and I can see where you are coming from on this to help the lower players catch up, but that's the thing its always going to be a catch up game for any new player that starts within the next few weeks. Its not hard to hit 35/Cap atm and as most have shown they can do it in a few days, but does that mean its not 'fair' to wait for players at level 10+ to hit if they start close to any date of the new release. Hope you can see where im going with this

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

hmm... yeah... id like it to be delayed as much as possible too only reason being enjoy the game in this phase, a few weeks after cap... Numa was most fun, Sloucho was painful and SY is just chaotic lol... would like some time with maxed toons because the maps are good unlike Sloucho

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Fac3bon3s View Post
    Grinding is boring as boring can be. But having to grind on a phone or tablet seems even more redundant. The whole idea of these mobile MMO's was for it to be a casual interaction. But when you need to run a level 1000 times to gain a level it takes the casual aspect right out of it. If there were more quests it would not be considered grinding since you would actually be achieving something other than a level.
    OMG. Yes. Absolutely this. I am fine with the last level being harder to achieve than the others, but does it have to be 10x harder? I can't even fathom what the next cap will take, time-wise.
    :|: Liathea - Rogue :|:
    :|: Liathea - Vamp :|: Arya - Vamp :|:
    :|: Liathea - Op :|: Briony - Engi :|: Kickpants - Comm :|:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Liathea View Post
    OMG. Yes. Absolutely this. I am fine with the last level being harder to achieve than the others, but does it have to be 10x harder? I can't even fathom what the next cap will take, time-wise.
    TBH I was not talking about the hardcore level. Just the 5 levels to new cap. No one runs any level other than the one that yields the most XP in the least amount of time. This needs to be stopped. Not only is it annoying when trying to complete a level to continue to the next. But if you're trying to do a quest and everyone in the group leaves it makes things even more frustrating. Guilds are great but can still be some what segregated into groups of people who have known each other for periods of time or are originators of said guild. If you play casually this can be even more apparent.

More quests would mean more people running all levels. Less chance of people leaving to remake after 30% of a level is completed. And would just be more enjoyable over all.
    Facebones & Dethklock are proud members of Vengeance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

people choose to run on biosphere only for the xp, and on RC only for the drops, moreover, the level cap only getting purps removes the incentive for anyone below level 35 from doing bosses, if they are not active merchants who sell a lot of greens. In fact, there is nothing for level 29-35 to do in the game except speedrun on biosphere... or open a lot of boxes lol, maybe this problem can be sorted out if every boss in the new campaign has a unique incentive for every level

and grinding to 36 is not boring, dont like the engie helm, and my guilds position in the LB is sealed, so there is nothing really that keeps me going into biosphere and running, except for the fun of it... making new friends every week, biosphere is really the best place to make frens.. and its still as fun now as it was the first two times, and biosphere is so much more fun than venom-scorcher, though sniping dogs with 2-3 other people in Numa was still the most fun
    Last edited by Slant; 11-23-2011 at 07:03 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

The devs should take their time to take suggestions, make then solid, and make the expansion better over all. Its like food its always better late and when your hungry

Shoes are shiniest when the day is dull
    Garvhoz- lv40 commando/lv16 warrior/lv? bear

Lady_Pebbles

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalere:490306
    @Rod, Idk how these people can be bored, I got my helms weeks ago, and since then have been too busy helping guildies achieve their goals that I haven't been able to do anything but. But I guess some people just cap and log off till next update. This topic is like any other update topic, too soon, too late, can't please everybody. I would like to point out though, that the people ready for the update don't lose anything if it comes soon, however, the people who are still grinding forever lose their chance to aquire the helm. I would like to think that not everyone here is just thinking about themselves, ya know what I mean?

After a while, that gets boring as well. Especially if you're in a mixed level PUG where not everyone listens and knows what to do. Luckily, I haven't had these problems, I just get bored doing the same thing over & over again. Thats part of the reason why I wish the new cap was released already. Gives people like me more things to do.

Also, regarding pink weapons... I can't buy plat but I did get free plat. It was a pain trying to remove the darn apps that wouldn't uninstall normally and spam mails in my email were a drag. I vowed never to go through that again (yes it was THAT bad) so a chance to get the weapons at a lower price eventually would be nice had it not been for the fact that I can't get the shields for the stat bonus either. Therefore, in my opinion theres no point in even paying creds for them at all.

Last edited by Lady_Pebbles; 11-24-2011 at 02:42 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Well, I got the feedback I wanted, and it looks to me like the show must go on. This was hardly about the elite helms, really, my major thing with this is that I'm not bored yet, still having lots of fun and staying busy every day in game. I understand some people want to cap, and move on without skipping a beat. I however fully enjoyed this campaign, and would rather take time to smell the roses and give the devs time to make sure this new campaign is something completely different, as I know there will be an uproar if it looks too similar to Shipyard/Slouch-O.

@Rod, yes, pinks should remain legendary, and they would have if this stupid luck enhancer never surfaced. To me, it feels like I'm cheating. You pay the (real) money, and it pretty much ensures you a drop. What's next? A 100 plat 100% enhancer that always rerolls for pinks? I haven't bought a luck enhancer and I never will because if I drop a legendary, I want it to mean something, not be "another guttersnipe". But my point is, it's got nothing to do with how long this campaign stays current. Farming those pistols sans Miner Luck is not easy and the pistols would retain their value no matter what. It's the luck enhancer that completely ruined the prestige of having a pistol, not the update being here too long.

That said, I'm just as curious and anxious as the next guy to hit 41 and rock the awesome new gear the devs have in store for us, but I plan on enjoying this game for years to come, and I'd rather be patient and enjoy the journey than race to lv.100, paying real cash for my pinks and profitting massively off those who cant afford plat. This luck enhancer has to go, I've never seen such plat buyer favoritism in a single swift move as this enhancer.

This enhancer has basically made anyone who can afford to buy it filthy rich, and allowed them to charge outrageous prices to those who can't afford the 20 plat to get their own. Also, should someone actually drop even a guttersnipe, enhancer free, and go to sell it, the value of the gun now does not coincide with the effort involved, thanks to plat happy pink farmers. This is a huge step into pay to play territory, I fret that soon pinks wont even be in the loot table table until you have a plat paid enhancer.

STS, Please! Please, keep the legendaries legendary, and get rid of that rediculous enhancer. Or at least make it a 50% enhancer or something, because I am not going to pay plat to guarantee a pink reroll off of any old purple drop. That takes away the dedicated farm teams, and also takes the fun out of dropping one of those prestigous legendary drops the proper way. For the good of the game, and out of respect for those that want to play the game with a bit of a challenge, while still being able to keep up competitively, ditch those silly luck enhancers and encourage more actual farming. I could go on forever regarding ill side effects of this silly green potion, but I'm going to stop there. I have to go to work now.
    Infinite Union forums